PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your "things"

cathie pantyhose
01-29-2013, 01:04 PM
I was curious where many of us keep our "things" when we are not dressed. I know a lucky few can actually keep them in their dressers or closet hung properly but I'm sure for many it's not that easy. Even though my wife knows I dress, she doesn't want to see my "things". Although I do keep a few pair of panties with my men's underwear and several tights have a drawer to their own.

My dresses are kept in one duffle bag while my skirts, bras and tops are in another duffle bag. All of my heels are in the bottom of a steamer chest that the duffle bags lay inside of on top of all my heels and boots. The steamer chest is in my office in the man cave.

I keep my opened pantyhose/thigh highs and most of my panties in a back pack in the closet where my cycling clothes hang all of which are also in my office in the man cave. The unopened pantyhose and there are very many (and rapidly increasing thigh high collection), are kept in a large box organized by color in a designated storage area in the man cave.

Most of my "things" are within 15 yards of each other and pretty organized. I've heard of some who have to keep their "things" in the attic space or the trunk of their car.

Julie Denier
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
It's duffle bags for me, too. Gotta stay one step ahead of the law ;)

~Joanne~
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
I am one of the lucky few I guess, but it wasn't always this way. I use to keep all of mine in boxes and such but since coming out to my SO, all of my dresses, tops, skirts, and pants are all hung in the closet right next to my drab wear. My heels are in a storage chest but a few pairs (3) are in the bottom of the closet. Unopened pantyhose, Jewelry (on a hanging stand she bought me), make up kit and brush bag are on the shelf. Panties and bras are in the dresser.

Just the other day I mentioned how my femme side is really expanding across the closet and that I needed to reorganize it. Move some boxes to the basement and get things more "together". My So suggested that I moved my femme things next to hers in the spare room but I declined. Though if someone came over and happen to see my femme things in the closet ( I seldom close the door since coming out it lol) it might be a tad hard to explain but not much unless the wigs were seen. Then all bets are off lol

Teri Ray
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
I keep my things in duffle bags in the barn

Fuchsia
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
I keep all my Fem things in the dresser next to the bed, one drawer for tights and knickers, one for thin tops and one for blouses. I have 1 nice dress hanging in the wardrobe. The wife may find them soon and I'll deal with it then. My reply question is how do you all wash your things if you're keeping them hidden. Had to hand wash some girly knickers the other day and I've no idea where to hang them to dry LOL.

franlee
01-29-2013, 01:25 PM
In the closet with hers and in the dresser with hers, I always have since I first started with my first wife back in the very early 70's. Shoes too.

CassandraSmith
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
My stuff has taken over my dresser and half my closet! OMG, if anyone goes in my bedroom and snoops, they're going to get an eyeful!!!

Cassy

cathie pantyhose
01-29-2013, 01:29 PM
well I'm lucky to be a stay at home dad so I wash mine as needed. When I was working, I could only wash things either if I took a day off, worked from home or tossed a couple of items in the laundry when my wife did our clothes on the weekend but I made sure I'd grab the clothes out before she did. Now that she knows I dress, she doesn't mind washing my tights and pantyhose or panties. She does not like to see my dresses, bras or skirts though in the laundry

BillieJoEllen
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I have a lot of stuff. My wife has no clue (I think) that my stuff is spread all over the house and garage. I have an attic crawl space that I keep older stuff in. I have a lot of stuff in our basement (actually all over the basement), I have a closet that my wife thinks I only have male clothes in but in reality my femme garb is buried beneath the male stuff and I have a lot of stuff in my garage that I keep hidden.

Persephone
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
My stuff is everywhere, mostly I've taken over a 10' x 12' bedroom and turned it into a closet. Unfortunately, it is now getting too crowded with clothes, so there is some spillover. My dresser in our bedroom is almost entirely slips, hose, and the like; bras and panties are in drawers in my guy closet, jewelry is in an armoire in my bathroom, makeup on my bathroom counter.

