PDA

View Full Version : good books to read about cding

Megan L
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
anyone know of any good books to read about cding? I would like to read up on the subject to learn more about why I do it and so on

Kate Simmons
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
It's good to get different perspectives as to perhaps why some do it. The particular "why" will be different for each person, however and some folk don't know "why" or even care, they just enjoy it.:)

Barbra P
01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
You might find “My Husband Wears My Clothes: Crossdressing from the Perspective of a Wife” by Peggy J. Rudd, Ed.D While it is written from the perspective of a wife, I found the book very interesting. It is interesting to note that Dr. Rudd says that her husband’s crossdressing has actually made their marriage stronger. The book is available from B&N or Amazon ($10.17).

I have yet to read Dr. Rudd’s other book “Crossdressing With Dignity: The Case For Transcending Gender Lines” but I have been told that it is actually a better book for the crossdresser to read. On Amazon this book sells for $10.91 in paperback or $7.69 for the Kindle edition.

carhill2mn
01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Some other books are: Understanding Crossdressing by Virgina Prince; The Emancipated Crossdresser by Ms. Lacey Leigh; The Transvestite and His WIfe by Virginia Prince; My Husband Betty by Helen Boyd. Some of these authors also have other books.

Virgina Prince was an early pioneer in the effort to have transgenderism recognized. My Husband Betty is probably better suited for someone who is not a "beginner".

As to "Why?" : that will be a harder question to answer. There have been a number of publications over the years that have attempted to answer this question but, so far, no real answers - just theories. A theory that seems to be reasonable is that
hormonal changes that usually occur in the womb that cause a fetus to become more male/masculine/whatever did not happen in the usual manner. Thus, your brain responds and reacts to things, events, etc. a little differently than another person's brain might. Food for thought!

Cynthia Scarlet
01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
i like "luna" and "i am j" however they do not explain crossdressing they are just about a crossdresser.

Rachel52
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Thank you for all of the book recommendations. I have read 'My Husband Betty' with my wife and we both enjoyed it.

outhiking
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
The book “Crossdressing With Dignity: The Case For Transcending Gender Lines” is a nice demographic study of who crossdresses and although its a bit dated, it's still nice to see that there are a lot of us out there.

Megan L
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
This is great thank you all for the suggestions I will check into them and see how they are

Kate Simmons
01-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Other than "why", a couple of "how to" books are "The art and illusion of crossdressing" by JoAnn Roberts and "How to dress like a girl" by Kalina Isato. :)

CynthiaD
01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
I've read a number of Peggy Rudd's books and enjoyed them very much. However, the best book I've read on the subject is "the Emancipated Crossdresser" mentioned in a previous post. Another good book is "The Lazy Crossdresser." Both are very upbeat. I found "My Husband Betty" to be somewhat a downer, and I didn't enjoy it much.

Tess
01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
A very interesting novel with multiple TG characters is John Irving's In One Person. Excellent book.

Beverley Sims
01-24-2013, 08:12 AM
I was able to relate to "The Lazy Crossdresser."

CONSUELO
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Other replies have caught most of the good ones. I found that a search on Amazon yielded lots of possibilities. You don't have to buy them there but if you do you have the second hand option which is cheaper.