PDA

View Full Version : What to do when trying to act feminine

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 09:35 AM
The following are what I do when I try to act as feminine as possible.I find that although it is important to be natural and unpretentious, it helps with passing to consciously acting soft and feminine whenever I could. It also makes the experience of going around en femme a lot more interesting

EYES
Eyes roll upwards when thinking
Only roll the eyes without turning the head when wanting to look at somebody

FACE
Smile more with the eyes than with the mouth.
Smile widely and often, showing all the teeth

NECK
Hold head more erect and tilted.

POSTURE
erect, straight, soft

MOUTH
Covering your mouth when chewing or giggling

HAND
Point at something with index finger flexed and turned upwards

SITTING
Crossing legs at the thigh level when seated
Smoothing the back of skirt or dress when sitting

BENDING
cover my chest
bend knees and squat down when bend over to pick something up.

CONVERSATION
more gesturing than in a male
tend to touch each other's forearm when making a point.

SMALL MOVEMENTS
Tilting head and shaking hair a little to be able to get the phone next to ear.
Play with or flick hair every so often
Holding a cup or a fork at the end, with thumb and 2 fingers
Sitting like a girl, legs crossed,arms as close to body as possible and kept a straight posture.
Holding glass at the end
shrugging and talking
holding hands and shaking hands by grabbing the tip of fingers
adjusting handbag strap every so often
hands holding up head
Pelvic tilt – emphasizes waist to hip ratio (a waist that is 70% of the hip size is most attractive to men)
Take advantage of any reflection to check out their appearance (in a window, mirror).
Women tend to stand ankles together, legs touching all the way from top to bottom.
playing with shoes when seated
Stand by centering their weight on the back leg and extend the other out in front.

Beverley Sims
01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Linda,
I think these are very good points and you are observant.
If I paid more attention to these things I would be a better woman than what I am.
I might write these up and pin them on the refrigerator.

Stevie
01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
No wonder why they say I act like a woman. I do most of the list naturally. Must been growing up with all women. Lol

Kate Simmons
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
While much of it is intrinsic, there really is no such thing as "How to be a woman 101".(Except maybe coaching from Denae Doyle.) We learn by observing and experience for the most part. The most important thing, however, is to do it for ourselves and not act like someone else thinks we should act. The proof is in the pudding more or less.:battingeyelashes::)

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
While much of it is intrinsic, there really is no such thing as "How to be a woman 101".(Except maybe coaching from Denae Doyle.) We learn by observing and experience for the most part. The most important thing, however, is to do it for ourselves and not act like someone else thinks we should act. The proof is in the pudding more or less.:battingeyelashes::)

You are absolutely correct.
Yet, there's no harm thinking consciously of improving and enjoying our femininity. I really hope some of us would add to and refine this list for me.

Maria S
01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
You could probably tie yourself in knots trying to think what to and what not to do. I just act as other women I see do.

Maria

Kate Simmons
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
You could probably tie yourself in knots trying to think what to and what not to do. I just act as other women I see do.

MariaMuch of it comes about from our feelings. This is how we really act like a woman. Linda's comprehensive list does merit a lot of thought though.:)

Karren H
01-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I have a hard enough time remembering what not to do..... don't spit.... don't scratch..... don't pick your nose.... I figure if I don't do those male kind of things out enfemme then I fit within one standard deviation of a semi normal female....

I Am Paula
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
No mention of the woman of the new millenium. TEXT...constantly. During dinner, at the movies, in the middle of a conversation. NEVER, NEVER put down your phone.
I was at a big band concert in December, and at least one third of the women was texting at any given time. My coffee shop ladies, whom I meet every morning, reach for their phones on avg. every three minutes. I'm fairly certain that a large portion of the population is texting during sex. You know the orgasm is real if she puts down her phone.
Men, on the other hand, look at their phone when it rings, if it's important, MAY take the call. Men only text when their wife sends them out for feminine hygene products at 3:00 a.m. and they realize there's twenty nine types with wings.
So ladies, it you really want to pass...get on the phone.-Celeste

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Maria

I agree it's best to relax and try to be soft and gentle when en femme. However, if I know what are the typical feminine gestures in the back of my mind, I know I'll somehow act them out without being too conscious. Also, if I don't even think of what these gestures are, I'll not be able to enjoy femininity to that extra dimension.

Abigail
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
No mention of the woman of the new millenium. TEXT...constantly. During dinner, at the movies, in the middle of a conversation. NEVER, NEVER put down your phone.
I was at a big band concert in December, and at least one third of the women was texting at any given time. My coffee shop ladies, whom I meet every morning, reach for their phones on avg. every three minutes. I'm fairly certain that a large portion of the population is texting during sex. You know the orgasm is real if she puts down her phone.
Men, on the other hand, look at their phone when it rings, if it's important, MAY take the call. Men only text when their wife sends them out for feminine hygene products at 3:00 a.m. and they realize there's twenty nine types with wings.
So ladies, it you really want to pass...get on the phone.-Celeste

If there was a like button you would get my :thumbsup:

Tracii G
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
I find it quite rude that people out eating dinner with friends,seems they all are messing with their phones and not talking to each other.

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Why's there the thumbs down sign next to the title of this thread ? How to remove it?

linda.wai
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
If there was a like button you would get my :thumbsup:

how about texting and then smiling to yourself ? That's feminine ?

Lorileah
01-23-2013, 12:33 PM
I can't do all that, I would not have time to do anything else. That is too much thinking for a blonde

jandebs
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
My beautifully elegant 25 year old daughter can do the entire alphabet in one burp. I think that should be added to the MOUTH heading

carhill2mn
01-23-2013, 01:41 PM
While I agree with nearly all of your suggestions, I would caution anyone to not overdo or exaggerate any of them. Sometimes
younger girls/women do exaggerate certain actions when flirting with someone. A lot depends upon the circumstances.

One thing that is always appropriate is to have a pleasant liitle smile. This will do wonders for your "acceptance". Another suggestion is to not speak in a "booming, authorataive" voice.

MonicaCD
01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Why's there the thumbs down sign next to the title of this thread ? How to remove it?

Looks to me like it's in the thread title. Not sure how it got there, but I think if you edit your original post, then click "Go Advanced" you can edit the Thread Title (and you should see ":thumbsdown:" therein). That's just a WAG though.

Gwen01
01-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Why not act demure and polite? Add a touch of seductiveness without rude intonations such as texting constantly?
I would think this adds more class to what we want to achieve...
I, for one, do not want to get mistaken for a prostitute.
-Gwen

linda.wai
01-24-2013, 05:55 AM
These feminine mannerisms and gestures mustn't be overdone. I won't try to do then deliberately.
However, i find it hugely satisfying to practice doing them when I'm in private. Also, it's fun to do one or two of these occasionally when en femme in public. It's jus so much more fun.

Any more to add to the list?

MonicaCD
01-24-2013, 06:44 AM
One of the biggest for me is to smile :)

Also, someone posted this here recently http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html and I've been having fun putting a different hip and elbow motion in play.

Michelle (Oz)
01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
I can't do all that, I would not have time to do anything else. That is too much thinking for a blonde

My problem these days is that I not only have 'seniors moments' but 'blonde moments' too - what chance does a gal have?

I do smile a lot more too. When dressed, I tend to look more male when serious and more female when smiling. Mind you smiling comes easy when out dressed.

stephNE
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I was at a big band concert in December ....

I went to see Dave Matthews Band last year. I paid almost $100 for my ticket (plus wife and one son), the girl in front of me was on the phone the entire concert. What a hugh PITA she was.