PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend knows I cd, when do I show myself?

Ericafloyd
01-28-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm kinda freaked about letting her see me dressed. I wouldn't want to only show her a little....I think all out...??? What do you think...dress to impress??

Kari B
01-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Is she ready to see you dressed? Go all out I say.

K.

DanaR
01-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Ask her if she would like to see you. If she does, maybe she would help. If she doesn't want to see you, then don't push it.

mikiSJ
01-28-2013, 03:06 AM
Kari and Dana are both right, but it is your call, your comfort level, and, since she is "only" your girlfriend, how much do you want to invest in the relationship.

Imeni
01-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Easy question, simple answer. Are you ready to show her that part of yourself? Is she comfortable and ready to see that side of you? If so, just do it. Overthinking things just makes things weird and overly stressful when it should be a time of relaxation and warmth. My girlfriend has known since before we met and its been a month and a half. And while we talk about cute clothes, I have yet to show her. Because part of me isn't quite ready. But one day, I will be. And it will be a happy, comfortable day.

Beverley Sims
01-28-2013, 04:12 AM
i'm kinda freaked about letting her see me dressed. I wouldn't want to only show her a little....i think all out...??? What do you think...dress to impress??
When YOU ARE ASKED!

Karen_K
01-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Talk to her about it and when she wants to see you, then do it. I would not recommend surprising her.

Tracy - new dresser
01-28-2013, 08:20 AM
i was the same as you the idea of dressin in front of my gf totally freaked me out. she really wanted to see so when i was dressing one day and had a few too many wines lol i just busted it out :p

she didnt say much and didnt really talk bout it lol. was really not a big ptoblem.

Cheryl T
01-28-2013, 09:35 AM
If she's accepting and wants to see you dressed then go for it. But I would do it tastefully.
As for how you will feel...well, if you have been secretive about your dressing for a long time then you will feel a bit awkward I'm sure. It takes time to become comfortable letting your guard down. It took me a few months of dressing in front of my wife to become at ease and realize I was not going to be ridiculed but helped.

pink.switch.lover
01-28-2013, 09:45 AM
How did she find out?

Melissa Rose
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Avoid wearing anything most would consider overtly sexy, provocative, sissy, costume-like or sexually objectifying of women. This does not mean boring or plain, but tasteful, classy and stylish in a feminine way. There is nothing wrong with most of the first forms of dressing mentioned, but it may not be the initial image and message you want to send to your girlfriend. Perhaps think of it as if you were an adult woman and meeting your boyfriends parents for the first time.

Tabitha Storm
01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
I would say when she is ready to see and you re ready to show. It can be a tricky thing because even though they know you dress it hasn't become real until they see it. Make sure you are both ready.

Tab's 2 cents

Jenniferathome
01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Well, you ask her what she is ready for. It may be that all she can handle is seeing your clothes without you in them. My wife's opinion is that seeing me fully transformed is the most comfortable for her as I look the least like my guy self. BUT... she did not get there over night. We talked a lot. She saw my things hanging in the closet every day.

Just ask her what she is ready for. She will be nervous too.

darla_g
01-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Besides when the other question that always comes up is how much participation? It seems there are those that want to help, want to do makeup like they do makeup

and there are those that like to just see the final product.

also what Melissa said above is so true.

wilt575
01-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Talk to her about it and when she wants to see you, then do it. I would not recommend surprising her.

Has she shown any interest is seeing you as female, does she have any desire in going out with the fem you. Either way one piece of advice don't dress bigger or better then she does, don't look better than her. My wife had a fit one time, we were going out. I was dressed better plus my forms made mine look bigger than her boobs.

carriecatgirl
01-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Wait till she is ready or ask her when she's ready . Wear classy outfit n natural make up . Hugs

TanyaR
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
I really suggest talking to her about it. Is she ready? How much would she like to see? Just dressed first? Full hair, makeup, dress?
My CD Hubby and I talked about it first, if I was ready/how much I wanted to see, then I decided to go slow. First he just wore a skirt, next time a dress, then make up & hair. Each person has their own comfort level and I believe you should make sure to find out where she is. Be prepared that it may not be the reaction you have thought about in your head. I admit that I laughed the first time I saw my hubby in full dress. I just had that reaction, but we also laugh a lot in my house. He cracked up too and that put us both at ease. (:

Shelly Preston
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
How about you ask her if she wants to see a photograph of you

She may just decide to tell you to forget the pic and get dressed

MichelleMiles
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Every situation and every couple is different, but I think it all begins with communication. My wife and I talked about my dressing for quite awhile, and one night I just asked if she wanted to see a picture, which she did and it turned out ok. She said she didn't think I would look as good as I did. She hasn't asked to see me dressed so I'm out going to pop out one night and show her. I have tried a skirt on in-front of her, but not presenting myself fully dressed was kind of awkward for me, unless its lingerie, then I don't mind.

Talk, talk and talk. Don't jump into the deep end unless she's willing.

SandraInHose
01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Avoid wearing anything most would consider overtly sexy, provocative, sissy, costume-like or sexually objectifying of women. This does not mean boring or plain, but tasteful, classy and stylish in a feminine way. There is nothing wrong with most of the first forms of dressing mentioned, but it may not be the initial image and message you want to send to your girlfriend. Perhaps think of it as if you were an adult woman and meeting your boyfriends parents for the first time.

Great advice, Melissa.

And if I may add one thing...make sure you don't look BETTER than your girlfriend does! Seriously, when my wife saw me in hose and heels for the first time, her desire to wear them diminished rapidly. Now I practically have to beg her to wear them! Never saw THAT coming!

bobbimo
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I think it might be the most fun to invite her to help you dress.
If not physically, then ask her to help you pick out the special wardrobe you will make your debut in.
The more you involve her in your dressing the easier it will be for you to dress when she is in the room.
And its a great help when your trying to master the mysteries of makeup too.
Bobbi

Stephanie47
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree with Beverley. One thing that is sure to happen, whether it's a girlfriend or a wife, her image of you will be forever changed. Right now, she may be wondering what you look like en femme. No know may be too much for her. Wait for her to ask. Then she may be of a more receptive mindset. If she does not ask around Halloween, then, I venture a guess and say she really is not ready.

When YOU ARE ASKED!