PDA

View Full Version : Fml

Jenni Yumiko
01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Saw a FML post today where a guy discovered he likes LBD's. there were only a few negative comments and most of them were supporting or GGs who thought it was hot.

There's hope for the single ladies here!

Tracii G
01-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Whats FML ?
Never heard of it

sandra-leigh
01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
FML is a site on which people post about bad things that have happened to them, and other people vote with "Your life sucks" or "You totally deserved it".

The ML stands for My Life. You can speculate about the F.

Julogden
01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
I did a search and found it. A lot of support indeed, but I suspect that while many (most?) women might be supportive of someone they don't know, in a setting like an on-line forum, if it was their boyfriend or husband in the LBD, their support might fade at least a bit.

Carol

Jenniferathome
01-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I did a search and found it. A lot of support indeed, but I suspect that while many (most?) women might be supportive of someone they don't know, in a setting like an on-line forum, if it was their boyfriend or husband in the LBD, their support might fade at least a bit.Carol

I totally agree. There is a huge difference when you have something vested in someone vs some stranger whose life does not intersect yours in any way. Your objectivity goes out the window

Jenni Yumiko
01-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Don't be a negative nancy or Debbi downer! Have faith that times are changing!

I still <3 u :-)

Tibby
01-29-2013, 06:33 PM
I did a search and found it. A lot of support indeed, but I suspect that while many (most?) women might be supportive of someone they don't know, in a setting like an on-line forum, if it was their boyfriend or husband in the LBD, their support might fade at least a bit.

Carol

At the same time though the experience and learning gained from people can also help to provide a deeper understanding and supportive nature when you then find yourself in that exact same situation.

Personally I had contact with several crossdressers and one going through a full transition, some through my work and some as personal friends. I was able to learn a great deal from them and many leanred a great deal from me, to the point where, while working in a supermarket for a short while, I would have a specific customer base only shop when they knew I was on shift. It started with one CDer shopping there and we started chatting, I gave some honest hints and tips about make up, dressing and acting as a woman, she passed this information on to friends and then they started shopping there and having a little consultation time as well :)

When I met my husband and realised he enjoyed wearing feminie clothes I didn't bat an eyelid. I simply told him that it was about time he had his own clothes, bought to fit him and the styles which suit him and we have lots of fun doing just that. My support has continued and now that I have joined this forum that support also extends to all members here too.

Beverley Sims
01-30-2013, 12:42 PM
As people advance and understand X Dressing so acceptance will increase, but for now do not expect every girl you meet to embrace it.

Julogden
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, things are improving regarding acceptance by females, but I'd bet good money (if I had good money) that the majority still don't want a CD as a boyfriend or husband. From personal experience of meeting CD's with wives/girlfriends who were accepting or at least trying to be accepting and also from what is posted in these forums, I feel very strongly that most wives/girlfriends are still in the relationship in spite of their SO being trans rather than because they are trans, meaning that they view their SO's dressing/gender issues as a negative thing that they're trying to deal with rather than a positive thing that attracts them.

There are a few that love having a trans boyfriend/husband, but they're rare.

Tibby, your attitude is wonderful, but not a common one, unfortunately.

Carol :)

sometimes_miss
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Don't be a negative nancy or Debbi downer! Have faith that times are changing! I still <3 u :-)
I'm game. Prove it. Show me the multitudes of straight girl/crossdresser clubs, dating sites, personal ads. Show me the thousands of women joining this forum to date us. I only need one, and I'll treat her like a princess.

Oh, right. There are none.

KatieGG
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Honestly I think for most women the fact that a guy is a crossdresser never crossed their mind. I know that is the case for me. I was pretty ignorant to the whole thing until I met my husband and if I had found out after we were married I don't know how I would have reacted. It seems like it would be a lot to take in.

Jenniferathome
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm game. Prove it. Show me the multitudes of straight girl/crossdresser clubs, dating sites, personal ads. Show me the thousands of women joining this forum to date us. I only need one, and I'll treat her like a princess.

Not "none" and not "multitudes." Maybe an "enlightened sorority" is where we are. But as KatieGG stated, "I think for most women the fact that a guy is a crossdresser never crossed their mind." I agree. If a concept is not in your head, it's kind of mind blowing when it does get in there.

sandra-leigh
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Show me the thousands of women joining this forum to date us. I only need one, and I'll treat her like a princess.

There was one, about a year-ish ago. And there have been a few GG who were not looking for a relationship but who joined the site to offer support and advice to crossdressers.

Tibby
01-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Show me the thousands of women joining this forum to date us. I only need one, and I'll treat her like a princess.

The clue might be in the title of the site, "crossdressers.com the #1 community for crossdressers, their family and friends", it doesn't say anywhere it's a pick up site for CDer's. If someone is only interested in you for that one aspect of your character that dresses in women's clothes then it's not the basis for a loving or lasting relationship. It's the same thing as uniform hunters, they only want the uniform not the person who wears it, and it doesn't take long for them to get bored or to want to change the person to fit in further with the fantasy.

Cassandra Lynn
01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
I totally agree. There is a huge difference when you have something vested in someone vs some stranger whose life does not intersect yours in any way. Your objectivity goes out the window

Yep yep.

Reminds me of another thread i saw somewhere on one of the forums i frequent. It dealt with guys wearing lot's of make-up (think Johnny Dep or the guy who tended bar in the movie/musical Burlesque).

GGs flipped over it, saying how hot it was and blah blah.
My GF thinks the eye make-up i wear in my everyday (fiddy/fiddy drabbish), looks nice on me, but i digress.

The point is those same women going all gaga over it would prolly freak if their normal-joe tried it.

But i don't mean to rain on the possibility of a parade, just sayin is all.

jenni_xx
01-31-2013, 10:03 AM

There is a difference between women actively seeking out a cross-dressing partner and women who would be accepting of it should it transpire that their partner is cd.

KatieGG has, in my opinion, hit the nail right on the head.

Karren H
01-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Positive comments on a web site named F#!$ My Life sure make me forecast a brighter future lol

Cassandra Lynn
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Positive comments on a web site named F#!$ My Life sure make me forecast a brighter future lol

Zactly!
But then again maybe the women are saying F#!$ My Life too and want to try something new?........ Nah