PDA

View Full Version : What makes us change direction

pernille d
01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
As long as I can remember I have always been fascinated by lingeri and It is just the clothing I like as i have never wanted to be a woman . So why the flip !!!! suddenly in my mid 30's for fun i brought a pair of heels and from that day on my dressing took a dramatic turn .it was like i was on some form of crossdressing drug . Clothes ,wigs shoes, you name it I brought it, I even started going out out in public places as pernille .

My life is very complex and complicated but let's say I am semi in the closet and it restricts how and what I would like to be like. But just lately I have started wondering why this flip did not happen earlier in my life and I feel a bit sad as i feel I have lost those years. There is lots said about the road and the journey we are on but what triggers the sudden changes in direction .

now looking back I feel I made mistakes and regret I did not do the things I now can see I should have done . I feel so much like taking my dressing further but I don't know the cost will be to my personal life now . The question also is will I look back in 10 years and regret I did not follow my feelings now , I know there is now answer but maybe there are some of you with views or maybe sone with first hand experience that can come with a few comments

Fuchsia
01-27-2013, 02:59 PM
It's easy to look back with regret and facile to say all roads lead to here & now. I will probably never take my crossdressing to where my imagination goes and we are always limited by our roles in the World. What we can do is to explore and experiment to our hearts content in our private spaces. It's possible you are not so much having a flip moment as a sudden realisation that this is what you want to do right now. I've always been into some form of crossdressing since I was young but suddenly I'm free to experiment as I am lucky enough to have free access to female apparel in private. It's obviously okay to regret and be sad that things didn't happen earlier in our lives, but it's happening now. Enjoy xx

Kate Simmons
01-27-2013, 03:09 PM
At some point our lives cease becoming fodder for others and become our own is my guess Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

suzy1
01-27-2013, 03:14 PM
For many it does develop as we get older but I don’t know why.
I just put on a pair of hose or an old bra when I was young but now I live part of my time as Suzy and I fully dress.
The thing for me is, I am now totally satisfied with my life. Is that where you’re heading pernille?

I think only you can really answer your questions.

sharonlb
01-27-2013, 03:23 PM
It might be hormonal. Men generate less testosterone as they get older. It might be when you were younger the testosterone overpowered your urges. Now that your body generates less testosterone it "flipped the switch."

That's my theory. Maybe it is wrong, or it could be incomplete. It makes sense to me, though.

Beverley Sims
01-28-2013, 05:44 AM
What makes us change direction?
Usually turning the roadmap the right way up.
I am into the hormonal theory, less testosterone plays havoc with the mindset.

cassexy
01-28-2013, 07:29 AM
welll i gues we are destined to be females trapped in men body. well we are like that only

Karren H
01-28-2013, 08:36 AM
It's the slippery slope into femininity ..... once you start down the incline it's hard to crawl back up.... probably has something to do with the the extremely low friction factors of nylons and body lotions.......

Joanne f
01-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Childhood to your 30s can be quite a busy time in many ways with so many different distractions , maybe it is once they start to slow down that you begin to feel the other things in your life that has maybe been there but more in the background and once you know they are there you start to concentrate on them more, or maybe we have just had to many drinks out of plastic bottles .

Jenniferathome
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Is it a "change in direction" or is it progression? You reached whatever level of satisfaction you received from lingerie and natural curiosity opens your mind to other possibilities. Of course, it could be some latent denial that you broke through as well.

Robbin_Sinclair
01-29-2013, 04:19 PM
My life is very complex and complicated but let's say I am semi in the closet and it restricts how and what I would like to be like. But just lately I have started wondering why this flip did not happen earlier in my life and I feel a bit sad as i feel I have lost those years. There is lots said about the road and the journey we are on but what triggers the sudden changes in direction For me, you said it right at the beginning of this paragraph. My life is very complex. So was mine until recently. We all have complexities in our life but having to work 9-5...6 and later and then staying awake in the middle of the night worrying about someone or something that happened is over. I have my life back.

Retirement. I had to force myself the first year and then I started focusing on my own feelings. Comfortable colorful cotton things that girls wear always appealed to me. The big deal was pantyhose, which I never cared for on a woman. The horses were out of the barn when I first looked at my legs with black hose.

I never felt how I feel in Robbin mode. It's sublime.

Annaliese2010
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Bottom line? We live. We die. Like tears in rain, we're all lost in time. Forgotten. So do what you want. Or do what you oughta. Only you can decide; ripples you leave behind. Contrails of peace or trauma. *Sigh* Does it really matter? Who knows...I sure don't.