PDA

View Full Version : What's the appropriate CD outfit for shoveling snow?

Deedee Skyblue
02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't think I have any situational appropriate attire for the debut of Nemo. All you gurls in the Northeast, be safe this weekend!

Deedee

Angela Campbell
02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
A lady would wear a nice sweater and tights, of course would also be inside watching a man shovel the snow as she looks through the window.

SarahLynn
02-07-2013, 08:08 PM
This girl wears the appropriate underthings, including winterweight hose, over that some heavy pants and a warm blouse, followed by warm boots and a light coat. Appropriate head gear, because my ears are prone to frostbite, and a light weight coat. It is very bad to sweat in the cold. Your best bet is to work hard but keep the sweat, down.

SarahLynn

docrobbysherry
02-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't shovel snow in drab! Neither would my dad. That's why we moved to SoCal a million years ago!

Jodi Anne
02-07-2013, 08:21 PM
A snow bunny would go nicely.

flatlander_48
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
A lady would wear a nice sweater and tights, of course would also be inside watching a man shovel the snow as she looks through the window.

Yes, but that would be watching myself. Ooooo, Freaky.....

sometimes_miss
02-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Same as for men. Something warm. Boots that have treads to grip the snow. Gloves so you don't get blisters doing all that shoveling. In my experience, the women I've been with have worn basic underwear, jeans/sweats, socks, not stockings, sturdy boots, sweatshirt/flannel shirt, coat, sometimes a cute hat, but nothing hanging from the hat because it gets caught in the shovel handle. Does that help?

Persephone
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/SnowShoveling_zpse2122b62.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/SnowShovels_zps145af26a.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tammy Nowakowski
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
I'll go with carhearts and snow blower and my ipod and some good traction boots
it is snow here we have 5+ inches
tammy

Ceri Anne
02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm thinking a nice fleese headband, fleese jacket, heavy leggins and uggs. I like the snow bunny look

ChelseyD
02-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I wear my hunter orange one piece winter coverall while I use the snow blower.

Rocker Chick
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Definitely my Doc Martens.

Beverley Sims
02-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Whatever keeps you warm.
A pink shovel is a must.

Crissy Kay
02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I am afraid its back to drab for this girl!!

noeleena
02-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi,

Being a woman , i have my ski bib overalls a lined jacket our son gave me my wool'e hat & work snowboots & thick socks & gloves , plus i have worn those in the snow here & around our Vilage, for myself i dress for the weather,

...noeleena...

Nikki50/50
02-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Not sure the driveway and/or sidewalk is going to critique your attire. So I recommend boots, longjohns, thick wool socks, heavy coat, gloves, and either a hood (if the coat has one), or a good hat.
PS I know what you were really asking...just not sure about the practicality of it...?
I do not mean to offend by being so forward, it's my nature to be direct.

vivianann
02-08-2013, 03:33 AM
I have shoveled snow in a sweater dress with pantyhose, and wearing waffle stompers for traction. sweater dresses are quite warm, and the wig keeps your head and ears warm.

Tamara Croft
02-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Some of the questions I see asked on here make me :rolleyes: but this... lol... seriously?? Do you want to hear how women get their best dress and heels on to shovel snow?? Come on, let's be realistic, women shovel snow wearing warm clothes, jeans, thick trousers/pants, a warm jumper, coat, gloves, hat, scarf... it's not dress up, it's keep warm and hurry up!! :)

AllieSF
02-08-2013, 04:16 AM
How about fishnets, strappy heels, short tight skirt, warm turtleneck top and a nice fur coat?

Deedee Skyblue
02-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Some of the questions I see asked on here make me :rolleyes: but this... lol... seriously?? Do you want to hear how women get their best dress and heels on to shovel snow?? Come on, let's be realistic, women shovel snow wearing warm clothes, jeans, thick trousers/pants, a warm jumper, coat, gloves, hat, scarf... it's not dress up, it's keep warm and hurry up!! :)

Hi, Tamara, it was strictly a humorous question... I feel as if shoveling is more a guy thing. Just wondering what gurls who are pretty much full time do when they have to shovel snow. I hate sweating in my feminine clothes, so I will go back to drab clothes all the way to the skin, and cover up with my snowmobile suit, if this storm is anything like it is supposed to be.