But it wasn't always that way. When I was about 8 years old I found a bra in the street! My size! I always wondered about the backstory to that but, heck, I had a bra of my own! I didn't think I could successfully hide it anywhere in the house so finally I figured out I could hide it up in the tree I used to climb (remember, I was about 8 years old). That worked really well . . . in the summer. But when the leaves fell my bra was quite visable. Aaaargh! I told my folks it was a rag I'd used to mark how far I'd climbed. Never knew if they believed me.

Then I got a few other things over the years. One was a women's team swimsuit from my high school swim team in my size! Yes, I found it too in the street! No, I don't know the backstory on that one either! I was beginning to figure that God loved me and was sending me stuff! And by then I had a skirt I'd stumbled and stuttered my way through buying, and a few other items. We'd moved before then and the only trees were mostly palm trees -- no seasonal issues, but no branches and leaves either. So I started keeping my stuff inside my stereo speakers. Chances to dress would begin with a crosspoint screwdriver.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Stephanie47
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
I keep everything neatly folded in sixteen Zerox boxes stacked up in plain sight in the rec room (now storage) and my original stash box in my nightstand. There is another Zerox box in storage above the hot water heater, but, it is there because those clothes do not fit anymore or are totally out of style.

Lynn Marie
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Long ago and far away, I kept my pathetic little stash of lingerie, heels, skirts and tops in a carry-on bag behind the seat in my work truck. Then later in a locking foot locker in my closet, and now in 1/2 of my hobby room closet. I'm pretty much at maximum capacity and may have to move my tool chest out and start using the rest of the closet. I'm resisting further expansion, so far sucessfully.

Jenni Yumiko
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Underthings in my drawer, the few clothes and 2 pairs of shoes I own in a bag in the attic. Forms in a ziplock in the attic.

reb.femme
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I have a single wardrobe and the bottom drawer of a dresser in our bedroom. These hold variously, a couple of dresses and several tops/cardis and my knickers and night wear. Then there is a double wardrobe in our third bedroom that has more of my things it, skirts, various floaty tops and jeans. Shoes are in main bedroom too.

My wife isn't over keen on contact when I'm dressed though. I just thought I would offer that as a real life counter-balance to my 'on paper' Nirvana. That said, she shops for clothing with me so I have no complaints, just wanted to give a true view, without seeming to boast. (Classic Rebecca extra waffle there). :battingeyelashes:

Rebecca

Beverley Sims
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
At one stage it was the boot of the car for me.
I was pulled over by the police once and they asked me if I was traveling.
I said no and they asked what was in the case, clothes I said, whose dresses are these, my ex girlfriend's I said, did you have an argument, yes, I would throw them in the river, Yeah that's a good idea. No I left them where they were and drove on my way.

celeste26
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
I have no men's clothes so all of my "stuff" is my regular clothes put away just like any ordinary clothes and my wife knows all about it.

Shelly117
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
I have a drawer with one pair of stilettos and a shoe box full panties and bras and 2 garter belts attached with stockings and I have one dress hung up in the back of my closet. Looking to expand a lol more. Going to do some shopping.

sonna
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
seeing its my house now all my stuff gos in the closet were it belongs.

before that i used to rent a storage unit.

darla_g
01-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Space in general is in short supply

Meg East
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
My stuff is all over the bedroom. Panties are with my shorts, the bras have their own drawer and the skirts, nightgowns and tops and shoes are on my side of our walkin closet.

I haven't had to hide or stash stuff since I was a kid.

Ann-Marie
01-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Tops, dresses bra's are in a platc crate on top shelf of wardrobe, wigs and accessories in bedside draws, jeans hanging. shoes stacked in wardrobe, have had a purge recently as was running out of space.

Michelle (Oz)
01-29-2013, 04:41 PM
With a non accepting wife, I use my storage shed to store clothes and to transform. Clothes are sorted into several suitcases. I wash clothes when my wife is out or later at night.

My plan is to clear out the storage shed and rent a smaller shed which I'll fit out better as specific purpose. Already have a dressing table but I'll add wardrobes to avoid having crushed clothes and to make it easier to find what I want.

There are downsides - dust, flies, heat/cold, lack of good general lighting, privacy, etc. There are many upsides though too - staying in a relationship without the pressure and an emotional roller coaster ride form an unaccepting wife, greater freedom to dress, make up sorted and out to make dressing quicker.

