PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you as a transgendet?

missmars
02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
In some categorization,cissexual crossdresser categorized transgender. But I dont think I am transgender.

Aylineira
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
For me, I don't consider myself as a transgendered person. I love the fact that I am male as well as having the ability to enjoy the feminine things.

Lorileah
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
missmars, the word Transgender is an inclusive word that covers all aspects of anyone who presents at sometime (assume on a regular basis and not just once) as the gender opposite of their birth gender. This is a huge umbrella. Transgender is not the same as transsexual which is a person who in born into the wrong gender body as to how they identify.

missmars
02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I kow it. But I dont think crossdressing as third gender.

Lorileah
02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
No one said it was a third gender. It is under the transgender umbrella. It does not state anything about being a separate gender. Don't let people confuse you about TG being similar or the same as TS. It is an all inclusive term. If you are a male who just likes to wear the clothes you are a TG even if you never change sex or even live as a female (or male for the Ftm's)

Beverley Sims
02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Maybe I will have to decide and put a label on myself one day.
I am still happy being me, but I see this type of question about categorising ones self more often.

Tracii G
02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Who needs a category?

ReineD
02-06-2013, 11:14 PM
In some categorization,cissexual crossdresser categorized transgender. But I dont think I am transgender.

Why don't you instead tell us how you DO feel. Not what you call it so much as what the crossdressing means to you and how it makes you feel. Do you dress for fetish or is it sexual for you? Do you just put on the clothes or do you like to put on makeup and look pretty? Or do you like to present in an androgynous manner? There are many different ways that people crossdress and also it evolves over time.

Different people use the term "transgender" for different states of being. Some transsexuals use it to describe themselves, and some non-fetish crossdressers use it to describe themselves as well.

Most people use the term "transgender" as an umbrella term for anyone who engages is cross-gender behavior, which includes crossdressing. So describing oneself as a transgender is not very descriptive.

NathalieX66
02-06-2013, 11:36 PM
I sure the he££ ain't cisgenderd.
Nor do I fit the gender binary. Most people fit the gender binary. Transsexuals also fit the gender binary, but it just happens to be the opposite gender that they're born with.

Frédérique
02-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Most people use the term "transgender" as an umbrella term for anyone who engages is cross-gender behavior, which includes crossdressing. So describing oneself as a transgender is not very descriptive.

Gee, we really should...DISCUSS... this sometime...:heehee:

ReineD
02-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Gee, we really should...DISCUSS... this sometime...:heehee:

LOL. If there was such a thing as a peace pipe or olive branch smilie, I'd post it.

:hugs:

Michelle (Oz)
02-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Sometimes it would be nice to have a label for behaviour - particularly a well understood and acceptable descriptor. It seems evident to me that 'crossdresser' is the least understood of transgendered labels. Does 'transgendered' work? In some ways it has less stygmatism but the end of the day it is only how I feel about myself that matters to me.

BillieJoEllen
02-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I was ecstatic when I first heard the word transvestite because out there, there were other people like me! I had been thinking suicidal thoughts until then. This was back in the mid sixties. Somnetime in the late seventies or early eighties I heard the term 'crossdresser' for the first time. That became the term that I embrace. However I don't really consider myself to be TS,
(although I fit that description), a CDer (fit that one too), or a TV. Biologically I am a male but in my mind I am a woman.

I will let anyone else define me whichever way they feel good about.

EllieOPKS
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't think of myself as transgender but maybe I am. When I dress up, I want to be all girl as much as I can be in all aspects, physical, appearance, mannerisms, sexually and when I am in drab I feel all boy - in every aspect. I guess I will have to wait until they have a surgery where you can plug and unplug the 2 different styles.