PDA

View Full Version : Where to send CDing purchases anonymously?

KiwiKate
02-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey all.I would like to buy some stuff to help me with my look but I am having a hard time finding somewhere to send it without getting busted.I can't do a PO Box because it's so expensive here and sending it to my work would be too risky (too many questions). I know that probably doesn't leave a lot of options but some bright spark might have some ideas.Cheers.

RADER
02-01-2013, 04:34 PM
In the USA, You can have a UPS packages sent to a store near you for pick up.
And there is no extra charge. I believe the Post Office can do the same.
It might be worth a few questions.
Rader

Jenara
02-01-2013, 05:03 PM
I was looking at bras online at catherines.com and kmart.com and both have ship to store options. Plus you probably save on shipping.

pink.switch.love
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
How about a friends place?

busker
02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
in the US there are private business that do packaging /mailing and often rent "mail boxes" within their store. There may be some in NZ. Or authorized government p.o. facilities in stores or whatever.

KiwiKate
02-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Cheers for the ideas.Unfortunately NZ Post doesn't have a pick up option otherwise it would have been ideal.The ship to store sounds good too but again NZ is a bit backward!!The friends house could be a go.Maybe my sister would oblige.

Vickie_CDTV
02-01-2013, 07:59 PM
If you have a Mail Boxes etc. (http://mbe.co.nz) ,you might be able to get a PO box there cheaper than at the post office (and they can accept packages from all carriers.)

sometimes_miss
02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Find your local United Parcel Service office. You can have your parcels shipped there, and pick them up. They ship everything from dry milk to dildos and bondage equipment, and don't care who uses what, as long as you pay them for delivery. Ask how long you can leave the package without picking it up, so you can avoid making the trip too often if it's far away. As far as having anything accidently opened, I would just tell them my mom or sister order things with my credit card; but in the past 15 years, I've had a few questionable things 'exposed', yet no one there has ever asked about anything. They really don't care. Money talks, and it talks louder than anything else in the room.

Edit: the above mailboxes etc. company used to have offices in the U.S., but I believe was bought out by UPS. At least here in my state that is the case. Good company.

Lady Catherine
02-01-2013, 10:08 PM
You can have it sent general delivery to your local Post Office. You have to keep checking to see if it came, but you can do it.

Michelle (Oz)
02-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Hi Kate

Across the 'ditch' I use a local MBE store. They charge about $10 a package for casual deliveries. Look at http://mbe.co.nz/ for a local store and check with them.

Michelle

Beverley Sims
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
I am sure the NZPO does accept delivery to the post office a parcel is addressed to.
Try a local country PO. Tell them you are visiting and will be passing through and wish to have mail sent to you as you have no fixed address.
I was able to pick up mail in Auckland as long as it was in a seven day period.

Helen_Highwater
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
In the UK Amazon has just started operating it's own "Dead Drop boxes" located in various stores. You nominate a local store and they text or email when your item is deposited in the locker which you open with a once only code. There are other companies operating similar schemes. Cheap and reliable.

PertyX
02-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I'd be interested in a similar solution for here in the UK...

x

PertyX
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
In the UK Amazon has just started operating it's own "Dead Drop boxes" located in various stores. You nominate a local store and they text or email when your item is deposited in the locker which you open with a once only code. There are other companies operating similar schemes. Cheap and reliable.

Sorry Helen! Never read your post before chipping in...

I'll check that out, thanks!

thewife/soon2bex
02-02-2013, 06:16 PM
My first question that came up is who are you hiding it from?

KiwiKate
02-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Cheers everyone.

KiwiKate
02-03-2013, 02:05 AM
My first question that came up is who are you hiding it from?
The wife knows I crossdress but doesn't really like it.If packages started to arrive at home and were opened it would upset her.It would mean my dressing was escalating if I was resorting to buying my own makeup,wigs and cloths etc.

paulaprimo
02-03-2013, 02:21 AM
i use to do alot of on-line shopping before i got the courage to shop in person. the big stores here, like payless, jc pennies, sears, you can have your stuff shipped to your local store for pick-up. or in my case i had them sent to the next town over from me, just to avoid running into some i knew. and if the SA asks any of the embarrassing questions, you can just say you are picking it up for someone. one time at pennies the SA open the package to verify the contents at my local store. she pulled out 5 dresses that i ordered, and asked me if this was right. i turned beat red, as a friend of mine was standing at the same counter. i just told her that i didnt know, and was picking it up for someone. ever since that, i had the stuff sent to the next town. thought i'd rather drive a bit then run into a problem...seemed to work out very well for me. and if something didn't fit, i would just return it at the local store, and then re order the correct size. hope that helps...:)

Rachelakld
02-03-2013, 02:32 AM
I tend to buy makeup from any Auckland kmart, clothes from any clothing store (Supre, Glassons, Temt etc)

Stephanie47
02-03-2013, 03:21 AM
You mentioned having a sister who might oblige. I'd go with that option if she will keep your purchases quiet.