It works but I'm so envious of those who have accepting wives and don't need to hide.

StaceyJane
01-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Well, I have a closet but a lot of stuff ends up draped over a chair. I really should clean up. :)

stephNE
01-29-2013, 04:50 PM
After reading this I feel very lucky. My wife knows but our three chindren do not. In my bedroom we have three closets. The biggest is for the wife and all her things. The middle closet is for the man clothes. For the smallest we put on a front door type lock and built in shelves with little pull out boxes for lingerie, and other personal items and shoes in the floor. The kids think this closet is locked for house papers, check books, etc.
I do keep a couple dresses, skirts and blouses hanging at one end in the wifes closet.

AngoraGirl
01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
I keep my small amount of stuff in a backpack hanging behind my regular clothes in the back corner of my closet. I told my non-accepting wife that I ordered some of my own things and now she refuses to even step foot in my closet. After doing the laundry she will just stack my clean clothes outside the door for me to put away. Pretty sad state of affairs. But beats the alternative (her leaving me/kicking me out)

Luna Nyx
01-29-2013, 05:00 PM
The nicer stuff in the closet. The rest is in the bottom drawer of the dresser.

punkypunk
01-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm a single guy living with a male housemate, I've wondered if he questions the female clothes on the line ever, he's never said anything and I do have girls over fairly regularly so maybe he thinks they're theirs? But otherwise I just leave it laying all over my room. Once had a really straight girl visit after a night out and had to run around hiding makeup n skirts lol, got away with it though :-)

Michelle M
01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm divorced with (mostly) grown kids. I've been keeping everything in a large hardshell rolling suitcase with a lock. I'm working in the field now, but when I go back home in February it's not all going to fit. Broke my own rule to never outshop the suitcase. I guess a lot will be hanging in my closet. I may have some 'splainin to do.

Stevie
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Hid my stuff in closet and draws wife found and made me get rid of them. Hid the new stuff in basement wife found again and made me get rid of it again. Hid the next batch of things in my military duffle bag and my SO told me that she found my stash again I just confessed and told her that if she had me get rid of it that I was just going to replace it. That was how I came out. What she did find though was my favorite pair of thigh high boots that were tucked away for over ten years. I temporary have some of my clothes in the bedroom, but some is in the basement and the rest is at a storage bin in Janet's Closet.

Abbygirl
01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow. I feel very fortunate after reading this thread. (Girls, don't hate me!)

About a year ago I converted a spare bedroom to be my "girl room". It was so much fun organizing, categorizing and folding everything! This girl is organized now. Everything has its place. I don't want to sound catty but after 25 years of buying girl things, I have acquired a LOT of girl things- they used to be mixed in with my guy stuff and I could never find ANYTHING for my guy persona OR my girl persona. Plus there was incriminating CD evidence EVERYWHERE. I wanted to put all the girl stuff in one place.

It's a small bedroom but I managed to cram in an armoire, an antique lingerie chest, a chest-of-drawers, and a desk I turned into a vanity- my perfume bottles and jewelry look really cute displayed on it. Plus I have the bedroom closet. I added a large pink shag rug, some pink polka dot curtains, a couple of big mirrors, and of course a big Marilyn Monroe poster. Some flowers and little stuffed animals and the girl room was complete!

xcdmargo
01-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Although my wife is OK with Margo our kids do not know so I keep very little at home. As some of the other girls have done I have a storage unit which I kind of turned into a walk in closet with racks and a dresser. It's also carpeted. It really works out great

margo

Tracii G
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM
2 of my closets have girl clothes 1 has guy clothes(suits, slacks,jeans) I never wear.Other stuff like panties and hose have one drawer and socks have their own.
Out of six drawers one small one has guys undies and socks.
The other two bedrooms have guitars and music gear in them.
The drawers under my bed have sweaters/tops in two,shoes in the other two.

