PDA

View Full Version : A happy moment

AmyGaleRT
01-25-2013, 05:27 AM
What wonderful validation I got tonight! While I was en femme tonight (in fact, still in the sixth outfit from my "Fashion Workshop" thread), my fiancee sent me out to fetch her back a dessert. So I packed up my purse, went out to the car, and "drove pretty" once more!

Since I didn't really want to hand a debit card in a male name to the drive-through cashier under these circumstances, I stopped at the ATM first (remember I posted about that once, because my fiancee was worried?). Then up the street, to the local McDonald's, where I pulled up to the drive-through and placed the order, using Amy-voice, of course. There were a few other cars ahead of me, so that gave me time to retrieve my clutch wallet and pull out the $20 I'd got from the ATM.

The lady at the first window didn't seem to notice much, just took my money and handed me my change, to which I said "Thank you" and pulled forward, quickly storing the change in my wallet and putting it back in my purse. At the second window, there had apparently been some confusion, so the dialogue went like this:

Lady at window: "I'm sorry, ma'am, what was your order?"
Me: "Um...a McFlurry with Reeses and a hot fudge sundae." (still Amy-voice)
Lady at window: "Okay, one sec."
(she turns aside, picking up what I'd ordered and handing it to me)
Lady at window: "There you are, ma'am. I'm sorry, we don't have any more nuts." (for the sundae)
Me: "Oh, that's quite all right. Thank you!"
Lady at window: "Thank you!"

And I drove off...elated. That was the first time I've been "ma'am"ed...and it happened twice! I've been floating on Cloud Nine :c9: ever since!

Okay, the next big hurdle will have to be...getting out of the car and going in somewhere. And it no longer seems so far away as it once did.

For now though...I'm a happy girl. :D

- Amy

Kelley
01-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Good for you Amy, those encounters make it all worthwhile. Judging from your avatar you will have many more.

Maria in heels
01-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Amy...If I were in your shoes, I would be elated as well. Its just great if the public were to understand and not be "harsh" on us. Not to mention the support from your fiance ...that helps too!

Beverley Sims
01-25-2013, 10:48 AM
One small step for Amy.

Julie Denier
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
What a great experience! So happy for you, Amy ;)

marybeth52
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
You must have been on cloud nine!

Chickhe
01-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Its all in how they say nut! Great progress, even if it doesn't go as you would like, it can be fun shocking people.

Persephone
01-25-2013, 01:44 PM
So cool, Amy! Welcome to the other side of the line!

Hugs,
Persephone.

andrea lace
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Well done Amy its now my turn to comment on one of your threads. I am glad you enjoyed yourself on your trip and that it went well for you.

CassandraSmith
01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
That's wonderful Amy. Please continue having more great days!

Cassy

Bree Wagner
01-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experience Amy. With your growing confidence and your SO's support I'm sure it won't be long until you get out of that car!

-Bree

sonna
01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
keep it up you will be in the mall befor you know it. big smiles

Diversity
01-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Congratulations, Amy. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is encouraging, and I wish you well in your next adventure!
Di

Leah Lynn
01-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Way to go, Girl! Won't be long and you'll be bumping into Lorileah in the clubs.
Leah

Michelle M
01-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Alright Amy! Treasure these moments.

JBPerry
01-25-2013, 11:09 PM
way to go Amy!!!! I went inside Jack in the Box tonight while in my heels i posted in my last post, black knee highs, a maternity top and a pair of slacks with a pink stripe across the top.....bit nervous at first but i did it!

Missy Tanya
01-25-2013, 11:10 PM
You should have told her when she said they didn't have any nuts. That's OK, I have my own!! So sorry,I could pass it up..