PDA

View Full Version : Different for Girls

Keely
01-26-2013, 06:16 PM
I ran across this movie on utube while surfing around.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0BC6664CF2C0D5DA

Thought it might be of interest.

Raychel
01-26-2013, 06:55 PM
I watched the first part, looks pretty good, I will have to watch the rest when I have time.

Thanks for the link Keely

Michelle M
01-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks, Keely.
I played it tonight. It's very good and an interesting perspective.
And, I'm a real sucker for happy endings! This one left me smiling.
Michelle

suzy1
01-27-2013, 03:41 AM
I loved the bit where she comes home to her apartment all neat and tidy and he comes home to his apartment, a complete tip. Typical men!:eek:

Celeste
01-27-2013, 08:23 AM
I watched it too,thanks Keely.

KIRA ANN
01-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Everbody needs to see this movie, it was good, thank keely.

pink.switch.love
01-27-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm going to watch that when I have the time. Thanks

-Pink

Beverley Sims
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes I have it in my collection.
Doesn't do much for me. There are better movies around I think.

pink.switch.love
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Do you have a list you can share?

ColleenA
01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
When "Different For Girls" was at the local art house, I saw it with a gay friend. I loved it. He didn't get it.

Beverley Sims
02-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Do you have a list you can share?

I will have to dig it up it has brief comments with it I think.
Prompt me in about a week if I don't post it by then.

rachael.davis
02-01-2013, 08:46 AM
When "Different For Girls" was at the local art house, I saw it with a gay friend. I loved it. He didn't get it.

I saw it when it came out (so to speak) in NY, I think the lovemaking scene was when I moved from "crossdresser" to trans something or another

sonna
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
not a bad movie.......

Aylineira
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Great post! I watched the whole thing through :)

My opinion is that it has a lot of great lines for non TG folks to hear (such as Kim calling herself straight) but as a whole, not actually one of the best movies I've seen. I really didn't feel the chemistry between the 2 main characters...but again that's just my opinion. 3 stars out of 5. I liked that a couple of the same characters did Sherlock too!

CassandraSmith
02-02-2013, 01:52 AM

I didn't really enjoy it myself and only got part way through. I know it was supposed to have a happy ending but he's way too noisy for me. I couldn't bond with his character. Besides, anyone who is inept regarding legal stuff frightens me too much.

Annie D
02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
I appreciate that the two characters were once boyhood friends and they went their separate ways only to be reunited, the male now a misfit and the female as a responsible employed member of the community. As they become reacquainted, the misfit gets his friend in trouble with the law and we see how she is treated by bigoted people of power. She is defended by her friend who ultimately does the right thing by her and she comes to his rescue, overcoming her desire of being invisible to the public. They build a relationship and yes, it does have a happy ending. I have watched it several times and enjoyed it every time. I too, enjoy happy endings; it would recommend it to everyone here.