PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing beats drinking as a stress-relief habit

Cynthia GG
02-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Hope y'all don't mind a lighthearted thread. An MtF crossdresser once told me the crossdressing was a way to relax and relieve stress, and was also fairly addictive. I thought, "Well, it beats drinking." So here's my list of:

Why crossdressing is better than drinking as a relaxation/stress-relief habit:

1. Crossdressing will not, in and of itself, leave you with a hangover.
2. Nobody ever crashed his car simply because he put on panties half an hour before he got behind the wheel.
3. I have never heard of a "lingerie blackout." (Pink fogs, maybe, but no blackouts.)
4. Crossdressing will not damage your liver (unless your corset is EXTREMELY tight, and then all bets are off.)
5. Extensive crossdressing will not interfere with your sleep cycles or weaken your immune system.
6. After crossdressing, you WILL be able to walk a straight line, and you might even be able to do it in high heels!

So… if it works for you, go for it!
:D

Leslie Langford
02-02-2013, 07:50 PM
It's also not fattening...if anything, our crossdresing encourages us to slim down and watch our weight so that we can fit into those cute skirts, tops, and dresses that always call out to us when we go shopping. ;)

CassandraSmith
02-02-2013, 08:25 PM
7. It's difficult to even think of getting all pissed of or in a road rage rage moment with the possibility of breaking a nail.
8. "Falling off the wagon" could be a good thing especially if you were sitting on the wagon in a pretty skirt and a garter belt at a photo shoot.
9. There's no closing time!
10. After you spend money on your CD habit, you end up with a nice wardrobe to show for it.

Allison Chaynes
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Well said Cynthia!

ronny0
02-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Why not do both, everything in moderation!

S. Lisa Smith
02-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Very cute!!! And yes, everything in moderation!!

Michelle M
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I LOVE it!
Yes, I have noticed I drink little or nothing after work, when I'm expressing myself as Myself.
No need to "knock back a couple to relax". I am relaxed

Stevie
02-02-2013, 11:49 PM
True walking in heels has helped me in more way than one.

giuseppina
02-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Hello Cynthia

Thank you for recognising that crossdressing does not have any negative health effects other than the consequences of garments that are too tight. That is very important and not to be taken lightly. I suspect the list of negative health effects of excessive alcohol consumption is longer than posted above.

Another advantage:
13. Crossdressers have a better chance of being mentally stable than alcoholics.

~Joanne~
02-02-2013, 11:54 PM
2. Nobody ever crashed his car simply because he put on panties half an hour before he got behind the wheel.

True but he may have if her heel got stuck under the gas pedal ;) lol

Great list Cynthia! Thank you for sharing it with us ;)

Leslie Langford
02-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Hello Cynthia

Thank you for recognising that crossdressing does not have any negative health effects other than the consequences of garments that are too tight. That is very important and not to be taken lightly. I suspect the list of negative health effects of excessive alcohol consumption is longer than posted above.

Another advantage:
13. Crossdressers have a better chance of being mentally stable than alcoholics.

Good points, giuseppina, and sadly, binge drinking and alcoholism in general - although increasingly more frowned upon - are still more socially acceptable than crossdressing for no better reason than their being more common, and more people being able to relate to them directly.

Taken at face value, heavy drinking is far more destructive personally as well as to one's relationships with others than crossdressing can ever be. When was the last time anyone heard of a crossdresser in a "pink fog" rage beating up on their spouse?

Beverley Sims
02-03-2013, 04:06 AM
I don't drink so I do not know anything better.
I may not drink but I do not believe in dry weddings either.

