PDA

View Full Version : A View Across The Spectral Divide

LeaP
01-31-2013, 11:30 AM
As the the topic of CD & TS differences comes up all of the time, I thought I'd take a different cut at it in a lighter way (mostly!). The theme is comparable CD and TS thread topics. What are yours? Play nice!

CD - My new forms!
TS - My new boobs!

CD - Told the wife and she's OK with it!
TS - I put it ALL out there and we're separating.

CD - I love my new gown and glitter heels!
TS - Tossing all my old crap and getting some work clothes.

CD - Are you attracted to men only when dressed?
TS - I was heterosexual then and I'm heterosexual post-op!

CD - Anyone else wear their bras to bed?
TS - God, I hate bras!

CD - I'm reading "My Husband Wears My Clothes"
TS - Great article in the Endocrine Society Journal!

CD - Discovered phytoestrogens!
TS - Got my HRT letter!

CD - I feel so feminine when I dress!
TS - It's NOT about the clothes!

CD - I told someome at work!
TS - What do you think of my transition plan & timeline?

CD - Stopped shaving my legs for the summer ...
TS - I wish I had started electrolysis a year earlier!

CD - Is it selfish?
TS - It's the most selfish and necessary thing you'll ever do.

CD - Ever wish you were a woman?
TS - Ever wish you were cisgendered?

CD - Doing the housework dressed!
TS - My BF expects ME to do housework!? AS IF!

CD - How much is a makeover?
TS - How much did your orchi cost?

CD - Got a new wig!
TS - No more wigs!

CD - MAC or Sephora?
TS - Spiro or Cypro?

CD - Thinking of purging ...
TS - Feeling suicidal

CD - Heels all day ... my feet hurt!
TS - My boobs hurt!

CD - Got stopped - scared me to death!
TS - Got stopped - the cop was HOT!

CD - Where are you in the spectrum?
TS - Its all about the binary.

CD - Going full-time on weekends!
TS - Day 1 of RLE!

CD - Into a size 20!
TS - Down 60 pounds, 30 more to go!

CD - What color are your panties?
TS - ...

arbon
01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Thats pretty good Lea

ChelseaErtel
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
I needed a good laugh, thanks.

Frances
01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
That's really good and so true!

KateConnors
01-31-2013, 02:03 PM
I want a like button a la facebook.

KellyJameson
01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm playing nice so if it appears I'm not it is just my natural wickedness

CD Semen stains all over my clothes !
TS Whats semen?

Let me make it clear that I perfectly support sexual fetishes and crossdressing and see no shame in these practices so this is just my humor and IS NOT passing judgement.

Beverley Sims
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Kelly,
You don't have to justify yourself, remember what you said in another thread......
Good thread all round. If I think of something clever I will post it.
Only silly things going around my brane at the moment.

Anne2345
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
CD - What's the best way to tuck?
TS - Just booked a flight to Thailand . . . .

melissaK
01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
CD: I'm saving for my annual Crossdressers vacation cruise!

TS: I'm saving for my once in a lifetime Thailand trip!

LeaP
01-31-2013, 04:08 PM
Very good adds! Here's a few more:

CD - How I create cleavage
TS - Scheduled my BA

CD - Is it pink fog?
TS - Maybe it's depression?

CD - Sisters Unite!
TS - There is NO umbrella ...

CD - Should I tell?
TS - Honesty = Authenticity

CD - Flying pretty
TS - State Department passport rule changes

CD - Waist cinchers - ouch!
TS - "OUCH" [post-FFS threads]

CD - Anyone going to tonight's SCC dance?
TS - Anyone else getting a Spiegel consult at SCC?

ColleenA
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
You've got a lot of great ones, Lea, but I think I like the final one in the OP most.

Here are a few:

CD – Parents found my stash – life is over
TS – My life is just beginning

CD – Found a cute outfit at Kohl’s
TS – Need help finding a therapist

CD – I love underdressing at work
TS – Set up a meeting with HR

CD – Spent too much at VS
TS – Cost of SRS?

CD – When did you first crossdress?
TS – When did you first know?

Inna
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
CD: they say "what's the difference between CD and a TS:2 years".......... Ridiculous!
TS: they say "what's the difference between CD and a TS:2 years".......... Ridiculous..........its way longer!

ElleduSud
01-31-2013, 05:05 PM
CD: here's a link to my Flickr account. The Mods here won't let me post the best pictures :D. I hope you will enjoy them :devil:

TS: here's a link to my blog. My therapist recommended an on-line journal as away of sorting through my thoughts and feelings as we explored my gender. It's also been a way to be "out" publicly to the friends and family who are supportive of me but don't live close enough to see my changes. I need their support and the comments and feedback have been a huge help. It's been a real comfort to me, too, as I can look back in time and see how far I've come. It helps me feel a little less frustrated with the time it's taking to transition.

KellyJameson
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
CD The clothes bring out the woman within
TS Sucide versus SRS

CD Pleasure
TS Pain

LeaP
01-31-2013, 06:05 PM
CD Pleasure
TS Pain

Oooohh! VERY pointed!

