PDA

View Full Version : What would you say is the most unusual female attire you have ever worn?

franlee
01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
I have worn dresses and uniforms and special occassion attire but I am wondering if any of you have worn something out of the norm for your everyday use. I have to say that one of the real lunchroom ladies uniforms complete, white blouse and black skirt with red smock and white shoes, apron, hair-net and gloves from a local high school would qualify for mine. I don't know why I had to get into that outfit but it was different!

Lorileah
01-31-2013, 12:51 AM
I have a white nurse dress. I have worn women's volleyball uniforms a long tine ago

Sarah Doepner
01-31-2013, 01:16 AM
Probably the first outfit I wore to go out in public. I must have looked like a gypsy or some kind of throwback hippie. Before the evening was done I'd realized how outlandish it looked and changed to a sweater and slacks and was able to feel much more comfortable. Other unusual items usually fall into the costume category and were worn just for that effect.

Diana1469
01-31-2013, 02:54 AM
I have a thing about uniforms. I have cheerleader outfits and some military uniform sets. Of course those aren't worn in public. I would love to get a 60s era stewardess uniform made to fit me.

sometimes_miss
01-31-2013, 06:05 AM
I 'borrowed' a candystriper's uniform back when I was a volunteer in a hospital, way back when I was 14. It had apparently been left in the coat room for quite a long time, with the girl's nametag of one who hadn't been there for well over a year. I assumed she was gone for good (turned out to be correct) so I took it home and tried it on. Didn't quite fit, though, she was apparently much shorter than I was. It was kind of a sad feeling to bring it back and put it on the hanger, knowing no one would ever wear it again (especially, me).

Veronnie2
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
WOW this brings back memories. I would have to say what I called a granny dress. It was full length, lined, down to just above my ankles. I got it for free, tried it on and it hung on me like a sack. Needless to say, i never wore it again, not even as a joke. Veronnie2

Beverley Sims
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
I have worn hockey, tennis, basketball and cheerleaders outfits and taken part in those sports.
It is probably not unusual wearing these clothes for a purpose.
The most unusual was a maternity dress when I was made up to look like a pregnant woman.
I was put on a crowded subway train and hidden cameras were used to see if someone would let me have a seat.
It took 10 minutes to get a seat and then I had to move quickly to get it.
Made interesting television.

franlee
01-31-2013, 02:03 PM
The maturity clothes are unusal for normal! But a great story there. I have worn my late wife's maternaty dresses to but they were of a style that was like a shift dress and worked for everyday PG or not. Another outfit I wore that was out of the norm was my MIL's cocktail dress and complete outfit, it was a wonderful experiance but completely outside of my style. And that is part of what made it so much fun and interesting.

outhiking
01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
I once wore a bridal gown with crineling(sp?) and I've tried out feminine scrubs.

StacyChambers
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
I'd say a maternity bathing suit (a one piece). Gave me a nice chest that's for sure with all its padding.

outhiking: "crinoline"

krisinpink
01-31-2013, 06:34 PM
:) I've worn a number of 'out of the norm' outfits...just to broaden the range of clothes I've worn. I have a bridal gown, a uniform worn by the women who make up the rooms at hotels, swimwear, Nurses uniform, cheerleading wear, prom dress, a real 1890s looking prairie dress, maternity wear, and most recently, 'old lady' wear -what was the norm for seniors in the 70s. It's all fun, and isn't this part of what dressing is about? Like most here however, my 'normal' wardrobe is filled with age appropriate contemporary stuff.

Shelly117
01-31-2013, 07:05 PM
I have worn a maids outfit, a tennis skirt and sports bra, and I have a cute sailor's dress with hat and cufflinks, really cute. I am dying to try on a wedding dress or prom dress.

NicoleScott
01-31-2013, 07:19 PM
I wore a roaring 20's flapper dress, with lots of fringe on it. Originally, it was a costume for a school show my sister was in. Then I wore it for Halloween one year (I suspect the OP didn't mean to include Halloween costumes as "most unusual"). But I liked wearing it (hey, I'm a CD), and at the time I didn't have any dresses of my own, so when I got the chance I'd dig it out of the attic and wear it, along with a wig and my sister's high heels (vintage mismatch, but I didn't care).

AshleeM
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
I have worn a maids outfit, a tennis skirt and sports bra, and I have a cute sailor's dress with hat and cufflinks, really cute. I am dying to try on a wedding dress or prom dress.

Same! I've been trying to gather the courage to hit up a local prom gown consignment shop. I've really just got no where to store it once I get it!

