PDA

View Full Version : A BIG Step

TNRobin
01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
At least this is a huge step for me. I started seeing a therapist a few weeks ago and this past Wednesday was my 3rd visit. She referred me to an MD to get a prescription for an anti-androgen!

I have no idea how far this journey is going, if I'll ever start estrogen, or SRS, but she has me keeping a journal and it's an interesting adventure into my mind. Things that I hadn't thought about at all, or very little, things from years ago that I had all but forgotten about, when I started crossdressing, etc.

One amusing story though. I do dress in public, but not right where I live, I go up the road about 20 miles or so to Nashville. So anyway, a week or so ago I decided to get all dressed up, made up and whatnot and do some stuff around the house. Then around dusk I decided to go get my mail dressed as I was. As soon as I opened the mailbox and pulled out the mail, some of the junk mail flyers were caught in the wind and blown about. And at the same time a neighbor, and NONE of my neighbors have any idea that I crossdress, saw the carnage and stopped to help. She handed me my mail face to face and didn't go into shock, the world didn't end, and now at least one of my neighbors know that there's a little something different about that guy down the road! :)

suzy1
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
That’s a nice neighbour but most people are nice anyway.

Good luck with your journey Helen and all the best,

SUZY

I Am Paula
01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I used to get in my car in the garage, and drive out of my nieghborhood quickly, and head into Toronto where I was a face in the crowd. One day sitting at home the doorbell rang, and I could see through the glass that it was my nieghbor Daniel. My car was in the driveway, and my stereo on, so he knew I was home. Time to bite the bullet. I opened the door and let him in. Anti-climax!!! He looked me up and down, from my wig, slowed down over the boobular area, followed my stockinged legs down to flirty peeptoe pumps. Then he looked me in the eye and asked if i could help him hang some curtain rods. I lived there about another year, and saw Daniel almost every morning in the driveway, and he never commented once. He saw me dressed a few times after that, just coming and going, and always waved or said hi.-Celeste

Barbara Ella
01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Good luck with the journey Helen, and with neighbors. It is always interesting how the reactions will vary. Always good to read two stories like these. Boy, even the home is not safe.

Barbara