PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst of remarks you received while being dressed in public

Aleca
02-04-2013, 05:24 PM
My worst (sarcastic remark) came a couple summers ago I'm dressed up taking pictures in my front yard and a lady drives by and sarcastically yells "Look at you - so big!"
My best compliment wasn't anything verbal but being introduced at a CD group in Dallas, Texas with everyone applauding me during my introduction

Diane Edwards
02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
My best was a few years ago when I was out with my cousin, enjoying a girls night out at one of our favorite restaurants. Our waitress, an older woman, made a comment that it was "nice to see two sisters out enjoying themselves."

My worst, well...ummm...I can't really remember if I've even had a worst or even a mildly disdaining comment.

Maria S
02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Best - Haven't you got lovely legs

Worst (not directly at me) - I'm sure that's a geezer.

Maria

SarahLynn
02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Best, from a man following me into a restruant. He quickly sat down in a booth not his when he realised i was not the lady he thought, "There aught to be a law." This was spoken to the waitress. I was in male mode, and he was following me because of the appearance of my hair. Perhaps better was the waitress who also commented on my hair, "Yes there aught to be." At the time my hair was long (shoulder length) and wavvy.

The worst. Stopped by a police officer for traveling at a rate of speed not allowed on that highway. When he looked into my vehicle he stopped, pulled back and said, "Ooh!" I sorta took it as a compliment.

SarahLynn

Michelle 51
02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Best was in a coffee shop when a lady walking out with her husband leaned over and in a low voice said "your done up really
nice" and the worse was sitting in a food court in the mall minding my own business when a fat lady in a one size fits all pair of stretch pants she must have found in the hippo section of the zoo stops in front of me puts her hands on her hips and in a very loud voice hollers"well ain't that cute,look it's a guy"

2B Natasha
02-04-2013, 06:21 PM
The best. I had not been out and a out very long. Only a few months. And I wanted to get out one Sunday might. So the only place I could think of that was even remotely safe for me at the time was a a bar called twisted. So I do myself up. Hoping that there will be a fun crowd. Turned out. There was aost nobody. So I ordere a drink. Pulled up a chair to a high table and watched some football. About an hour in. This younger then me last walks up to me out of the blue and says. ". You look beautiful ". About floored me.

The worst. Mostly the voice in my head. I've been very lucky that I have not really had any horrible remarks made to me. I'm not sure why. Probably because I'm
Lost in my own world and don't hear them I suppose.

Cheers.

Angela Campbell
02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Never had a bad comment or anything like that, I guess the best was last Saturday night at a Restaurant a man held the door for me. That was nice. I have also been asked by another cd'er if I was a spouse of one of the others there.....I had them fooled!

Most of the time when I have been out in public no one seems to notice anything or at least never acts like they do.

franlee
02-04-2013, 07:38 PM
The best was, "this way ladies" as the waitress lead us to a table. An the worst was "you're so sloppy" for getting a spot on the blouse I was wearing, that belonged to my wife while we were driving.

Carrie R
02-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I've had a couple people ask me to marry them on chat sites. Not exactly public, I know. But that was both the best, and worst :D

Jenara
02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
One year for work I went full en femme as a costume by borrowing a friends clothes.

Most of my coworkers said I looked better as a female.

Not sure if this falls under best...or worst haha.

Diana Bain
02-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Best "Good evening ladies" (I was out with my wife)...worst "Freak!" yelled by a teenager in a passing car while I was out walking.

kimdl93
02-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Hmmm, I think the nicest comment was "You look really nice today" from the gentleman that runs the dryclearners. I suspect that there have been lots of less generous or positive reactions by less tolerant people, but I'm rather big and scary so they've kept the comments to themselves.

Mikkigurll
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I witnessed 2 men drag a body out of their car in a parking lot. I had just left the gay bar across the street and was dressed to the 9s. I called 911 and told the dispatcher I was dressed as a woman. When one of the responding officers came up to me and asked, "Did you call this in, M'am? In my most feminine voice I said yes. He told me he needed my name, address, and phone number. I gave him my true legal name. After I had given him my middle name, he looked at me and said, "Naaaaa" I said yes. He then said "To each his own" and took the rest of my statement.

AndreaS
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Best was when I was at a mall during Christmas and walked by the area where you could get your picture taken with Santa. I was walking by as well as 2 ggs nearby as well. Santa had just finished up with one kid and happened to look over and said, "Well don't we have 3 lovely looking ladies here." I could have sworn he looked right at me like he knew I was a CD, but at the same time, he had this mischevious grin on his face like he may have been a CD admirer. But the way he said it was definitely a compliment.

Barbara Ella
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Not a comment, but a great reaction. This was my forth time out fully dressed, and I was walking a mall in the afternoon in a neighboring city. Walked by a Smashbox (might have name wrong) and the SA was sitting on a stool outside the glass counter. She saw me coming, and started smiling, and when I got near enough for her to talk she started to speak, but her eyes popped open (quess why?), her mouth got big and round, and all she could say was OOhhh, as I walked by. Did build my confidence that at 30 feet, and even at 20 feet I was a potential customer to talk to, but at ten feet it was all too apparent.

