PDA

View Full Version : CD is it sissy or not?

rah
01-28-2013, 10:44 AM
as a man being called sissy is something i don't like but when dressed as a girl recently on a webcam chat i really didn't mind it, is something wrong, bit confused.:straightface:

Kate Simmons
01-28-2013, 10:50 AM
I don't really know you Hon but thin skin doesn't go too well in this business. You have to expect criticism in any form from those who do not understand.:)

Karren H
01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Dressed enfemme or not I don't consider myself a sissy..... I don't consider women as sissies so when I femulate them why should I consider myself one?

Jenniferathome
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
I am never a sissy. Male mode or girl mode. When I am presenting as a woman, I am womanly. My underlying persona does not suddenly get "sissy."

NV Susan
01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Maybe you just liked being noticed while you were dressed.....

Maria S
01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I agree with Jennifer I have never been sissy whether in male or female mode. When in female mode I am as womanly as possible but when in male mode my female side gets it's pause button pressed.

Maria

LilSissyStevie
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Boys that dress and act like girls are sissies. Don't blame me, I don't make the rules. It's in the Bible (I think.) Go look it up.
:battingeyelashes:

celeste26
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
There is in fact a "sub-group"within the CD community that choose to call themselves sissies and they have a whole script they follow which offers them that type of experience. It is appropriate to call one of them sissy because for them it fulfills their goal. But the average CD it is not appropriate to use that term, unless you want to insult them.

April_Ligeia
01-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Web chatting when dressed en femme is a way of breaking out of the norm. So, if you don't mind being called a sissy in that context, what's the harm? Keep in mind that on some level the person saying it was voicing one of their own fetishes, so if you liked it too, it's a win-win. On the other hand if you decide you don't like it, remember that the person saying it was revealing something about themself, it shouldn't concern you because that person was just lookung to call someone, anyone, a sissy.

Beverley Sims
01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I know a lot of women built like brick battleships, they are not sissies.
I used to look trim taut and terrific and I didn't look like a sissy then, or now.

candicd
01-28-2013, 12:27 PM
There is in fact a "sub-group"within the CD community that choose to call themselves sissies and they have a whole script they follow which offers them that type of experience. It is appropriate to call one of them sissy because for them it fulfills their goal. But the average CD it is not appropriate to use that term, unless you want to insult them.

Dang...Celeste got to it first. Some CDs like the sissy term and others don't. I posted a picture on my blog of a "sissy" store I happened to see one day. Made me laugh.

-Candi

darla_g
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
I agree with celeste. i would also like to add there is a bit of a stigma among some at the sissy connotation. There is usually some type of frilly almost childlike clothing associated with it. I think there is a sexual element of subservience that exists too. Not my thing and not what i am going for. Too each their own

CassandraSmith
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm not into that term myself. I don't think it fits me either. I've discovered that I really like my male persona as much as my female one. I know I'm not TGed now for sure. When they use that term on Ebay, I always avoid that item also. I just don't identify with it.

Tracii G
01-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't fit that category and don't care for the term but I one likes it then its all good.

rachael.davis
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
I have a GG friend who has turned into my big sister on many levels. I sent her one WTF email when I was at my wits end trying to resolve my gender identity. She pointed out that she breaks horses, is a Navy veteran, is a pistol instructor, and is massively heterosexual.
She finished with "I'm not a prissy woman, neither are you. What's the question"

Erica Marie
01-28-2013, 01:45 PM
I think a cd sissy is what that person makes themself out to be. Frilly dress, alot of pink and almost a fantasy thing. More of a fetish than anything. I prefer to be as feminine as possible. To be able to be amongst the public and not be pointed out as if I was in a costume.

stephNE
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
When I was little (early 1960's) the worst word we knew to call another was "sissy". Now there is a whole culture of sissies, that I think use the term to mean weak or subordinant. So, no, I consider my self feminine, but not a sissy.

Tibby
01-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Boys that dress or act like girls are sissy's :heehee: Girl's who bleed for a whole week every month and don't die, girls who have an entire bone structure force apart in a short period of time by 10 centimeters, girls who repeatedly and by choice develop and grow something that needs to be forcibly expelled from the body by sheer muscle power (and yes it really does feel like pushing a bowling ball through something the size of a lemon).

Anyone who thinks that acting like or being like a girl is a sissy really wants to try the real deal and then see who's a sissy :D

Foxglove
01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Boys that dress and act like girls are sissies. Don't blame me, I don't make the rules. It's in the Bible (I think.) Go look it up.
:battingeyelashes:

I don't think I ever came across the word "sissy" in the Bible, though I did find "abomination in the eyes of the Lord". Maybe I should try another translation.

