PDA

View Full Version : Self Help Books on Cross Dressing

Trysha
02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone had ever read the book "From Masculine To Feminine,
And All Points In Between" by Jennifer Anne Stevens. It was published in 1990,
and it is an excellent book written on everything related to cross dressing, and
transitioning to live full time as a woman. The beginning of the book has a great section on definitions of terms, and commonly used language in the cross dressing community which gave me alot of insight into how to understand what a trans gendered person is. I am curious what other self help books on cross dressing
others have read that they were impressed with, as I know there are several
available.

Beverley Sims
02-07-2013, 12:56 PM
I have seen Masculine to Feminine in a bookshop in Castro, I started to look at it and the SA in the shop said they did not cater for "straights" in their shop.
I was dressed androgynously but the wife looked straight.
I then left and told the odd looking person to stick it.
I was ready to have a chat and ask for other books, the shop looked interesting.

Kate Simmons
02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I find it odd that someone acted that way Bev.

outhiking
02-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Good for you for walking out Beverly. Why in the world someone would toss away a sale like that is beyond me.

mikiSJ
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I find it odd that someone acted that way Bev.

The politics of the SF gay community and specifically the gay Castro district are sometimes, uh, let's say, unpredictable.

Beverley Sims
02-08-2013, 01:15 AM
I later visited the museum and spoke to them about it as I was surprised and a little miffed by the treatment.
The reason the person was odd was the reaction to me.
Dress code was normal for the area.
Their comment was that XXX was having an off day or mistook me for someone trolling around the shop as an interloper.
I have found it easy to strike up conversations with people as long as you do not ask questions straight away.
This excludes directions on where some feature or attraction is.