PDA

View Full Version : The Cat's Out Of The Bag! My Neighbor Saw Sarah

Sarah L
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Well...
I made a conscience decision to go out as often as possible as Sarah. This meant finally buying a wig. Sometimes my hair is long enough I don't need one, but other times it's short.

Friday I went out in skirt and makeup(my usual butcher job...well, it's not that bad) and bought the wig. The national nightmare is over...Sarah has a wig. I made a stop at walmart on the way home.

I got home after dark and was getting my shopping bags out of the car and saw a vehicle coming towards my driveway. I share the driveway with the people behind me and I could tell it was them.

I had the time to shut the car door and let them pass...or I could get out and walk across the driveway in their headlights. I made my choice and got out.

I needed a second trip to the car to get everything. When I went back out, they had used the turnaround at their end of the driveway and their truck was facing towards me again. I walked to the car knowing full well they could see me if they were looking my way. I didn't even hesitate.

In truth, I have been halfway looking forward to the time when I would get home when a neighbor was outside. I haven't seen them out since then and they didn't say anything that night, so who knows. They know it's my car and no female lives here. They must have known it was me, even though it was dark. It felt like it was no big deal.

The woman that lives there saw me dressed as a zombie nurse at halloween and said I looked cute(I was going for menacing). Maybe she has suspected since then.

We shall see.....

JBPerry
01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
I've had my scares too....My wife and I live in base housing (for those of you who dont know, I'm a currently serving Marine) and we have gone out a few times with me dressed en femme. Never any makeup to prevent any issues at the front gate but have gone with wig and clothes. Fortunately, my downstairs neighbors have seen me as Nicole and dont have a problem...its just the rest of the street that doesnt know. Nicole has gone outside a few times...in fact yesterday she went to take the trash out and to get the mail...it is nerve wracking sometimes but I have survived worse!

Sarah L
01-27-2013, 01:06 PM
I've had my scares too....My wife and I live in base housing (for those of you who dont know, I'm a currently serving Marine) and we have gone out a few times with me dressed en femme. Never any makeup to prevent any issues at the front gate but have gone with wig and clothes. Fortunately, my downstairs neighbors have seen me as Nicole and dont have a problem...its just the rest of the street that doesnt know. Nicole has gone outside a few times...in fact yesterday she went to take the trash out and to get the mail...it is nerve wracking sometimes but I have survived worse!

Being a marine (Thank You!) I bet you have survived worse!
It wasn't a scare. I am past the point of worrying about getting caught. I want to get it out of the way. It's almost like having a chore to do. My attitude is: Get it done and move on.

sharonlb
01-27-2013, 03:01 PM
When I started going out as Sharon more, almost always at night, I assumed my neighbors saw me and figured out what was going on. When I had a chance to actually talk with them I found out they did see me, but they thought Sharon was my girlfriend. They never realized it was me. It never crossed their minds that I cross dressed.

Don't assume your neighbors know about Sarah. They may think something else was going on, especially since you said this happened at night.

Beverley Sims
01-28-2013, 05:50 AM
If I get sprung I tell them I was a female impersonator years ago and someone wanted to see the costume.
Usually they get interested also and want to see the end result.

dominique
01-28-2013, 05:55 AM
I got busted by my neighbour as well. She'd seen me a few times dressed any way and wasn't surprised. There has not been any difference in our attitude to each other.

Allison Chaynes
01-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I was close last summer. I was in my new one piece swimdress in the pool when I heard my neighbors on the other side of the fence. I just got quiet and shrank down. Don't think they saw me!

Lorileah
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
My backdoor neighbor "caught" right after my wife died and I am sure he told everyone in the neighborhood because I heard a rumor about something he did a few weeks later...it gets around (he has since moved). But Monday I went to get the paper with nail polish on my toes and fingers and talked to another neighbor...he didn't say a thing about it . Besides I leave the garage three times a week dressed :)

Robbin_Sinclair
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Well...
I made a conscience decision to go out as often as possible as Sarah. They know it's my car and no female lives here. They must have known it was me, even though it was dark. It felt like it was no big deal.......The woman that lives there so me dressed as a zombie nurse at halloween and said I looked cute(I was going for menacing). Maybe she has suspected since then. We shall see.....

I can't imagine they don't know. If you ever feel you have to talk you way out of it, here's your alibi: You were a nurse last year. You are practicing to be a something or other this year. Your Halloween costume is something you are thinking about but maybe another is needed. Perhaps a French Maid. You are a serious person when it comes to a convincing Halloween costume.

This is why one joins community theater. We learn alibi's because of Agatha Christie plots. A proper actor can tell convincing lies.

Your neighbor knows. Congratulations. Wish I was at that that point but I got family. Cheers.