Deedee

BillieJoEllen
02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Seems like whenever my wife is away during the winter months it always snows a lot and I have to go shovel it. Of course not being able to dress very often I have to take my dress off and I then put on a woman's pants and sweater. I also put on my drab snow boots. And I have a stocking hat thats not too femme. Then its out to shovel. It is a strange sensation shoveling like that such as I experienced last night.

Lorileah
02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I prefer solar snow removal personally

rita63
02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I moved to a condo, I'm too old to shovel any more.

hugs rita

Veronnie2
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Easy for me....give the neighbor kid a few bucks and let him do it while you watch from your window.....dressed of course...veronnie2

Jorja
02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Easy for me....give the neighbor kid a few bucks and let him do it while you watch from your window.....dressed of course...veronnie2

Don't forget the hot chocolate to sip on while watching. ;)

CynthiaD
02-08-2013, 04:46 PM
How about a string bikini and a plane ticket to Florida?

anna kate
02-08-2013, 05:12 PM
I wear a medium weight jacket, girly jeans and boots. Then I climb onto my tractor with heated cab. Plow right up to the back door. If I can't move it with the tractor, I wait for it to melt.

ArleneRaquel
02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Fleece coat, gloves, I love black winter gloves, twill pants, with pantyhose underneath, boots with heels, solid wool put down cap. Then I shoveled enfemme I also wore prescription sunglasses, oversized, if it was sunny, otherwise just plain prescription glasses, female of course. I no longer shovel.

Angie G
02-08-2013, 06:04 PM
I'd go with the kid down the street.:hugs:
Angie

Frédérique
02-08-2013, 11:40 PM
What's the appropriate CD outfit for shoveling snow?
Stay inside and let the MEN do it! Use your newfound position of superiority! :heehee:

Seriously, I used to live “near Boston,” just like you, so I KNOW what you’ll be going through the next few days. I used to live on a farm with a LONG driveway (in Hingham), and I spent a lot of time digging out after snowstorms and blizzards. Here in Kansas, we might get a couple of inches of snow now and then, and that is considered a “major” snowstorm by the locals...
:eek:

Deedee Skyblue
02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, I don't think of shoveling snow as something feminine, so I put on guy clothes and shoveled. I haven't seen snow like this in many years. But I have to say, even drab, I enjoy shoveling. It is a well defined job, you can see positive results as you go along, there is a well defined end, and while I'm shoveling, I'm not worried that there is something else I really ought to be doing instead.

The high tide is now in the past, and apparently the worst of the storm has passed - though it is still hitting Cape Cod and the surrounding area pretty hard. I feel very lucky - and now I can take a shower, wash off the icky guy sweat, and put on something more appropriate.

Deedee :feeling very lucky:

Beverley Sims
02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
How about a string bikini and a plane ticket to Florida?

At least you can wear high heels without getting your feet cold down there.

annecwesley
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
A long full wool skirt with a long slip over pantyhose, and pettipants if I need extra insulation. The right skirt and underthings are the best winter wear available.

Cary
02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Ladies UnderArmer or ladies longjohn(longjanes) under a sweater and jeans with socks and boots. All topped off with a nice coat, hat and gloves.

Loveday
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Knee high 4 inch heel boots, tights or leggings, bib carhearts, any top, any coat that is warm and a knit stocking hat and long knit gloves for me. A month and half ago while up in Makinaw, MI I thought about shoveling the drive up there in a very short zebra print mini skirt but could not think of how to get a picture of it.

suchacutie
02-10-2013, 06:40 PM
My purple and black ski suit (one piece) works for either gender! It's all in the accessories! :)

Michelle M
02-10-2013, 08:40 PM
A sweater and wool skirt, and a wooden spoon to stir the hot cocoa. Have cookies baking in the oven. Chocolate chip.
Take care of the boys in the neighborhood, and you're driveway will always be clean.

RADER
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
First thing; You do not shovel snow, you plow it.
Now I sit in the cab of my Tahoe, push a few buttons, and drive the truck.
It Works great, Kind of like driving a mini Bull-Dozer.
All while dressed, listing to your favorite radio station, and a sip of a warm
beverage.
Rader

AllieSF
02-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I bet a lot of people in the northeast could use one of these, "THE YOOPER SCOOPER". Made famous in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (UP)' Someone from that area is sometimes referred to a "Yooper" (UPer).

