PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the Real Me

Camille15
02-07-2013, 12:37 AM
I've always had blond wigs, b/c that's what was readily available at Halloween and in costume shops. I finally bought a more quality blond wig a few months ago, and love it (Keke shop on Etsy). But others on this forum encouraged me to try my natural color, brown. I followed their advice, and it arrived today. I was so excited, and had a couple hours this evening to try it on.

Looking at myself in the mirror in it, it feels much more natural. The blond is fun, but this looks like my own hair. Like an extension of myself. I didn't even notice when the wig got pulled up my scalp from brushing, and my natural hair was sticking out a bit.

I felt like I was now getting to see the "real me", if I had been born a girl. It feels wonderful and completing, and I only hope I continue to have great new experiences like this as I continue to explore my feminine side through CD'ing.

Naturally I had to try it with every outfit I own, so it turned into a 30 minute check into a 2 hour fashion show. No pics for now, but I will post some eventually (face blurred, as I always do). I am working from home Friday, and hope to do most of it en femme with my new look. Hoping for a peaceful and relaxing day as Camille.

Love,
Camille

AllieSF
02-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Thanks for sharing. I think that the more natural color, especially when it is close to your own hair's color works the best. However, some people here and elsewhere can really pull off the extreme colors. I just wish that I could sometimes when I am feeling more adventurous.

linda allen
02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
I bought a dark brown wig to match the color my hair used to be (it's mostly grey now). I think it's best to try to look natural. Dark skin and blonde hair cries out "wig" or "bleach".

Beverley Sims
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Like Linda a wig to suit.
In my case I look horrific in a dark wig.
It is always blond for me.
I am lucky.
I like blond.