PDA

View Full Version : First Experience at Wig Shop

Lisa Marie
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Ive have had a pretty good day today cant wait to tell everyone about my experience at the Wig Shop. I went to a local wig shop this morning not sure how they would take me telling them Im a crossdresser the lady was very nice and I picked out a Strawberry Blonde wig with highlights. I must have tried at least 5 of them on. They were a bit pricey mine costs about $230 bucks. But it was well worth it. The lady talked to me for awhile gave me tips on makeup and the wig. She even trimmed the wig for me. Then it finally got to the time when I was finished. It was so much fun. She welcomed me with open arms. She took me to a private fitting room and their was no need for me to be nervous or scared. So so long to internet wig ordering. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone. Angie:) :thumbsup: :D

GypsyKaren
12-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi Angie

I'm so glad things went well for you. The only way to see what look works for you is to go try them on. I went last week to a local shop for a new look and was treated fine, even though I was dressed. They didn't have quite what I was looking for, though I did find a color I liked. Anyway, I ended up finding something on line, which will save me quite a few bucks. I really hope you enjoy your new look.

GypsyKaren

uknowhoo
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I agree, there's nothing like trying on wigs in person. I bought my wig about 8 months ago, at a shop referred by a local girl here on the forum. The shop owner was very kind and accepting... hey, money's money, right. I hope to buy another, shorter wig sometime soon. Glad to hear of your good luck, Angie. Caio. Tammi

Lisa Marie
12-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes I sure did have a good time at the wig shop! I hope to go back again soon when I get more $$$ saved. Angie

Jesse69
12-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I got 2 wigs for $54 and they're my best wigs! Tried them on in a store just before Halloween (my excuse). I think you paid too much for your wig unless it was a very top / high quality wig. Try shopping at some other stores - they might be cheaper.

farawaysarah
12-07-2005, 12:19 AM
I agree, there's nothing like trying on wigs in person. I bought my wig about 8 months ago, at a shop referred by a local girl here on the forum. The shop owner was very kind and accepting... hey, money's money, right. I hope to buy another, shorter wig sometime soon. Glad to hear of your good luck, Angie. Caio. Tammi

Tammi- I saw you are in northern Virginia. Where did you go to get your wig? Im going to be in the DC area for awhile I was thinking I needed to treat myself to something new... let me know-

Shannon
12-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Congratulations Angie - I'm glad that things went so well for you.