Boys that dress or act like girls are sissy's

The word "sissy" is entirely inappropriate to me, the reason being that I'm not a boy. I'm a transwoman. Now your typical trans-hater probably wouldn't understand the distinction, so he'd wouldn't understand why the word "sissy" wouldn't upset me. It's simply meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

Annabelle

anastasiafantasia
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
To be honest i can understand that some people can find that an insult or insulting and i am aware of the subculture of "sissies" who get a sexual thrill out of it.However, although if anyone called me a sissy, i hope i would just giggle and move on.Like it anyone calls me queer, a f%%%t or gay or anything (which i am btw) i don't even acknowledge them or their comment and choose to move on.No arguing with a bigot and just glad i'm not living their life.

Tibby
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Annabelle I think you need to read my enitre post and not just concentrate on the first 9 words, unless of course you came across the post while I was editing it to add the rest, as dizzy me hit the "post quick reply" button instead of the "go advanced" button when I went for the emoticon. If that is the case then of course it would be taken in a totally different context to the one it was intended :D

cathie pantyhose
01-28-2013, 03:26 PM
the "sissy" connotation is so derogatory. I don't think of myself as a "sissy" at all. I'm a cd. I don't act all "silly" and prance around the house. I wear woman's clothing and go about my day at home. I may walk a little different and not because of the 4" heels but the image of a sissy is very negative I believe.

Foxglove
01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Annabelle I think you need to read my enitre post and not just concentrate on the first 9 words

Hi, Tibby! I did in fact post while you were editing your post. But don't look at me. I never said women were sissies or softies or anything like that. I'm just saying the word "sissy" means nothing to me personally.

Annabelle

SandraV
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Why does it matter? I am a man who chooses to present entirely as a woman at times (for whatever odd reasons). Does that make me a sissy? If yes, so be it. Too many labels going around already. Why care about a childish label such as this?

Stephanie47
01-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Looking up various dictionary definitions of 'sissy' gives a wide range of choices of non traditional male behavior. Some of the behavior seems derogatory not only to men, but, also women. To tell a boy he throws like a sissy is derogatory, because he hasn't mastered the art of throwing a ball. To tell your daughter not to throw like a sissy appears to be derogatory also.

When I am en femme and trying to emulate a woman, look womanly I do not consider myself a sissy.

If I were into the BDSM scene, wearing a young girls attire of frilly dress, petticoats, etc, and be humiliated by a dominating woman with a whip, then I'd say I was probably a sissy. Then, under the same illustration, if I were a GG attired in the same manner, then I'd say I was a sissy too.

Either way I'd say the term is meant to be derogatory.

In one of the definitions it stated the female equivalent of sissy is 'tomboy.' That may be! However, society seemed in the past to accept a girl playing sports usually associated with the male domain more readily than a boy playing games associated with young girls.

Now, things are different. Girls/women are playing all the sports associated with males and doing quite well. And, they are in the work place competing with men. The other day I saw a dynamite looking young woman getting out of the cab of a dump truck with a trailer in overalls, flannel shirt, steel toed boots and hardhat. Was she a FTM cross dresser? If I saw a guy in a nurse's white dress, white hosiery and white shoes is he a MTF cross dresser? Is she a tomboy? Is he a sissy?

Foxglove
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, one of my favorite actresses is Sissy Spacek. That may not be relevant to this discussion, however.

drushin703
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I cringe at the sound of the word sissy but she-male kinda gets under my skin also. Sadly, there is no political correctness here just situational liberties.
T-girl is far more gender specific, and as a rule, seems to work out better in public discourse and in communicating thoughts. Sissy just sounds so wrong..

but I do love wearing and collecting pettycoats...go figure, dana

Tibby
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi, Tibby! I did in fact post while you were editing your post. But don't look at me. I never said women were sissies or softies or anything like that. I'm just saying the word "sissy" means nothing to me personally.

Annabelle

Oh I know you didn't honey, what I'm saying though is that those who call guys that show feminine ways, dress like or act like girls a sissy, then the one doing the calling should look real hard at what actually being a girl is, we'd roundhouse Chuck Norris when it comes to pain threshold. So in my book if someone calls a guy a sissy for acting feminine, say thank you with a smile.

I guess it also has different meanings depending on where you live, one of the ways it's used here is to say "hey this is my sissy" in reference to a female sibling. It tends to be children who use it in a derogatory way to peers and childish insults are just that, childish. It takes a great deal of courage to stand out from the crowd and be the person who you really are, and that's in any walk of life.