Erica Marie
01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I envy the lucky girls here who have free reign of the closet. As a single father I can be relaxed because I dont have a wife or gf to hide from, but I still must be cautious because the kids dont know. So I have the more worn things in my dresser tucked under my guy cloths, but the bulk of my stuff gets packed away in rubbermaid bins and tucked away in our crawl space where no one goes. ;(

Andrea Renea
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Keep my fem stuff in clear view with my male stuff. Wife knows and is OK with my dressing. She sometimes wears my stuff when they also fit her. She says I have good taste in fashion.

Washes and puts them back where she got them, most of the time anyway.

Just doesn't want me getting caught by someone we know in public.

Jessica86
01-29-2013, 09:16 PM
I keep them in my dresser drawers. I also split my closet. My side is half mine, half Jessica's.

lingerieLiz
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Have lingerie in dresser which my wife has the other drawer. Closet is intermixed. My dresses hang with hers which neither of us usually wear. Do have seperate shelves for sweaters and tops. Our closets are full. For the most part we are not the same size, but don't worry about it. I do have a bunch of clothes in boxes which next spring I need to thin out and hang up.

Ariamythe
01-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm just building my collection, and it resides in two sturdy boxes in my hobby room in the basement (also the furnace room). I've already outgrown the clothes box after a trip to the jC Penney clearance sale this weekend, though, and will probably pilfer a small suitcase from the hall closet before long. The other box is makeup and toiletries and such; that's barely occupied.

melissakozak
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
i have a separate apartment for my alternative life....it is a relief and safe haven...and a great springboard to go out from....

AmyGaleRT
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Before the Big Reveal, my femme items were all out in a storage facility...at first in cardboard boxes, later in four big plastic tubs. I did keep some things in various duffel bags and shopping bags in the closet in my "home office" bedroom, though.

Now, my dresses hang alongside my male clothes in the bedroom closet. (I have so many, though, that a bunch of them have to hang in that home-office closet!) Other clothes are stacked on the shelf above, along with my jewelry box and the boxes for my forms. One of the drawers on my side of the bed is now my lingerie drawer. Hosiery occupies part of another drawer, and a storage cabinet on that side of the bed holds my nightgowns. My shoes are mostly in a box in the nightstand, but some of them have spilled over (like my boots). I keep my purse and my plastic box full of hair accessories in the home-office closet, and my makeup in the bathroom. (I was using a spare handbag to keep my makeup in, but I just brought back my actual makeup case from storage, after cleaning it out of old junk, and moved everything into it. I even put a label on top of the case with my femme name!)

- Amy

GroovyChristy
01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
I keep my stuff in my dresser. I live alone, so no worries.

Vanessa5
01-30-2013, 12:46 AM
I am now thinking that I have waaaayyyyy too much. I have about 3 suitcases, an armoir, and all the storage space under the steps in the house. I also have a stash in the garage consisting of four 18gallon totes. Most of my lingirie fit in my armoir drawer and I have a toolbox with some corsettes and such. Another toolbox with hoisery. And just thinking I have encompassed 2 file cabinets.

Angela Dressing
01-30-2013, 12:56 AM
well I'm lucky to be a stay at home dad so I wash mine as needed. When I was working, I could only wash things either if I took a day off, worked from home or tossed a couple of items in the laundry when my wife did our clothes on the weekend but I made sure I'd grab the clothes out before she did. Now that she knows I dress, she doesn't mind washing my tights and pantyhose or panties. She does not like to see my dresses, bras or skirts though in the laundry

dont quite get that she will wash tights panties and hosiery but doesnt want to see dress's bra's or skirts. whats the difference? just curious.

Lacey New
01-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Reveal my secret hiding place! Never! But don't go up into my attic and don't look at that loose piece of plywood flooring in the unfinished part and don't look in those plastic bags underneath the plywood between the joists.

Maria S
01-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Tights, knickers, jewelry in drawers in the dressing table everything else in the wardrobe with my boy clothes.

Maria

BLUE ORCHID
01-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Cathie, Although it's a DADT my things are hanging in three closets and five out of six of my dresser drawers.

PretzelGirl
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
When I started, it all fit in a file cabinet drawer. Later it grew enough that I put it in a footlocker. Now it is all in an upstairs closet with off-season items stored downstairs plus half of my dresser space. The one I actually keep waiting for the first comment on is that I converted a second computer desk into a vanity with the make-up on top in plastic storage drawers. My wife doesn't wear make-up.