Barbara

flatlander_48
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Fortunately no bad ones, but the good one was being told by a woman that I had nice legs! Works for me...

Starr
02-04-2013, 10:22 PM
i have not really had anything bad said to me yet.. my hair stylist is always talking about how great my legs look and how they look better then most womens.. i go pretty much where i want to go and have not had a bad experience yet.

Rogina B
02-04-2013, 11:03 PM
This past Saturday night I was at a bar that has a great band I enjoy often.There was an empty seat next to me a a large woman in a very pink sweatshirt asks if it was taken and plops down. The next thing I know she asks"What are you doing here?"I replied"listening to the music". Then she asks" You're a hooker,aren't you working?" "No,not tonight"..knowing I had a live one! LOL I asked why she thought I was a hooker[looking good in a nice sweaterdress] She answered" Well you're trans something,so you probably are a hooker and I don't see how you can make it in a little place like this in a town like this UNLESS you have regular customers". As you can imagine,I played her between songs the rest of the night! Not bad,just funny!

RenneB
02-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Best..... in a thrift store and another lady looking at dresses, pulls one out and turns to me "This would look so great on you hun".

Worst..... "Oh my god it's one of them" from a 20 somethin GG with one hand over her mouth and the other holding her gut in half bent over.... Yea, I bolted.

I guess it goes with the job.....of just trying to be me...

Renne.....

insearchofme
02-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Last year when I dressed for a adult prom fund raiser one of the women there told me that if you didn't look too close I kind of looked like a woman. Love it!

Beverley Sims
02-05-2013, 09:35 AM
My best and worst have both been from the wife while out.
Best; "I have been looking for you for about ten minutes, I forgot you were dressed." She had been looking for the male me and did not recognize me instantly.
Worst; "You look like an old dragon in that skirt, go in and get a pair of jeans and another top."
The skirt made me look plump and dowdy, along with the top. A slim pair of jeans and tight fitting top improved my appearance no end.

Leslie Langford
02-05-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't know if this constitutes the best or worst remark (or a combination of both ;)), but I was en route to a downtown event last year, which was actually, the Toronto leg of the America's Next Top Model multi-city tour featuring former transgender contestant Isis King.

I was in full "Leslie" mode, and as I was walking from the parking lot to the convention center where this event was taking place, I had to pass by a bar where a number of male patrons were gathered about outside having a quick smoke.

As I approached, all of them them gave me a quick once-over, and one of them asked me rhetorically with a sly - yet approving - smile "Will you marry me"? Despite being taken aback by this unexpected reaction I smiled back, muttered something non-committal, and hurried on past.

I admit - I had to chuckle inwardly as I relished this back-handed compliment, but it was also not lost on me that alcohol might have been involved here...:eek: :heehee:

Veronnie2
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
This brings back a memory. When my wife was still alive, she made a comment to me about the attire I was wearing, "that outfit makes you look like a wanabee drag queen." We are not going out with you dressed like that. She picked out something else for me to wear, and after I changed, she said, now that is what Veronnica is supposed to look like. Out we went, and I recieved many compliments from men and ladies at the lounge we were at. I was sure glad I listened to her. Veronnie2

JackieInPA
02-05-2013, 11:03 AM
I have had very few bad experiences...but the worst was I was at a local mall and as I walked past the guy working one of the mall kiosks yelled "Hey faggot!" I ignored him, didnt even blink but he continued to yell as I walked away "Yeah you faggot I'm talking to you!!! You're a f'ing disgrace to men everywhere!" I found the las bit to be really ironic considering the spectacle he was making.

The best is when I just get a simple Ma'am or what can i get you ladies or hello girls when i am out and about alone or with my wife in just my everyday look which is very fem and I havent really done anything special.

Memzy
02-05-2013, 11:40 AM
When ever I go out with friends, even when I'm not completely obviously dressed, I always get called a lady.

My worst: "that's a hot tomboy" I found that amusing.

Lorileah
02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
one of them asked me rhetorically with a sly - yet approving - smile "Will you marry me"?

"Are you rich and will your wife mind?" would be my answer

Nikki A.
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Best: "I'm jealous, You're better with makeup than me" more than once. I even had one woman look up close for the blending line. Funny thing is that I always think it looks horrible.
Worst: One day when I thought I nailed it. I'm walking into a diner and an older gent holds the door for me and says "After you Sir". Well that burst my aura of invincibility.

Kerigirl2009
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Hmmm My best comment I can remember was I was sitting at the bar, chatting with a lady and she said I had lovely eyes, I said Thank you and smiled, she then asked me when I completed my transition to becoming a woman, I smailed again and told her that I have not even started yet but hope to someday soon. She didnt believe that I was not on hormones, then said " well when you do decide to be you, you will be a gorgeous woman for sure" again I smiled, but really big.

