PDA

View Full Version : Lana Wachowski at HRC San Francisco

Ann Louise
01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi Sisters - I wanted to share a video with you that I encountered on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) website in which Lana Wachowski (TG, and director of the Matrix trilogy of films) accepts the 2012 HRC Visibility Award. It brought laughter to my heart and tears to my eyes, as she recounts highlights of her personal journey as a TG, and resurrected many dim memories of my TG journey to this point in my life. Grab a cuppa and enjoy:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/video-lana-wachowski-opens-up-about-her-journey-as-a-transgender-american

Hugs, Elfin

Cassandra Lynn
01-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah, i came across it several weeks ago and your so right it is a must see for everyone.

Her nervousness and personality might throw some people to begin (and she's wordy) with but once she calms down and starts her story it is incredibly touching.

Theresa_W
01-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Wow. Simply amazing. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Terri

Jocee
02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for posting this. She is intensely private and was so objectified by the press when she was transitioned. Her speech is incredibly touching.

Beverley Sims
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks for posting it Elfin, I think it was posted earlier or is it another one.