Amberhea
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
I keep all my panties, bra's, lingerie, pantyhose in my dresser, wife knows about it. I haven't worked up to dresses, skirts or blouses yet but keep hinting to her. I think she is getting the idea but i'm not pushing it to hard, just suggesting.

Maria in heels
01-31-2013, 06:19 AM
I too am one of the lucky ones...

Dresses, tops, skirts are all hanging in the closet on the left side ... there is a rack on the wall next to the dresses for some of my favorite shoes, and the rest of my shoes are on the racks downstairs in the basement, along with a closet full of more clothes. In the dresser are my undergarments, in the middle drawer....

Kathy4ever
01-31-2013, 07:14 AM
Well I have had them all over the place. in trash bags, totes, hidden indrawers, but not anymore. Now I have a closet and a dresser bainet with 5 drawers filled. I orgnanize them yesterday as the wife said I could. She is such a sweatheart.

Ceri Anne
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
My things, like me are in the closet at home.........which means I have a carryon suitcase in my trunk along with a garmet bag that holds everything, tucked in behind my tool bag and parts boxes. I dress only when alone or when I travel. Working up to that come out the the SO thing.

savannaxdrsser
01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
I have a duffle bag also, but it is getting very full. I do need to find a safe spot so I can stop hiding it and spend time digging it our when i want to dress!

PertyX
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
A secret compartment in my camper van!

A couple of items my wife knows about; a couple of them (heels, lipstick) she definitely does not know about!

outhiking
01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
A travel bag under the bed with a small padlock. Someone could easily cut into it, but I figure the lock is enough to keep things from being accidently discovered.

Veronnie2
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
I guess I am sort of a lucky one here, being that since my wife has passed on, I have full use of the bedroom closet and the dresser that used to be my wifes. My dresses, blouses, skirts are all hung in the closet, my shoes and heels are also there in shoe racks, my wigs are on head manequins and lined up on the top shelf. My undies and nighties are all sorted in different drawers in the dresser. My make up items are on top the dresser. Yes, I still have kids that visit, and grand kids. My bedroom is always locked wether I am home or not. I have yet to have to do any explaining except for the time I left my purse and make up bag out on the counter. I am not out to my children. (As a request from my departed wife, no CD'ing around the kids). I do carry a small duffle bag in my vehicle in case I have any clothing snafu's. Minor items, spare panties, stockings, garter belt, bra. If I am going out I may add a skirt, top, and shoes to the bag...just in case. Laundry is not a problem since I can do that any night of the week, but some clothes has to go to the cleaners for dry cleaning. Veronnie2

il.dso
02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I have a large 5 drawer, locked file cabinet which is organized as follows:

Top drawer: Black half slips, pink half slips, new pantyhose
Second drawer: Dresses and blouses
Third drawer: White half slips, Olga French cut nylon panties (my all time favorite panty, I have MANY pairs!)
Fourth drawer: High heels, other non-Olga panties
Bottom drawer: Business skirt suits, dirty clothes, torn pantyhose

That's my system for now, although hoping to see all of my dresses hanging in a closet and a bureau full of my panties, slips, and pantyhose someday...

PertyX
02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
A secret compartment in my camper van!

A couple of items my wife knows about; a couple of them (heels, lipstick) she definitely does not know about!

Actually, the way things are going, I might have to extend that compartment soon!

Paula DAngelo
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my things share space in the dresser and closet in the bedroom along with my drab wear, and my girl friends clothes. Only problem is sometimes we can't remember what clothes are for who since we are both about the same size.

Laura28
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I am a lucky one my SO knows and supports. All of mine are in my closet along with my drab stuff. Shoes on the racks next to my man shoes wigs on my shelf and panties bras and none in my drawers. Make up is in my drawer in our vanity or my travel bag. We share make up sometimes. If the kids ask it because mom has so much stuff she uses dads closet l.

Allison Chaynes
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
I have about half of our walk in closet, two dressers, two under the bed totes, and a couple rubbermaid containers in the closet of my "man cave."