My worst comment comes from my wife, she said if I continue with the hormones that its over, and she will hate me, doesnt get much worse then that I think

Allison Chaynes
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Best- at a Goodwill, the cashier said "That dress will look wonderful on whoever you bought it for (wink)"

Worst- Salvation Army cashier- Are you sure this bikini will fit you? (yelled as she took her time ringing me up)

Sarah Doepner
02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Best? There have been a few times I've been complimented or referred to with a feminine pronoun. Those always float me a few feet above the ground for a while.

Worst? On a tour I was first in line and the Tour guide asked the rest of the group to "follow the gentleman".

Kate Simmons
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Never got any bad comments (to my face anyway). The other comments I've received over the years range from "You look nice" to "You look fantastic" to "You are a Princess." No doubt in my mind that for most of these folks (guys mostly) it was the alcohol talking plus what they no doubt wanted. All in a day's (or night's) work anyway. ;):heehee::)

AllieSF
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Rachael Sloane and I were out eating at a fine San Francisco restaurant and a nice couple sat down next to us. We eventually, as always, got into a very good conversation with them. The wife said to our surprise, "At first, I really thought that you were two women, ....... until I heard you speak." I guess that one occasion satisfies the OP's question quite easily!

Genifer Teal
02-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Not sure about absolute best but 2 most recent good ones from this past weekend. At a dance club in NYC sat nite. My friend knows all the servers there. As she is talking to one, the girl asks if she saw the really tall girl there that night (me). My friend introduced us later and she still only saw me as a woman. She hardly believed otherwise when my friend told her about me.

The other compliment was from a somewhat drunk guy at a superbowl party who was quite enamored by me. He didn't know what to make of me. We chatted a moment. He asked me some personal questions - too personal, but I gave him an answer. The he asked, what do I call you? He couldn't bring himself to call me Genifer, so he decided on my (first and middle) initials, GE - because my smile lit up the room. :-)

Not necessarily the worst comment, but the funniest (so I thought) rude comment was shouted over the crowd at me while walking down the main corridor of Penn Station. "Look, it's a dude bitch!" As rude as it was, I was amused by it's uniqueness and how ridiculous it was. I just smiled and kept on my way.

Stephanie47
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
All my public contacts have been made on Halloween.

The best was a compliment by a saleswoman at a Winchell's Doughnut Shop who told me I looked nice. She meant it.

The worst in a Safeway was hysterical laughter from a guy who was probably on the way to having too many beers.

Lorileah
02-05-2013, 06:38 PM
The worst in a Safeway was hysterical laughter from a guy who was probably on the way to having too many beers.

Maybe it is grocery stores or something. I posted last summer about the woman who looked at me and said "You are absolutely hysterical" I think it was the worst comment I had for awhile because I rarely get bad comments. Maybe the best was a woman I didn't know who asked me "How far into transition are you?" When I said I wasn't she said "you should".

Jeanna
02-05-2013, 07:05 PM
The best and worst in one question. A cosmetician asked me "You look beautiful are you transitioning?"

LeannL
02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
This is a tough question to answer. Not because I don't receive comments (mainly from the community) that are positive. The most recent from a GG who said that my outfit was perfect.

In reality though, the best comment I received was when I was read! I was at an "Old Country Buffet" after going to church one Sunday. I knew I was read as soon as I walked in. When I left, I walked out the door and on my way to the car, a young lady who worked there came out and gave me a hug. She thanked me for having the courage to be who I was. It still makes my eyes water some times when I think about it. We need more people like her in the world.

The worst comments are probably the two guys who were hitting on me. One on my way to my hotel room after an evening at TCNE last month. The other on the NYC subway in Penn Station as I was moving between trains.

Leann

I Am Paula
02-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Best: 'You always looks so well turned out and stylish.'
Worst: 'I wouldn't even bang you drunk' (good news...he was drunk...and he didn't try to bang me). :-) Celeste

jjjjohanne
02-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Pro: "You have pretty legs."
Con: Two 20 something girls who were employees standing at the entrance of Lady Foot Locker laughed loudly at me as I walked by.

Paula T
02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Best one is when a saleslady said to me while shopping one night "its nice to see a gal dressed up for a change while shopping" I suppose the worst is at the bar we go to when a drunk gal said you people are all ugly. But she did mean all of us there and there were quite a few gurls there.

Ceri Anne
02-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Best was in a coffee shop when a lady walking out with her husband leaned over and in a low voice said "your done up really
nice" and the worse was sitting in a food court in the mall minding my own business when a fat lady in a one size fits all pair of stretch pants she must have found in the hippo section of the zoo stops in front of me puts her hands on her hips and in a very loud voice hollers"well ain't that cute,look it's a guy"

I would have had to respond "OMG, a walrus!"

Anyway, just last week i walked out of the elevator at my hotel wearing a bikini and coverup and two "rural" guys were waiting to get on. As I started down the hall I heard "We must be on the freak floor" I didn't let it bother me, but thats really the only negative comment I've actually heard.

Good ones, I've had a number of people complement me on how well i dressed, always a good feeling.

Carol A
02-06-2013, 07:28 AM
The worst thing every said to me was "please leave my store as I don't approve of your kind".
The best thing said to me was a sales lady in JCPennys said to me," you know for a man you do make a very nice looking women".