PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Sandra-Leigh!

Persephone
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM
... However, the main place "in real life" that I need to use a last name is for my trans-related medical appointments, at places that need legal names for legal purposes; those places can generally look me up by legal last name and read the preferred first name off of what comes up, but they do not have the capacity to look me up using a different last name.

Thank you so much for that post, Sandra! I'd never thought about the possibility that my medical providers had a place in their system for a "preferred name."

This morning I had to go to the lab and while waiting I asked if they had such a thing. The receptionist said, "Yes."

I filled in the "AKA" (Also Known As) box on the form, she keyed it in, and a few moments later thel lab tech came out and called, "Barbara."

Now I'm wondering how many other places I deal with have a space for a "preferred" or "AKA" name.

Thanks Sandra!

Hugs,
Persephone. (My name on here because Barbara was already taken).

Foxglove
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
I recently informed my doctors by letter that I'm trans and am going by "Annabelle" these days. I don't know if they'll respect that. I haven't seen them lately.

Annabelle

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I have no need to use it yet!
Times do change.