PDA

View Full Version : Nearly rumbled!

Gemma Rhodes
12-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Almost got rumbled at work earlier today. I have been growing my nails just recently as I went to TX on Saturday and Im out again on Friday and I noticed a lad I work with staring at my hands. When I looked at him he said "whats that on your nails". To my horror some purple nailpolish I had been wearing at the weekend had bled into the bottom of my nail and had started to show. I quickly scratched it off and passed it off as "some painting I had been doing at the weekend" which in a way was true. He then asked about my long nails and I just said I couldn't be bothered to cut them.

Sure he suspected something but we shall wait and see if anything else is said. Good job he couldn't see my feet with my bright purple toenails still. :)

Julia Cross
12-06-2005, 10:42 AM
...and so what if he does suspect anything? It's none of his business. I suggest to brush it off and not even worry. he won't sense any uncertainty from you and probably forget it as well.

Julia

CaptLex
12-06-2005, 10:47 AM
. . . but if he really wants to rumble, those long nails should come in handy.

I'm sure it will come to nothing though. People take their cues from our own reactions (or over-reactions). ;)

Nikki Dee
12-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi. Hun...had similiar near misses...but these days I just don't care...I grow my nails long now and have totally smooth arms..(in fact I'm totally smooth all over!).and very few people comment at all..!
Love Nikki. x

beckydee
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi hun,

Don't sweat it, I grow my nails long (although I keep breaking them, damn that boy stuff "He" insists on doing!)

Any time I have comments (Rare) I just say I do it because it weirds people out, which is partly true...

andreaboots
12-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Now isn't it curious that he is scoping out your nails and hands??? Maybe he's taking notes??? Tee-hee:D

I've recently let my nails grow out too and I've shaped them as well. Lot's of work but they really look cool. As a guy, I do a lot of Guy things, (Naaaw), and am constantly chipping and breaking them. On top of that my nails are thin and easily damaged. I know there are nail hardening products but which one is a good one and can I wear it inconspicuously???:confused:

Anyways, shrug that guy off but at the same time watch his habits closely, ya never know!!! Love ya! XXX;)

Christina Nicole
12-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Fast thinking, Gemma. Next time he asks, tell him that the long nails are better for scratching yourself. Comment on how well the longer nails penetrate the cloth. Demonstrate for effect. :eek:

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Emma Chase
12-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I know there are nail hardening products but which one is a good one and can I wear it inconspicuously???:confused:

There is a product called nail envy by OPI in a matte finish. Wears it all the time, nobody has noticed. If fact the products says it's for men too!

Sorry for coming off topic a bit

Emma :)

JoAnnDallas
12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I have had hardly anyone comment on my long nails. My grand-neice made a comment once but shut up after even her mother did not make a fuss over them. Only had one other person make a negitive comment and I told HIM "Hey, I like to take care of my nails" and he blinked and went away.

Did have some ladies in my nail salon make very nice comments about my nails and even suggested a Light Pink Polish for them.

So as others have said. Don't Worry about it.

paulaN
12-06-2005, 01:48 PM
no worries about his comment. like someone said he seemed very intrested hmmmm. why is that I wonder. wish I could grow mine long but that guy stuff bust them up. work is a real killer on them too.

Tiffy
12-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I would not worry about it Gemma. I have thoes all the time because I love painted nails. But mine are short. They have to be or I break them in my daily routine. Long nails for me do not work to well on a small farm. I wish they did though. But, if he does want to rumble, make sure you paint them nice and bright before you bitch slap the heck out of him.

Kisses, April

LindaTS
12-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi Gemma,
I've worn my nails long, about an inch or so, for a long time. I also keep them nice and shaped just like any other woman would. Ocassionally someone will say something but that doesn't happen very often. Whenever that happens I just say that I like them that way and that's the end of it. I say go for it.

jo_ann
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
he's probably on this site right now going "aha! i knew it!"

not!

Holly
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Gemma, don't worry about it. (BTW, did he like the color? :D )

MsJanessa
12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Actually hon he probably is intrigued ---is he cute?---if so then My advice is to dress in your sexiest outfit---black leather, stilletto heeled thigh hi boots, go into work and then enjoy yourself as he melts all over you. Even if he isn't cute, get all dressed up then sit there in front of him, frustrating him with a sexy but aloof attitude---when he hits on you, just laugh and say no then enjoy his frustration. Janessa