PDA

View Full Version : Things have gotton really exciting.

Oh2Be7of9
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
So I'm new here and have a lot of history to share but to get everyone up to speed...

I've been divorced and single for about 9 years. My ex was accepting with rules. #1 was, never outside of the house.
My being a CD had nothing to do with the divorce. We are still good friends and it was my ex that nudged me back into the world of being a CD. That's a whole different story.

Recently I was out with a GG friend of mine who has always been a big supporter of LGBT issues. As we were talking I just felt compelled to tell her what I like to do in private knowing she would be OK with it. OMG, Isn't is nice to be able to talk about it with someone that doesn't judge you?

After I told her my whole CD history she thanked me for trusting her with such personal information. After a while she suggested that we get dressed up and go out some time. I was all for THAT. I've only been out twice before in public and that was a long long time ago. Anyway, that was last October and we have finally worked out the logistics (I live in GA and she lives in Nashville) for next weekend.

There have been quite a few issues to work out.

I only dress at home with no make up and no wig. Back in the day I had really long hair.

I would make a wreck out of myself if I tried to do my own makeup and my friend is one of those girls that wears very little, if any, makeup and she said she is not the one to do my face up. So the last time I was in Nashville, on unrelated business, I checked out the MAC store and as you all know they were more than accommodating. They said I just need to make an appointment. The best thing is they have a little private area that we can use rather than being out on the floor in front of the regular folks. I will just need to walk out of the mall with my face made up and not give a hoot what people, that I will never see again, think of me. Oh, and no, I don't look anything like a girl. They have their work cut out for them. So this will take care of the makeup issue.

I have never had a wig. Like I said, back in the day I didn't need one. But now my hair is short and gray. So I took a chance on a wig imported from china. Hey, I'm not made of money and this girly stuff can get expensive. Well, naturally, you get what you pay for. Straight out of the box this thing is a mess. I don't know if a stylist could save it or not. So this is issue number two. I need to find a wig shop in Nashville that can help me out. You Nashville CD's have any ideas?

I talked with my friend today and she gave me some more great news. A friend of hers, another GG, is going to join us. It will be my first ever real girls night out. :D

I'll keep you posted....

JBPerry
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
oooh sounds like fun!!! me, my wife and sister in law have a girls day/night out planned for when we come home this summer

BLUE ORCHID
01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi O2B, Sounds like you've found yourself a keeper good luck.

Maria 60
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Looking forward to hear how it go's, please keep us updated and it doe's sound exciting.

Jenniferathome
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
A decent wig does not have to be super expensive. Shop for something you like at wigs.com and then search for it on ebay or Amazon. You'll get it for 50% less

Beverley Sims
01-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Ask a wig shop for a wig for yourself.
If you get good vibes you could ask if you could come in dressed to get it styled.
That would be a bonus and some do accept that situation.

AmyGaleRT
01-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Good for you, O2B! Go forth and prepare to assimilate the night! ;)

- Amy

jennyday
01-28-2013, 05:50 AM
O2B, you really need to find youself a wig. Even if you have to start with a wig store in your local area. You can also order them on line for some very reasonable prices.
I don't know which MAC you are going to in Nashville, but I was there this summer at one of the malls and had a MAC makeover as you had described. Awsome experience, a bit expensive, but well worth it. Yes, there was a little area off to the side with a door for some privacy. You will love it.
Jenny

CassandraSmith
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Subscribed! :-)

Cassy