PDA

View Full Version : My brother knows about my husband.

KatieGG
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
My brother is in visiting from Seattle for two weeks, and my husband decided it would be easier to tell him than to keep things hidden or have my brother find something. After the inital shock he didn't really seem bothered or even fazed by it. We knew he would be accepting as he is generally very open minded about pretty much everything. It is nice having someone else that knows about it, although a little weird since my and one of our friends were the only people that new for 6 years. I don't think the hubby or my bro bro thought it was weird, they spent the night drinking and acting like a couple of frat guys, needless to say I had to take care of both of them today LOL

Kim_Bitzflick
02-07-2013, 09:29 PM
That's great that your husband has a guy he can hang with like a Frat boy who knows and accepts him. And good for you for supporting him all these years.

Barbara Ella
02-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Kudos to your brother for being so accepting. And double Kudos to you for taking care of them. Wait a minute, that could be taken another much more dastardly sinister way. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, or women?

Barbara

Mimi
02-07-2013, 09:59 PM
That's great! I think it makes things so much easier when you can tell someone, and you know they will be supportive.

~Joanne~
02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
While being able to share this with you Katie, I am sure she is pleased but it's always nice to have another outside source to talk too. Whether your SO and brother actually talk about the CDing , remains to be seen but at least there is the possibly of a good conversation.

Ceri Anne
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Not to generalize geographics, but the North Western cities do have a tendency to be more accepting. Vancover, Seatle, Portland. Glad your bother can accept him and still treat him like the regular guy he is sometimes.

Tracii G
02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Nice of him to accept the news in a gracious way.

Marleena
02-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Acceptance is always good.:) Nice to hear.

KatieGG
02-07-2013, 11:06 PM
that could be taken another much more dastardly sinister way. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, or women?

Barbara

BARBARA!!! LOL get your mind out the gutter!

SarahMarie42
02-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Well, of course your brother would be accepting if he's one of your kin :]

I'm still curious over whether or not any bones were broken on the skateboards xD

KatieGG
02-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Well, of course your brother would be accepting if he's one of your kin :]

I'm still curious over whether or not any bones were broken on the skateboards xD

lol no thank God! but I heard a loud thud and when I went outside to see what happen I see my husband laying on the bottom of the pool his skateboard still on the cement next to the pool, he was ok but I never really got a straight answer to what happen lol

SarahMarie42
02-07-2013, 11:26 PM
"No, no, it's okay. We've scooped up all of the vital organs and put them back in again. Quit with your worrying"

KatieGG
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
LOL Sarah, I just realized that you are the only one that knows the pool is empty, everyone that read that porbably thinks he drawned lol

SarahMarie42
02-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Lmao! That's probably true. They're probably thinking that your brother tried to drown your husband and tried to pass it off as an accident xD

Beverley Sims
02-08-2013, 12:05 AM
A nice outcome and a better relationship all round.

Jenn868
02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
that is really great your brother was accepting. I think that your brother has a great heart. some people can be very un accepting and not open minded.I feel that if you are open like you two are that it makes things way easier. so wonderful to hear girl, your an inspiration ! and so is ur SO! hugs

Amanda M
02-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Great news Katie! What's next?