The only unusual thing I wear on a regular basis are my petticoats and maybe a corset, I try and wear them at least once or twice a month. Petticoats and corsets are my thing! I would so be a Lolita girl if I was an actual GG.

docrobbysherry
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
These r probably in the top 10. But, I specialize in unusual!:eek:

197114 197115

AshleeM
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
These r probably in the top 10. But, I specialize in unusual!:eek:

I adore that pink outfit! I would love to have a similar one!

franlee
01-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Nicole it wasn't really my intent for any specific costume or uniform or even style, just what you like you were saying. Anything out of the usual for the indiviual. And the point you made about this is part of what makes CDing so much fun is totally true. And sharing these concepts not only entertain but can provide thought to inspire someone else to try something "off the hook" and maybe even learn something new in the precess.
I hope more people look at this and share so far it's been fun.

Aaron Zwidling
02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
My tutu. I had a professional tutu skirt made by a company in Moldova, and then sewed a bodice myself to fit over top of the skirt to complete my tutu. It has always been a dream of mine to own a tutu, and while I don't regret finally getting one it is a very impractical garment for day to day use.

Tabitha Storm
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
For me it is not too weird. It was a Hooters uniform. It was fun to wear but I didn't quite have the hooters for it.

Tab

Fuchsia
02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I once, in my younger days, wore a full black fishnet bodystocking. Not the most comfortable item of apparell, especially as i wore it for the whole day and an evening out, under more modest drabs. I thought it looked sexy as hell in the mirror though.

StacyChambers
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I am dying to try on a wedding dress or prom dress.

I have never worn a wedding dress but LOVE prom dresses and have several. You should try one!

docrobbysherry
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I adore that pink outfit! I would love to have a similar one!
It's nothing more than a shiny leotard and a matching tutu, Ashlee. Just Google: "dance wear" and you'll get a number of good online sellers!

immike
02-02-2013, 04:01 AM
It's nothing more than a shiny leotard and a matching tutu, Ashlee. Just Google: "dance wear" and you'll get a number of good online sellers!
I've always wanted to wear a Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders uniform

andrea lace
02-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry for going off thread but I saw a guy yesterday he must have lost a bet as what he was wearing was odd to say the least. He wore short black wellington boots, tight black leggings with a white dress over the top he had a black fisherman's hat on his head and a open pink umbrella and it wasn't raining. he also hadn't shaved for a couple of days. My wife says she has seen him before in town and she said " He must be dressing to get attention ". I thought the idea of cross dressing was to blend.

Deedee Skyblue
02-02-2013, 12:06 PM
I thought the idea of cross dressing was to blend.

Not everyone has the same goals, Andrea... I am acquainted with at least one gurl who definitely dresses to get attention....

Deedee

Kaitlyn Michele
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
i once went to a halloween party in a hooters outfit..

i am 6'2 and at the time weighed in at about 195

a guy came in drag but not in a serious way..just put on a dress and girls boots with lipstick and crazy eye makeup.
people made fun of him more than me...at the time i was basically "in the closet" with almost everybody so this was a MAJOR outing for me but it was a friends party and nobody knew me...

5150 Girl
02-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I've always wanted to wear a Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders uniform
Been there, done that lat 2 holoweens...

highheelqueen
02-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Hello Ladies , For me it has to be a corset,petticoat,stockings,heels. I like to spend my off days dressed in a outfit like that. Like the rest of you. I have a maids uniform. And love to wear that as well. Also own a few saloon dresses.

StevieTV
02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I have a pvc body suit with spikes on it. I bought it last year to be Lady Gaga for Halloween.

michellecd9999
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I have had several makeover and photo sessions dressed in a maid's outfit and also a wedding gown. I loved being the bride!

AllieSF
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I think it was wearing a women's bathing suit to a hotel pool a few times. It was fun and I would do it again under the right circumstances.

Paulette
02-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I have been fortunate enough to own a period costume from the Dickens era with hoop skirt, corset, pantaloons,chemise, and lace up ankle boots. I also have a wedding dress with a long train about 4 feet trailing behind behind me. As for a bathing suit i have a couple and have worn them to a community pool in a trailer park in Florida, and at a friends pool during a GEMS pool party. Each outfit is a distinctly different experience. Love the bathing suit to swim in ( I have special forms) and the feeling of not having a wet pair of shorts dripping water 20 minutes after I leave the water. The big gowns get you thinking of such things as how am I going to go to the bathroom and do I really want to drink a large soda while wearing a hoop skirt.

