PDA

View Full Version : Makeup!!!!!

Clarissa3d
12-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok so yesterday I went window shopping around the stores around Northpoint mall and found a store call Ultra cosmetics and salon. I did not have time to stop in yesterday so today I left work and drove over to Ultra. Now keep in mind I was wearing my button up boot cut jean (womens 12) and my 2 1/2 high heel boots and a drab shirt. So I walked into the store and let me tell you this place is enormous and filled with all kinds of cosmetics. HEAVEN!!!!

Ok so as I looked around there are to young girls at the check out watching me and just ( I thought) 1 or 2 lady customers in the store. As I walked deeper into the store a lady standing in the middle of one of the isles asked if she could help me. So I turned and walked toward her and said yes I am looking for some base like dermablend. She Nodded and yes and said have a seat.
A bit nervous I sat down in a bar stool next to a small counter. She returned with a small jar and asked what I was looking to do with it? I said to help cover my facial hair shadow.
She said what for? So I fessed up and said I am a cross-dresser. She nodded and OK and started applying this to my cheek and chin.

Well as she progressed I noticed two or three ladies moved right up next to me and stood and watched. Getting a bit nervous she continued to apply more to my whole face. Well three more ladies including the two girls from the check out had gathered to watch.

As this continued to get crowded Rosa the Lady doing my makeup looked around very sternly and said girls what do you need? and the two from the register said these ladies are looking for some eye shadow. And Rosa said tell them to look around the store I am busy for the next 15 minutes, go on. With that the two girls retreated to the register.

Well the two lady customers still on my left are watching intently as Rosa never missed a beat to complete the application and giving me tips on applying makeup. Finally the three ladies moved off a bit to give me some breathing room, I was getting a little stressed.

Rosa is a very nice lady and asked for me to come back for more make up lessons. After I said I would purchase the 20 dollar base makeup. It was a little pricey but it is better than dermablend.
So I said to Rosa thank you and walked to the register with the two girls grinning at me. The first girl rang up the makeup and said that will be 21.41 and I handed her the money. As I turned to leave a lady and her husband had walked in and was standing at the register next to me and just as I turned to leave the man quickly turned his head the other way so as not to get caught starring.

I smiled and walked out of the store with my freshly done face. Well that's not all, on the way home my Friend calls me and said can you pick me up a can of dip (yuk) and I said sure.
Well with my face made up in a sudo drab mode and high heel boots I looked for the gas station that did not have many people in it. No luck. So I drove to the one I could think of that is always empty and well is the last one on the way home. Well again just my luck as I pull into the store there is 5 cars in the parking lot and everyone is in the store.
Well it's now or never. So I waited in the car for a few minutes hoping that some of these Georgia good Ole boys would saunter out to there car and leave.
Damn no luck on that. only one leaves. Well the urge to pee is starting to make my decision for me. Well I get out of the car and hear my heels on the pavement. Well as I get to the door and look in I see 3 guys inside doing scratch offs (they will be there for a while) so I walked in and straight to the register and asked for the can and paid for it quickly. I turned around and face to face with a very very tall good Ole boy that I thought had left.
His eyes opened real wide and I quickly scooted past and to the door. Damn what a night. Got the car and looked back, evidently these boys are having more trouble with the scratch offs and could care less about me. whew~

So I get to the house and clean up a bit and get the can of (yuk) dip to my Friend. Yes he knows I am a CDr.

So ends another fun day with Clarissa

KatieZ
12-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Good story and good find on the makeup lady. I need a Rosa around here to help me out with makeup.

Thanx for sharing your day.

Hugs

Amelie
12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Clarissa that was some day you had, I'm glad all went well for you.

Now you have a friendly place to pick up all your make-up and you also seem to have a friendly place to pick-up some good ole boys. lol

You sound like you had fun, I am glad, just be careful when venturing out.

Love Amelie

Phoebe Reece
12-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Way to go Clarissa! Ulta is a favorite haunt of a number of us girls in the Atlanta area. The stores near Perimeter Mall and Lenox are ones that I frequent. We've always been treated very well there.

GypsyKaren
12-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Good going, Clarissa. I love ULTA, I get all of my make-up there. I've never had any problems, everyone there is always helpful.

GypsyKaren

VeronicaMoonlit
12-07-2005, 01:33 AM
I'd kill for an Ulta, (or a MAC counter, or Sephora) downstate.

I feel so deprived as a makeupista. :-)

Veronica

Clarissa3d
12-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks gurls, I definatly will be back to Ulta for more makeup etc. I think that Ulta will be one of my new favorite haunts to Phoebe.

I will be careful Amelie, thank you.

:D