PDA

View Full Version : For all of You Contemplating SRS - Do I have News For YOU!

Traci Elizabeth
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
As many of you know, I had my SRS done by Dr.C. In Bangkok on October 11th.

Well TODAY I had my FIRST GYN appointment for a vaginal exam. I have been going to this doctor for several years now and we have established a close friendship and she has always shot straight with me. So when she tells me something, you can take it to the bank.

Well after going over my blood work from the prior Monday that I had done, going over all my medications, and talking about exercises, diet, and the like, it was TIME.

I was not nervous whatsoever and dropped my skirt and panties and hopped up on the table. She pulled the stirrups up into position and had me slide down to the end of the table. She then places each of my feet into the stirrups and lifted the paper sheet that was covering my female genitalia and placed it up over my knees. SO there I was spread wide open she pulled back my clitoral hood, examined my clitoris then check it for sensitivity. I almost flew off the table. It was that arousing. She then went over the tissue between my clitoris and my urethra and that too was so sensitive that I dare not tell here. Then she examined my vagina.

When she finished she knocked me off my feet when she said:

Traci, I am totally amazed and shocked. Your surgeon did an unbelievably phenomenal reconstruction. Your genitalia are identical to any normal woman's.

She was just so surprised and amazed. She told me, Traci, you have nothing to worry about any doctor who sees your genitalia would never guess that you are anything but a natal woman.

I was so happy. I had tears of joy in my eyes and I felt "legitimized!"

We then went on to talk about my orgasms and she was surprised at how fast I can get them and the number I have one right after the other. She was really happy to hear that and she told me many women can not have/reach an orgasm.

Then we went on and talked about sexual positions and how I need to just experiment to find what is right for me.

I had a 30 minute appointment yet it lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. When it was over she gave me the biggest hug and told me how happy she was for me.

I left her office with tears in my eyes and a tremendous inner peace and tingly feeling I think I have ever had.

So despite the complications I had (which is a rare occurrence) I will be forever grateful to Dr. C. for having the skill and knowledge to make me "whole, complete, and congruent!"

I could not of had a better day and I am thankful that is was MY doctor who did my first exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle I
02-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I am sure you are walking on cloud 9, that sounds so wonderful for you. Congratulations.

AllieSF
02-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Thank you for such an uplifting story. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

Emjay
02-05-2013, 12:31 AM
That's sooooo awesome, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Eryn
02-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Traci, that is great news! Nothing like getting the seal of approval from someone who knows the "territory" so well!

Hugs, Eryn

Jorja
02-05-2013, 01:02 AM
What, you didn't think you were going to get what you paid for? ;)

I am so glad things have worked out so well for you. Now that you have the stamp of approval, get on with living life the way you have always known it should be.

Ashley_ept
02-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Congradulations!!!!
That is so amazing!!!
I am so happy for you sweetie!!!

Persephone
02-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Awesome, Traci!

So great to read your post!

Hugs,
Persephone.

josee
02-05-2013, 04:20 AM
That is great to hear! So happy for you. Very encouraging for the future as well.

Beverley Sims
02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
What I think is great is there appears to be no nerve damage or scar tissue upsetting the system.
You are very fortunate, good luck.

Nigella
02-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Dreams do come true :hugs:

Traci Elizabeth
02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Dreams do come true :hugs:

YES! Dreams indeed do come true. They did for me and they can for any of you gals.

Leanne2
02-05-2013, 03:33 PM
I am so happy for you Traci! You deserve the best after all the pain and grief that you went through. Now get busy living the rest of your life. Before long you will forget all about us and that is OK........Leanne

Traci Elizabeth
02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
What, you didn't think you were going to get what you paid for? ;)

I am so glad things have worked out so well for you. Now that you have the stamp of approval, get on with living life the way you have always known it should be.

I really like Jorja's response especially her last sentence.

FurPus63
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Awesome! I'm so happy for you. Obviously I look forward to the day when I can have the same outcome. That is so cool. I read what you went through post surgery and this is really a blessing for you! Congats!

Paulette

melissaK
02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
::big smile:: Sweetie! How wonderful!

joanne2b
02-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Really good to read that you have made it, just gives me and others the will to look foreward to the future despite all of the setbacks..enjoy.

CharleneT
02-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Congrats and big old hugs for you ;)

silverfurret
02-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Congrads :D
I've heard that thailand does amazing work, it's just the risk of getting stuck there is something goes wrong (a family friend had a heart attack in england and was stuck there for 2 months before a doctor would allow him to board a plane). But anyways that really reasuring to hear from a gyno, not just a family doctor :)

ps An exciting scientific discovery is that they can give donor uterus to a trans woman with out needing rejection medicine, the gap between post op trans women and GGs is closing fast

edit: this is on the horizon, not possible right now, I was over excited when I made this claim

Tammy V
02-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Very inspiring story and I am so happy for you!

CharleneT
02-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Congrads :D

ps An exciting scientific discovery is that they can give donor uterus to a trans woman with out needing rejection medicine, the gap between post op trans women and GGs is closing fast

Do you happen to have any reference about this ? Uterine transplant is considered a fairly far off possibility for genetic women, let alone trans ? I'm most curious about the lack of need for tissue rejection ( a problem that haunts all transplants ).

silverfurret
02-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Do you happen to have any reference about this ? Uterine transplant is considered a fairly far off possibility for genetic women, let alone trans ? I'm most curious about the lack of need for tissue rejection ( a problem that haunts all transplants ).

this specifitically refers to genetic women so I'll admit I was a little over excited when I stated it being possible when I should I said it's on the horizon
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/01/womb-transplant-woman-cou_n_2391934.html

From what I understand is that you can put the new host's dna in the uterus and it becomes a match

Jennifer Marie P.
02-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Thats wonderful and Im happy for you.

Shareecd
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Ms Post-Op
Ha Ha!! I had the same experience too when I visited my uro-gynecologist. I was so nervous and wanted someone to go with me but I thought well you just have to face it and see how it turns out. I had my SRS at Dr. M and have not had my labioplasty yet. When she asked me to pull down my slacks I just cringed. Then she had me on the table and I just laid there hoping she would make some positive observation. Since I was the first transgender woman she had ever examined she took a good look at the work done by Dr M. Finally she looked at me and smiled and said. Jacqui I am so impressed with the way your surgery has turned out. I would have really never known the difference if it wasn't for having to change your name on the records during this visit. I don't remember my feet touching the ground on the way out of the office building. So comforting to know this Ms Post I do so agree.

Jacqui

Traci Elizabeth
02-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Jacqui

I know isn't it great! She told me that my genitalia was indistinguishable from any other woman's!