PDA

View Full Version : My First Assignment

Julie
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I've been hired as a reporter for the Chicago area for a web magazine called TG Life (http://www.tglife.com/). They ask I do one article a month which with all the non-stop chattering I do shouldn't be a problem. :p

I loaded the rough draft onto my website and e-mailed them with the link so they can review it. Here's the link (https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/tgl/12-05/tgl_12-05.htm).

It will be interesting to see how this works out.

sherri
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
That is seriously cool, Julie. Read your article - what a fabulous introduction to outing you provided your new friends. Chicago is such a cool town.

Wendy me
12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Julie way to go you made a job out of going out to party.....now can you claim your outfits on your taxes????? free shopping and that would be way tooooooooo cool........

CaptLex
12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Congrats! That's very exciting!

Julie York
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Nice one Julie. Congrats!

So if I really DID do a Julie York comedy show in Chicago you could review it!

Wooo!

:D

Paula Rae
12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey Julie,

That's wonderful news, Lois Lane is going to be very disappointed when Superman turns his attention to you.

Congratulations, I'm proud of you.

Ricki B

Jakie_Rose
12-07-2005, 05:13 PM
HI julie

Just read your artilces . I just loved it

Very professional .Looking forward to you next adventure .

If you need ideas on articles just put it up on the board we will find something to talk about . :angel:

Hugs and kiss

Jakie

Ps:Must have news on the job aplication . Pls post results -- Good Luck

Holly
12-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Julie, what a lucky girl you are! Do you need an assistant?;)

chattaboxx
12-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi Julie,

I am really pleased for you, well done with your new job and i hope it works out okay.

by reading the article i am sure it will

Louise

size7satin
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Way to GO!!!!!!

now when do we get the (free sign up is also available, and trial membership if you have a promo code) for the site??????? lolololol

Fiona K
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Cool Julie,
Well done!!
Fiona
xx

Tracy Lynn
12-07-2005, 07:00 PM
They picked the right person, your article was great.:gog:

Clarissa3d
12-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Well first off congratulations on the new task at hand.

And to say I think you will definatly be a great reporter!!!
:D :D

rachel_jean
12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Congrats Julie, :thumbsup:

Great start and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Maybe you should name your series 'TG Night Life' and go on a quest to
find all the TG friendly spots in the area.

Don't forget to keep your bar tab receipts for tax purposes ;)

Rachel Jean

Laurie Ann
12-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Julie they obviously made an excellent choice great story. When you win a Pulitzer Prize are we all invited to the presentation.

Julie
12-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Thank you so much ladies for the kind words and encouragement.

I just received a response from the editor. Here's what she said:

Great Article - I mean that. I think it's perfect because you tell a story and tell the readers places to go. That's just what I was looking for!

If you can just email me the article and attach the photos that would be great, and easier for me to work with.

Talk soon and I should have it up tomorrow night, Friday at the latest. We'll also make you the featured columnist on the front page for a week.

Thanks again.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate perk, making this a tax write off!

"Let's see, I bought 438 drinks in 2005 (I'm Irish) at a cost of $5.00 each then add $1.00 tip on each one, plus I had to buy new clothes, 15 skirts, 11 tops, 27 pairs of shoes, boots and heels and 292 pairs of pantyhose. Those things just aren't made to last with long fingernails! Then there's gas running to and from the bars and depreciation on my car and trips to the beauty salon and......

Yeah! I like it!

Well, gotta go shopping now! Wendy! Did you see where I put my charge cards?

Katie Ashe
12-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Well done, Julie. I'm not to big on the background color. But I like it :thumbsup:

Wendy me
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
oh the cards i thought thay were xmass cards and sent them out as gifts...
sorry Julie..........

Dayna
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Great article, Julie--oh to have fun and get paid for doing it!

Now, if you CAN find a way to expense the outfits, shoes, and booze, you will have completely trumped Carrie Bradshaw!! :p

paulaN
12-08-2005, 05:04 PM
that is so cool and I have not read the artical yet. I think you are headed for a new carrier. woo hoo. And your not far off on the tax thing talk to your accountant. seriously.

Teddie
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Cool!:IAG: