PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first wig today

rookiemistake
01-25-2013, 01:46 AM
I live my life as a straight male and very few (other than my gf) know that I crossdress, and she's mostly DADT.
Well, I had the day off work today and planned to go on an excursion out of the general area (about 2 hours or so away) so I could purchase new clothes without the fear of running into someone I know.
Unfortunately, I never made it too far because the gf stayed over longer than expected and I didn't want questions from my roommates.
So, I went to a few places around here where I felt I'd be free from those I know.
After a few unsuccessful stops, I gave up and headed for home. But, on the way back, I decided to stop at a costume store and pick out my first wig.
They had plenty, so it was a difficult decision, and I'm not against going back for another (costume stores don't do much business when it's not Halloween, apparently).
I haven't had a chance to wear it out yet, but I'm going to very soon, for sure.
This is the wig I chose:
http://www.maxwigs.com/image/ENIG-212_240_300_1.jpg
That's not a picture of me, but the one you can find if you search for the wig online. (Daphne wig)
I've always had a bit of a thing for Daphne from Scooby Doo, so I figured that should be the wig I got. I'm also thinking of taking Daphne as my female name, since I haven't chosen one yet.
What do you think?

AmyGaleRT
01-25-2013, 02:34 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it, RM. When I finally get my hair trimmed to look better en femme, it may very well wind up looking a lot like that. But costume-store wigs are notoriously low quality; best to go to an actual wig shop.

"Daphne" is a good name; its origins are in Greek mythology, where Daphne was a nymph turned into a laurel tree by her father to escape the pursuit of Apollo.

- Amy (from the French aimée, "beloved" :))

Danni Renee
01-25-2013, 02:44 AM
I like it, I think it is a good choice. I hope it looks the way you want it to look on you. I took me quite a while to find the right one when I was wig shopping because the styles I wanted did not look good on me when I put them on. I am finally happy with my wigs but it sure took a while to get there.

Danni

Diversity
01-25-2013, 03:09 AM
The wig looks good on the model, but to give you an honest answer, it is really hard to tell, as the wig needs to fit your facial profile, and I don't know what it looks like. If you are happy with it and how it looks then I guess that is the best answer of them all. You need to feel good with your choice. Have fun!
Di

Erica Marie
01-25-2013, 07:13 AM
That style is so cute. I too have been looking to upgrade my hair style. Just so hard to known for sure what will work best.

rookiemistake
01-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I didn't know that, Amy! That actually makes me pretty happy knowing my name would be about someone who got "transformed." I mean, I'm not looking to turn into a tree, but the name is cute.

rookiemistake
01-25-2013, 07:32 AM
You are right, Di. I tried it on last night, very late. I actually think it looked okay (facial hair aside, which would be shaved). Maybe slightly too tall in the back, but women are wearing that style now days. I also cut out the ridiculous-looking headband. It didn't look like it fit.
Anyway, at some point I'm going to go out with it and wear sunglasses, because I haven't learned how to do makeup yet. I do kind of want to pass eventually, so I can go shopping en femme. Once I get past that point, who knows!

tanya_m
01-25-2013, 07:36 AM
This is a beautiful wig.

MsCheri
01-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Cute wig - kind of 5-'s style!

Beverley Sims
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I am assuming it is a cheapie costume wig.
If it is it is very good.
If not, it still looks great.
I would buy one I like the style.