BLUE ORCHID
02-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi Franlee, Probably a micro mini with black fishnets stockings.

Leah Lynn
02-05-2013, 09:43 PM
A navy blue see thru blouse, with matching bra, black hotpants, Super shimmery suntan pantyhose and over the knee black boots. It was 1973, and well, it was 1973!

Leah

irishsissy
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
I wear this Cheerleaders outfit quiet regular. I also have a Golf outfit and a Tennis outfit. But my goal is to wear a Brides dress.

~Joanne~
02-05-2013, 10:47 PM
For me it is not too weird. It was a Hooters uniform. It was fun to wear but I didn't quite have the hooters for it.

Tab

I have always thought about buying a hooters uniform myself. Don't know why I want one but sometimes I do, kind of like a leotard. It's always lingering there but I never have. When you bought yours, where did you get it? ebay or in the restaurant itself?

Launa
02-06-2013, 01:49 AM
In the early 90's I went to a big girl clothing store and bought a long, flower dress with a "big white bib" on the front of it. It looked like a religous farm girls' piece of attire.... I'm glad it burned in a ring of fire during a raging purge......

noeleena
02-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Hi,

Now your getting into my domain .

Clothes or garb.

1400 to 1700. wearing garb of that time is normal for myself , i make my garb & wear it as iv just done for our SCA, Renaissance week with 230 others men women & children. was a lovely neat week & rather special, i dress as a wench & as a Chateline Lady of the Castle . try this out in public & flying many miles over sea's, in N Z & Austraila,

The 2 nd group Edwardian times 1900 to 1914. im just a plain looking woman so my clothes reflect that the reason being my women friends can & do make lovely clothes very lacy frilly & feminine, because of my facial features i would look very out of place & silly to try, im more the working class or the woman photographer,
again i make all my clothes, & yes we wear them out in public as we did to day, at our monthly meetup.

...noeleena...

ArleneRaquel
02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
When I had a 1920's flapper outfit the boa was somewhat unusual, but I loved it. How that outfit disappeared I don't know/ Likely in my move to this location. Darn ! :sad:

Chickhe
02-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Any halloween costume... but wearing skin tight sports wear in public is something else! ...looks normal looking in, but from the inside out you feel naked.

Rachael Jones
02-06-2013, 05:37 PM
At one point in my life I wore latex. I had stockings, corset and full-length gauntlets. It was a fiddle to get in and out of, but was absolutely fantastic to wear!

docrobbysherry
02-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Not everyone has the same goals, Andrea... I am acquainted with at least one gurl who definitely dresses to get attention....

Deedee
Probably not one of the girls here, tho. Rite, DeeDee?

We're all such shy, shrinking violets at cd.com!

Costume
02-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Well I once hired a mermaid costume for my "girlfriend", but it was rather loose and disappointing. I've since bought a mermaid costume, but again it's a slightly loose cumbersome tail skirt with a slit in the back. Now what I would really like is a proper tail (i.e. it's physically impossible to walk in!)

GinaD
02-08-2013, 08:39 AM
I once wore a short buckskin Pocahontas type dress with matching moccasins, beads, and a long black wig at Cheyenne Frontier days. I got a ton of compliments and more than a few admiring looks from a few cowboys that made my friend jealous.

Jennifer in CO
02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
does Daisy Dukes and a halter top count? - If so, then I used to wear them constantly "way back when"

Jenn

NathalieX66
02-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I prefer to dress as an average normal woman despite my "little girl fetish"....dressing up as a prissy little girl . That's how I ended up here.

My dressing as female is just a natural part of me. That's just who I am.

Allison2006
02-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I've worn a schoolgirl costume for Halloween before, but as far a more normal clothes, would have to say that back in the day, I used to have several leotard/tights outfits that I liked wearing...

JenniferR771
02-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Two years ago, I wore a nice wedding dress (from a thrift shop) to our support group Halloween party. I dressed at the site.
Later, I think my wife got rid of it--she won't admit it, though.

And recently I tried on another wedding dress at another thrift shop. It was too small. See my pic.

Allison Chaynes
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Wedding dress but only around the house!

tara_c
02-10-2013, 12:16 AM
i wore a diaper and a night gown out tick or treating at 22

freddy813
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM
love to wear stockings, garters mini skirt with heels but only round the house

larissa-laurie
02-12-2013, 01:39 AM
I once tried a body briefer under my French maids outfit and felt really sexy. It was also fun in my only prom dress to feel sexy like that too.