ColleenA
01-31-2013, 06:10 PM
CD Pleasure
TS Pain

Wow! That cuts to the heart of it. :clap: (standing ovation)

KellyJameson
01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Sorry Lea if I was to harsh in my humor, I know you were trying to keep it lite.

Living this way can be hard sometimes and it makes me irritable on occassion. Seeing how much others are hurting in this section and than my own stuff sometimes leaves me a little raw.

This is why I take a break from here and than come back. Other peoples stories F..ks me up a little bit and I need to step back.

This thread kinda of triggered it because I carry a certain jealous resentment for those who enjoy CD'ing even though I know they have their problems to and I try to always stay sympathetic.

I soooo wish I was a CDer sometimes and could fall into blissfull enjoyment of the clothes.

I really love fashion and would not mind a career in it, but the clothes were never going to be able to fix my brain.

So all you CDers out their sorry if I was mean. Chalk it up to human frailties and a temporary sore disposition that will pass.

Traci Elizabeth
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
CD: here's a link to my Flickr account. The Mods here won't let me post the best pictures :D. I hope you will enjoy them :devil:

TS: here's a link to my blog. My therapist recommended an on-line journal as away of sorting through my thoughts and feelings as we explored my gender. It's also been a way to be "out" publicly to the friends and family who are supportive of me but don't live close enough to see my changes. I need their support and the comments and feedback have been a huge help. It's been a real comfort to me, too, as I can look back in time and see how far I've come. It helps me feel a little less frustrated with the time it's taking to transition.

There's no link!

Sara Jessica
01-31-2013, 08:13 PM
I understand the intent to keep it light but this whole thing ends up being a litmus test for those of us (me) who fall on one side for some, the other side for others, and strangely, neither for most. Sort of empirical evidence how it can suck not to really "fit" on either the TS or CD side, let alone female or male.

SamanthaC
01-31-2013, 08:36 PM
CD: they say "what's the difference between CD and a TS:2 years".......... Ridiculous!
TS: they say "what's the difference between CD and a TS:2 years".......... Ridiculous..........its way longer!

Hope my neighbours don't mind the squarky laugh I just let out reading this one ;)

Tara D. Rose
01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Or how about:

Post removed by me.

Marleena
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
It's all fun & games until somebody gets insulted, then shit hits the fan. I'm not playing...

kellycan27
01-31-2013, 09:36 PM
CD I feel so sexy

TS if you feel sexy at all... Your probably not TS. This is serious business!

Beverley Sims
02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Please keep with the fun and games, as a CD I could not link these comments together at all.
I think this is a brilliant thread to read though.

Sara Jessica
02-01-2013, 09:21 AM
It's all fun & games until somebody gets insulted, then shit hits the fan. I'm not playing...

Marleena, I hope you don't think I felt insulted by this thread. Seriously, it's kind of funny to see all of this in black & white but at the same time, it did hit pretty close to home.

I understand the intent to keep it light but this whole thing ends up being a litmus test for those of us (me) who fall on one side for some, the other side for others, and strangely, neither for most. Sort of empirical evidence how it can suck not to really "fit" on either the TS or CD side, let alone female or male.

Upon further review, I forgot a category, both. There are several of these where both sides apply to me.

Gosh, I'm screwed!!! ;)

And just to prove I can play fun...

CD: Daisy Duke's with suntan pantyhose?

TS: I want to wear my cargo shorts but really, do I feel like shaving my legs today???

...and to show that it can go both ways,

CD: Nothing but heels!!!

TS: Nothing but sensible shoes.

Marleena
02-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Marleena, I hope you don't think I felt insulted by this thread. Seriously, it's kind of funny to see all of this in black & white but at the same time, it did hit pretty close to home.

I know the OP had good intentions when posting this but the thread has the potential to go all wrong. Just put me down as down being bitchy.:D

LeaP
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I know the OP had good intentions when posting this but the thread has the potential to go all wrong.

It does, Marleena, but the other side of it is this:

People constantly say they want less conflict and misunderstanding ... yet the SOURCES of the conflicts ... which are the different ways that the subsets of the membership look at broadly (or perhaps superficially) similar issues - isn't going away. So how do you broach surfacing and dealing with some of the differences in perspective? One way is to encourage people to engage socially.

Kelly's was excellent, by the way. If you look at it from the point of view often raised by the CD/TG membership, TS members are often viewed as immersed in pain and issues. It's true to a great degree ... certainly on a relative basis! There's nothing wrong with acknowledging it ... and leaving it at that, rather than getting into a dispute as to why that might be so.

Seriously, it's kind of funny to see all of this in black & white but at the same time, it did hit pretty close to home.

That was the balance I was trying to hit, SJ. You articulated it perfectly.

I'm encouraged by the tone of responses so far.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBMbGPAqsU

as always the simpsons sums it up pretty nicely

Nigella
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Point made , Thread done