PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to this forum I told a friend

Terri Andrews
01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
I have recently read several threads that talked about telling a friend .
The comments have been mostly postive so I finally decided to tell a GG who has been a very close friend for about 20 years .
I called her and ask if I could come over and talk to her .
It was diffcult getting started ,but once started it all came out .
I started by saying that I was Transgendered and she ask what that meant .
I started at the beginning ,age 5 ,and went thru to the present .
The bottom line was that she was very accepting and we said that our relatonship is stronger than ever .
The question of what I looked like came up ,so I showed her some pictures ,afterwards she said that she had been a little afraid to see the pictures ,but said that she was very surprised and said that she could have walked by me and probably not regonized me .
I think her best comment was that she could not imagine the pain that this has caused because of having to hide this side of my self .
The next person I tell may not be so positive ,but I am not in a hurry to tell anyone else .
It was a great day and thanks to the girls on this forum for all of your thoughts .

docrobbysherry
01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
R u thanking, or blaming us, Terri?
I felt an overwhelming need to tell someone, too. So, I picked an old girlfriend of 35 years who lives out of town. We always stayed in touch and we hooked up once in awhile.

At first, she was very supportive and accepting. However, after a time she became fed up and even jealous of Sherry!

The BAD NEWS: We haven't had contact in about 2 years now.

The GOOD NEWS: The urge to tell anyone who knows me about my dressing has DISAPPEARED!

Leah Lynn
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Congratulations on this big step! I takes a lot of guts to expose yourself to someone, but when they're accepting, it really feels great.

Leah

Launa
01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Another positive story about coming out! I love it

Barbara Ella
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Good fortune on this one, but you never know about the next one. When you get a bad one, you may decide to stop and tell no one ever again. That is fine, and if it is right for you it is exactly what you need to do. file away the good one, and don't let the bad ones weigh you down.

Barbara

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
It is with a certain amount of trepidation I tell any one anything.
I have a gay friend who came out to me, I still have not told him about me.
Maybe one day. I have no doubt he will rib me as much as I rib him.
I stand there with him perving on the girls, and he stands there with me perving on the boys.
We have no interest in each other.... We are just good friends

SsRebeccaGurl
02-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Congrats on telling your friend!

I am tempted so often to do so, but then I start to think about the fact that I may be burdening them with a secret. I am conflicted over which is the better choice. Keep it inside and protect my friends, or tell them so i don't keep it bottled up.

Tracii G
02-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Purple that is what a true friend is.
I have an old friend that knows he can call me 24/7 and I'll be there.

laura.lapinski
02-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I think for most its best to keep it your own secret. You can share here, and have a different circle of friends to share with if that is the way you want to keep it. for others, the feelings to share may be stronger and more necessary. It's all an individual thing, and one should deeply contemplate it before moving forward either way.