PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things

Maria S
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm sure we all agree it's the little things that make the difference.

I went into Sheerness this afternoon and went to the car park pre-pay ticket machine and found it was not working. I then went across the road and found the other machine was also not working. I telephoned the number on the board and someone said "Don't worry someone will be there soon". A little while later an attendant came over and said "No charge for parking Madam".

To be called Madam felt good. Also whilst waiting I was telling others that the machines were not working. Not bothering to "put on a feminine voice" but nobody noticed.

It just felt good that I was out there fitting into the community as a woman.

Maria

Beverley Sims
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I am surprised at times at the lack of notice people pay to a deeper voice from my female persona.
As long as I am dressed sensibly I am a woman to everyone around.

Sarah Doepner
01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Being called Madam and getting free parking in the same day? I don't know if it gets any better than that. I guess it could, but only if you scored a great barganza during your shopping.

Tracii G
01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a win win situation.

Jilmac
01-30-2013, 10:17 PM
When I'm out and about I usually speak in my natural voice which is baritone, and I've been called ma'am and refered to as "she" or "her" on numerous occasions. It gives me a feeling of acceptance every time it happens.

sandra-leigh
01-30-2013, 10:25 PM
As long as I am dressed sensibly I am a woman to everyone around.

:sigh: For me, no matter how well I dress, I am "sir" except to people who only see me out of the corner of their eye.

Diversity
01-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Nice to hear this. I still have not reached the stage of going out fully dressed, but the time will come. I am in the information gathering stage and to hear of comments like yours only serves to strengthen my resolve to take this step. Thank you for sharing. All the best to you!
Di