PDA

View Full Version : First clothes advice

Slim_redhead
01-31-2013, 03:42 AM
Hi all,

i've dressed on and off for several years, but always stopped and got rid of the few clothes i did have as i talked myself into thinking it was wrong and unnatural. i now have realised the error of my ways and that im happiest when dressing and its who i want to be.

i'm ready to go on a bit of a spending spree and thought i'd ask you lovely ladies for advice on what you think is good to start with.

suzy1
01-31-2013, 04:15 AM
Skirts, dresses, shoes, more shoes, more shoes again.:heehee:

But seriously, what can you afford and do you have the freedom to collect a nice wardrobe without having to hide it all?
We all have different tastes in clothes so it’s up to you.

I, like many others here sometimes see a GG and think, that’s the look I want and dress like that.

There is nothing like a good spending spree to put a girl in a good mood.

Have fun girl:)

Suzy

Emma Beth
01-31-2013, 04:51 AM
It really is up to you and your situation.

For me, I got back into it after suppressing for over twenty years and I am basically working from the ground up with my wife's help. I already have a nice collection of panties, a pair of jeans, and a bra.

Next on my list; after we get our tax refund back; is some workout clothes, some more bras, and some sleep things.

Have fun,
Jamie

NeKoi
01-31-2013, 05:32 AM
with regards to shopping, I would normally say, just get the following:
what you like
what you wan to wear
and
what you wan to be seen in (may not apply if you're closeted)

shopping's fun thing and relaxing. enjoy!

Michelle (Oz)
01-31-2013, 05:47 AM
Your purchasing priorities really depend on your aims and goals. Do you want to present female or dress in some outfits without the full monty.

If you want to present as female (or more likely will work up to that) then it gets expensive - makeup, body shaping, wigs.

Best to stay with what you like that makes you feel good.

Shelly117
01-31-2013, 06:48 AM
If you want to present as female (or more likely will work up to that) then it gets expensive - makeup, body shaping, wigs.

I agree. If you just want some sexy things go and grab them but if you want to pull off passing there's a bunch more you need to think about and strategize.

I am going through the same thing. I threw out a bunch of cute dresses and shoes and lingerie and my breast forms. I can't believe I got rid of those!!!! Lol but now starting up again and really getting everything I ever wanted.

Erica Marie
01-31-2013, 07:02 AM
I have been dressing on and off for almost 30 yrs and I ask the same question. I guess start with the basics that all girls need, panties, bras, nylons/tights/leggings, shoes and make up. Then decide if you need a wig or if your hair will suffice. Then add the breast forms and see where things go. Take your time and dont rush into it, thats when you buys things and later say, why did I get this. If you can find a store where the sales associates will help they may be able to set you up with a few cute outfits. Good luck and happy shopping.

Tibby
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
If you are just starting out you'll go through quite a few items before you find the look and style you really want. As for looking for specific items to buy, why not just go out, have a look around and see what catches your eye. Something may just jump out at you and scream BUY ME.

mellissawi, every girl has something in their wardrobe that they wonder why they ever bought, why did they ever think this would look good. That's part of the fun in a way, we evolve in our tastes and styles and it can be good to look back and see the changes.

Kate Simmons
01-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Just be prepared to have your wallet (or purse) become a bit lighter. As we all know, girl stuff is by no means cheap.:heehee::)

Ceri Anne
01-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Have a blast, wish I could go with you. As I tell a lot of people, I get a ton of my stuff at JCP. Their quality is great and the prices on the clearance racks is incredibe, often single digits for nice stuff. And you can use the dressing rooms to try things on. I recomend for a basic wardrobe, at least 1 pencil or a line skirt, a couple cotton shirts (white, black etc) and a couple dressier blouses, silk, satin. Then you will want a couple casual office type dresses, a couple nicer dresses (for clubbing, dinner etc. The infamous little black dress. I've also got a pair of dress slacks, blue jeans and short shorts and some casual tops. A sweater dress is awsome. and even nice wool car coat. Shoes....you will want a pair or 10 of pumps, I'm partial to open toe, and sandals. I have a pair of knee boots, and the boot shoe things. Don't forget belts, bracelets, necklaces and earings. You can get clips at Hobby Lobby for the pierced ones if you can't pierce. (also JCP has great prices on inexpensive jewlery) and of course a purse or two. A small clutch for evening and something mid size for day time.

After I purged, I ended up shopping for quality instead of quantity the last time, and it cost me about $1000 to build up, including forms and wig. (lots of great sales though)

Laura912
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Jewelry....don't forget jewelry. Among the stores with which I am familiar, Penny's and Catos have clip on earrings.

Maria S
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Depending on your size and shape it may take you some while to get a basic wardrobe. Sometimes you have to buy when you see it as it may be a while before you see it again. As a couple of examples I love high heel shoes and am lucky to have small enough feet to get away with a womens UK size 8. I find a lot that fit but as soon as I walk I cannot keep them on so when I find some that fit ok I have to buy them. A similar problem with skirts. I have a slight belly and have to take around size 18-20. I have nice legs so like shortish skirts. The short ones go up to a certain size and then go longer. Also having the belly they are OK when I am standing up but as soon as I sit down I look like the Michelin man's sister so I need skirts with a bit of givbe.

Maria

Beverley Sims
01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Having purged I assume you have some idea as to how you want to dress.
Androgynously.
Skirt and Top.
Jeans and top.
Dresses.
You need undergarments of course and shoes are another accessory.
A wig and makeup would help complete your requirements.

Slim_redhead
01-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks all for the advice.
At the moment im only ready to dress for myself. I live alone so i plan on getting used to dressing for myself before i move on.
I think im going to treat myself to some sexy lingerie-this is where my fantasy started.
I'm looking at some of the beautiful victoria's secret pieces. Any suggestions let me know, i'll keep you posted with what i choose

cathie pantyhose
01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
I started with hose, heels and a couple of skirts in the beginning. I've since transitioned into everything. I have a collection of dresses, hair, boots, under thingy's, etc...I am starting to run out of room but wont purge as I like everything

BLUE ORCHID
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi Red, Be careful $$ it gets $$ real easy real quick $$.
Pace your self stare with the bassics.

Aylineira
02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
I buy tights tights and more tights!! I'm a hosiery lover what can I say. But to give some solid advice you should just buy what you want really.

Slim_redhead
02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the advice! I think i got a bit carried away and splurged on lingerie at victorias secret :)
If you want to see i can show you what i bought although im unsure if we can
Post links?

Aylineira
02-02-2013, 12:31 PM
There's a picture section on another part of this forum.