Tracii G
02-03-2013, 04:10 AM
You end up with a massive make up collection for hours of fun in front of the mirror.

andrea lace
02-03-2013, 04:17 AM
I used to dink heavily when I was hiding Andrea from my wife. But now I dress at convenient times and drink a hell of a lot less life is good!!!!!!!!!

joanna4
02-03-2013, 04:59 AM
I totally agree. Come to think of it, I would like to do both when I get a chance. Drinking alone in my room late at night is very relaxing plus being able to sleep in my outfit would be heaven. Maybe I can have a dream where I'm all dressed up.

cassexy
02-03-2013, 05:34 AM
well as a matter of fact, i started to crossdress after my divorce, it has definitely helped me to beat the stress and as cynthia, suggests, it is safe and can be used to relax and enhance sexuality.

Kate Simmons
02-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Pretty much Hon. Damn, you know all of our secrets.:battingeyelashes::)

Mollyanne
02-03-2013, 07:17 AM
The only stress comes from "How am I going to pay for those Jimmy Choo heels????"

Molly

Giselle(Oshawa)
02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
superb cynthia you have made my day sis

hugs

giselle reeves

Jordan-NH
02-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Totally agreed. I've said for years that dressing is my "outlet". Never actually thought about all the pros about it. Now I like it even more!

stephNE
02-03-2013, 08:00 AM
The only stress comes from "How am I going to pay for those Jimmy Choo heels????"

Molly

This might be the one negative that I see too, I may have already spent more on clothing and accessories that I ever could have spent on booze.

Michelle PJ
02-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Unfortunately for me, my ritual martini(s) in the evening is displacing time that could often be for dressing. Trouble is, my wife isn't thrilled with the crossdressing, so perhaps it's a big reason why I drink instead. Did I mention she's not happy with my drinking, either? No way out.

Jenn868
02-03-2013, 08:35 AM
this is soooo cute! love it

Cheryl T
02-03-2013, 10:13 AM
14. DWI ... Driving While InLingerie is not against the law...Unless it's the only thing you're wearing at the time....LOL

Shelly117
02-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Love it!!!! You should add no one ever said don't cross dress and drive. Lol

Jill Russo
02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I completely agree. Being able to relax and de-stress while en femme is such a blessing.

missmars
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I agree. Its good habit.

TGMarla
02-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Let's all put on our prettiest dresses and pour a few glasses of wine!

Maria S
02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
When I'm dressed I become another person and all my stress related problems just disappear. Trouble is when I change back they flood back. "Hey darling let's both cross dress full time all problems will disappear" lol

Maria

Shelly Preston
02-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Sadly for some its like a double edged sword

It can relieve the stress but if you are worried about being caught it does add to the stress

JBPerry
02-03-2013, 11:55 AM
With some of my days lately at work.....I could not wait to get home, shower and put on a fresh bra, panties and whatever I was going to wear that day

Leslie Langford
02-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Let's all put on our prettiest dresses and pour a few glasses of wine!

Marla, are you inviting us all to one of those epic Girls' Night Out get-togethers where we can let it all hang out (well, not in that sense, actually ;)), just be carefree, silly, and giggly, dish on (and diss) the people in our lives that irritate us, complain about our SO's, and maybe even end up at a Chippendale's show?

I'm in! :eek: :heehee:

franlee
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
This thread is so good for me! All these years I have been feeling the relief and theapy benifits and always wondered if I was the only one to do so. Now it is proven beyond a dought that it is a common event among us.
And Marla has a great idea but I think a couple of shots of Shine would be even more "medisinal."

Stephanie47
02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Being dressed gives me incentive to do all the domestic chores around the house. Right now I'm drying a load of whites. After folding them, I'll be doing some ironing. It is so easy to be motivated when dolled up in a red bra, red panty, red slip, red heels, beige hosiery and a Venezia red dress in a rose pattern.

Cross dressing is also a stress reliever. It brings out Stephanie to give her inner brother some time to get away from life.

Frankly, when I do not have the opportunity to login for several days when on vacation, I go through withdrawals.

April_Ligeia
02-04-2013, 01:31 PM
You have to be careful if crossdressing after drinking. Tried it once and stabbed myself in the eye with a mascara wand. Never again!

BLUE ORCHID
02-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi Cynthia, It's better than having three closets full of empty beer cans & bottles.