Here is a link for more pics. https://www.google.com/search?q=yooper+scooper&hl=en&tbo=u&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSND_enUS401US402&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=hWUYUb64A-fdigK0lIGgBg&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=845

Here is a pic of one.

Karren you definitely remember these simple wonders of the ancient world??

Sarah V
02-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Warmy clothes for starters. How 'bout a nice turtle neck and ski sweater, both of which can show off your cleavage to its fullest. Then tights, and over them bright pink or subdued pink ski bib pants.

Kalista Jameson
02-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Well, if I were going to shovel snow in TGirl gear, I'd go for a hot pink snow suit. No lie. Be cute and stay warm.

Cheers,

Kalista

Carol Elizabeth
02-17-2013, 08:16 AM
What to wear, what to wear? After one recent snowfall (only about 4 inches) I was up early and cleared the sidewalk and most of the drive until the cold and heat started to get to me. (Cold - breathing in and windy//\\ Heat - body working hard removing snow.) Outfit, boots and jeans. After getting rid of the wet clothing from body sweat and blowing snow I chose to slip into a calf length denim skirt, hose, sweater, to relax a bit. Mid-morning, I noticed the snow had stopped, wind had died down, sun was out, so I thought I'd clear my deck. Additional clothing included knee high boots and a jacket, hat and dry gloves. It wasn't any colder shoveling in a skirt than it was pants. I finished the deck and started on the last part of the drive way before I realized that I was outside, in broad daylight and wearing a skirt. Whoops. Oh well, the neighbors were at work, so I finished the little bit that I hadn't done early in the morning. Then it was back into the house, removal of the now damp clothes, into the shower and back into a fem outfit to sit and look out at the beauty of nature.

The simple point is that if it isn't too windy, a skirt is fine for snow removal. The work of shoveling snow is more than enough to keep one warm.

Asche
02-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Is this a trick question?

I wear for shoveling pretty much what I always wear for physical activity in cold weather: tights, calf-length or ankle-length skirt (not so long it drags in the snow), maybe a petticoat for warmth, boots or clogs, and a jacket (not so warm I get soaked from sweat.)

Jenni Yumiko
02-17-2013, 12:17 PM
None. Send the kids out and have them do it :-)

Dana L
02-17-2013, 12:32 PM
How about a fur bra and panties??? Seriuosly though I've found a spandex unitard under my warm clothes keeps me realy warm but yet wicks the moisture away so you don't get sweaty. Under armor work well too.

Beverley Sims
02-17-2013, 12:37 PM
My prize goes to..... A string bikina and a ticket to Florida.
It's been a good thread of suggestions.

Paula T
02-17-2013, 02:13 PM
My Carhart bib overalls and a warm jacket and a clean seat on my skidloader. I hate shoveling even than when I was a kid.:(

ArleneRaquel
02-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Another lovely addition to your shoveling outfit are oversized, my favorite cat's eye, glasses, sunglasses if they are appropiate.

JenniferR771
02-17-2013, 02:59 PM
How about this outfit?
Snow caused problems with my hair. Sigh.
Camera was sitting on top of my car.

Deedee Skyblue
02-17-2013, 06:23 PM
We got another 6 inches today. All the nice paths I shoveled last week are now filled up again. I'll look for my fur bikini when I shovel out tomorrow. Thanks for all the fun replies!

Deedee ;)

I Am Paula
02-17-2013, 11:46 PM
My technique. Works every time. I live in a rural area. I put on fur boots, leggings, a big sweater, a knit beret, and some pink wayfarers. The secret ingredient....my biggest boobs. I stand at the end of my driveway with a shovel. Within five minutes a pickup with a blade on it stops and offers to do my drive. I always thank them and blow them a kiss. -Celeste

Rogina B
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
My technique. Works every time. I live in a rural area. I put on fur boots, leggings, a big sweater, a knit beret, and some pink wayfarers. The secret ingredient....my biggest boobs. I stand at the end of my driveway with a shovel. Within five minutes a pickup with a blade on it stops and offers to do my drive. I always thank them and blow them a kiss. -Celeste
The power of the "pussycat" gets the boys to do it every time!