PDA

View Full Version : Want to do something special

Stevie
02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I want to do something nice for my wife this valentines days to make her feel special and show her how much I love her. Since I told her even though she disagrees with me dressing she has still stuck be me and has shown that she still loves me. We agreed not to do anything this valentines day but it is because of schedule conflicts. I am not that creative so I was looking for ideas to make her feel special.
We already told each other no cards or flowers. So I need to come up with another idea.

AllieSF
02-04-2013, 05:43 PM
How about you cook her a great dinner at home, set the table with the fine china, candles and cloth napkins, make or purchase her favorite dessert, clean up afterward and maybe toast St. Valentine's Day with some inexpensive, or expensive champagne?

Karren H
02-04-2013, 05:59 PM
If you have already agreed to not do something then don't do something else she will get pissed off..... just call her unexpectedly and tell her you love her.....

Stephanie Miller
02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Karen has a point, but I also understand your desire.
Maybe if you got two tickets to a play or something real nice for a date in the future when there is not a schedule conflict. Let her know it will be a special night for BOTH of you. Of course it will be special for her, because you intend it to be. She gets to dress up for dinner and a play and you have a clean shirt and all :D ( Just kidding.)
Just make it a romantice night for the husband and wife she signed up for.
How she gonna get mad at that?

Stevie
02-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Karen she won't be mad unless I go overboard. I just want to do something simple but special. I cooked dinner tonight already and saw how much she liked it. Just trying to show her how much I love her in hope she may accept me for who I am. I would love to cook for her in a maids outfit but that is out of the question right now. I am trying to that it slow.

famousunknown
02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I would love to cook for her in a maids outfit

Only do that if you want to make her mad as hell. Take her out for dinner for valentine's day but don't let it involve ANY part of Cd-ing.

franlee
02-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Maybe the KISS priciple would be best. I have found a nice lenghty letter filled with nice things about her and what you love about her get's me alot further than any card, candy or gifts. Especially if I take the time to do some cartoon or drawing to cap it off, sometimes funny and sometimes a little mussy, what ever I'm inspired to do at the time.

anna kate
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
A loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and thine...

ClosetED
02-04-2013, 08:01 PM
A poem, a love letter, photo collection of special moments, song playlist, jokes, a trail of love notes that she has to hunt down from clue to clue. At the end, you in a tool belt or lumberjack shirt and nothing else but cologne ...

Diana Bain
02-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I understand the sentiment behind "Valentine's Day"...I became engaged on VD my future first wife...who had no room for me as a CD. With that said, do you really need that day to tell her how much you care and love her...what about the other 364 day's available...IMHO:)

Tracii G
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I think the letter idea is more personal or the notes here and there are good too.
Maybe a poem in the letter saying how much she means to you.
Things like that mean more than anything you could get her. YMMV

Karren H
02-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Karen she won't be mad unless I go overboard. I just want to do something simple but special. I cooked dinner tonight already and saw how much she liked it. Just trying to show her how much I love her in hope she may accept me for who I am. I would love to cook for her in a maids outfit but that is out of the question right now. I am trying to that it slow.

No.. I still don't agree....... going back on an agreement just reinforces the fact that you can keep your word or lied about the agreement..... according to my dear wife.....

Marleena
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Just buy her some sexy lingerie that'll fit you.:D

Just kidding... I agree with a nice dinner and nothing to do with CDing. It's not the day for reminders!

flatlander_48
02-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I think the letter idea is more personal or the notes here and there are good too.
Maybe a poem in the letter saying how much she means to you.
Things like that mean more than anything you could get her. YMMV

Should be Hand Written!!

Jenni Yumiko
02-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Picasso . Com photo book! Custom m and ms

Beverley Sims
02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Just dress in drab and cook another meal on Valentines day.

Stevie
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks Karren today she bragged about my cooking so I will cook something special for her and try to write a letter. The only way I would dress in anything is if she was ok with it. I want to do the right thing and take it slow.

Miranda09
02-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Don't forget to not only cook the meal, but make the proper presentation......set mood.......low lights, candlelight........the right music (you know, AC/DC, Queen, KISS....the standards!!! OK, you can throw in a little Pat Boone...but only one song!!!!!!!!!! :D) And just remember what romance is all about!!! :)

Paulette
02-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I agree on the dinner ans clean up while she relaxes. I also like little notes which do not cost anything put your time to write them out. I like to leave one on top of her panties so she finds it first thing in the morning, I then drop one in her purse and tuck one her wallet. Finding little notes expressing my love for her brings a smile to her face and because it is all free the family budget dose not take a hit. I also like to text a sweet message every so often to say I am thinking of her. All of these things and a couple bouquets of super market flowers (usually less than $10.00) every so often has kept her happy for over 42 years.

Rachelakld
02-09-2013, 12:45 AM
And after dinner, wine, chocolates, candles, aroma oils etc, a nice foot massage? - and try to keep the TV turned off.