PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Makeup, or Too Little Makeup

Rachelakld
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Day time outings, my makeup list is
Foundation,
Mascara,
Lipstick.

Evening dinners etc I may also add brown eyeshadow to highlight my blue eys, a shimmer powder (natural glow etc) and if I'm feeling extra fem, a thin layer of eyeliner (to much makes me look old).

Policy for me is less is best, just curious as to your makeup list

tiffanyjo89
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I suppose having less makeup makes you more likely to blend in.

Most girls I've seen out during the day probably aren't even wearing but a little foundation, and some eyeliner (maybe mascara) and possibly a light lipstick (or a gloss actually). Granted it takes a bit more for the typical guy face to look even somewhat feminine, it has to do more with framing the face than what's actually on the face.

noeleena
02-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Hi,

Lippy & eyebrow liner is all i use, thats it, oh & perfume . i cant be bothered & i dont ...need it.... i see no point,

yes i did spend time learning what suited me & i think i got it right, ( okay dont over think this,) its just not me. my issue is me no matter how it may look even perfect i dont suit it, because of my facial features, yes i had our beauty people do it as well. , i just was never happy with it, yes on a female or woman the face is right, well most any way .

If you meet me youd understand why , my pic will show to a point , not all of us who are woman / female came with the look of being what we are so thats my flaw, i dont hide & im well known so people just accept how i look & it does not stop me from being in the public eye, or a member of large groups .

I know its not about hair yet i did for many years hide behind my wig when out, 11 bloody years no more, im open faced so what you see is just me,

...noeleena...

Michelle (Oz)
02-10-2013, 06:06 AM
The 'less is best' principle is difficult for a CDer. I tend to do full makeup day or night with one concession to day time being slightly lighter makeup around my eyes. I know that I will be on the more made up end of the spectrum.

My reasoning is that I need makeup to help hide my male features and would prefer to be noticed for "too much makeup" than "too much maleness". Many GGs in Australia including my wife working in the cities and wearing non-casual office clothes do use makeup. This tends to be how I present which gives me 'coverage'.

Memzy
02-10-2013, 06:15 AM
I suppose it really depends on your facial features, and how much it would take to. . . Mask them? The less, more power to you! Heavy makeup can look quite nice though! . . .This makes me want to try the geisha look for some-reason.

My list consists of eye-liner, and mascara. I would try foundation if I could find one that matches my silly skin tone!

...I love mah eye-liner!

Rachel your list sounds like the basics to me!

Sara Jessica
02-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Foundation,
Mascara,
Lipstick.

For a natal female, less is more usually means no foundation. In our world, if you are able to get away with just powder or a very light foundation, that is less. But either way, a woman going for the "less" look is more likely to dab on a bit of blush to give a bit of color to her cheeks than to make her skin all monochromatic by use of full foundation. That is something you should try.

Mascara is often part of a less-is-more look but ditch the lipstick in favor of lipgloss or go with a very pale or nude lip color.

Personally, I've done less-is-more by just going with lipgloss but more often than not, I'll use most of the products I have at my disposal but just use less of them. Very light foundation, some blush, light natural tones in eyeshadow, mascara but no eyeliner and a bit of lipgloss and I can be good to go.

Maria S
02-10-2013, 09:06 AM
I wear the same day or evening not that I go out in the evening that much.

Moisturiser
Foundation primer
Foundation
Powder
Blusher
Eye liner
Eye shadow
Mascara
Eyebrow pencil

Maria

MsRenee
02-10-2013, 09:45 AM
My only difference between daytime and night tight is at night I tend to use a little darker eye shadow. Daytime I like to keep a soft look around he eyes

suchacutie
02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Since my beard hairs are white, I don't ever need a beard cover. That means my foundation is pretty much the same all the time along with the contouring. It's the eyes that change, with much less color in the day, and no eye liner.

paulaprimo
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
hammer, chisel, sand blaster, wood filler, sand paper...oh, and maybe some blush. :D

Beverley Sims
02-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I use a little makeup most time as I am lucky, fair and reasonably smooth skin, too much makeup and I stand out.

Barbra P
02-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Like suchacutie my facial hair is white so I don’t have a problem with my beard showing but my skin definitely needs some help. Luckily I have a foundation that is literally a perfect match. I always start with some moisturizer, followed by the foundation, which I have been experimenting apply with a brush for a very light covering. I follow that with some mineral powder to set the foundation and give an even tone to my face and neck. I like light shades of eye shadow, like a pink on the lids and a slightly different shade above and finish off with a little highlighter right under the brows. I have rather short eyelashes so I like a thing line of eyeliner on the upper lid as close to the lashes as possible, usually brown and some mascara so I at least look like I have some lashes. I think a light blusher is always appropriate – like most males I don’t have nice high rounded cheek-bones.

I also have rather thin lips unless I remember to keep them slightly parted or slightly puckered. I really like Maybelline’s Super Stay 14HR Lipstick in Eternal Rose, but “Super Stay” it is not. That’s alright with me as I like to see lip-tracks on cups and glasses and I like to touch-up my lips – often. The colors (other than the lipstick) are subdued and I don’t look over made-up.

So for me it is
Moisturizer
Foundation
Powder
Blush
Eye shadow
Eyeliner
Mascara
Lipstick

Then there are those times when I just like to breakout the colors and I’ll go for a Smokey-eye affect and put some liner on the lower lash line. With a little luck I don’t get the liner in my eye and I don’t tear-up for the next hour or so. I might also resort to two shades of blush in an attempt to create some contouring.

Christinedreamer
02-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Just a note from a guy who has done TV and stage lighting for years. BLUE lighting is notorious for 'cutting through' face makeup and making even a closely shaved and covered beard show easily. Foundations and eye shadows can turn almost white or seemingly be non existent under blue lighting. I suggest experimenting with different brands and types using a couple blue lights in a makeup mirror to see what works best for you.

Rachel Ro
02-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Practice practice practice till I learn more I won't leave the house any time, day or night.

Angela Campbell
02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
To make it look fem I need to use more. The trick is to make it look like less.

MsJanessa
02-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Foundation,
Mascara,
Lipstick.

Evening dinners etc I may also add brown eyeshadow to highlight my blue eys, a shimmer powder (natural glow etc) and if I'm feeling extra fem, a thin layer of eyeliner (to much makes me look old).

Policy for me is less is best, just curious as to your makeup list

When I go out in the daytime, which isn't often, being a creature of the night, I wear less. At night I start with a foundation cream base, with powder on top, concealer under the eyes, then blush, false eye lashes, with mascara, two different shades of frosted eye shadow, then liquid eyeliner, and eye brow pencil,then lip liner, and lipstick---takes me between 45 minutes to an hour to do my face

RenneB
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
For me too it's pretty much the same day or night.....

Lotion... always..
primer
beard cover...
foundation - dark for the underchin/neck area
foundation - light for the forehead and cheeks area
eyeliner, eye shadow
lighter foundation to brighten up the eye area
eyebrows
lip liner, stick, gloss
powder

Then I'm off to the races.....

Renne.....

Julogden
02-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I think that for the vast majority of us, more makeup is required rather than less, but the goal is to make it look like less.

I've seen CD's in person who are advocates of minimal makeup, but with very, very few exceptions, they looked to me like guys in women's clothes and a little makeup, but if it makes them happy, then more power to them. In my opinion, to pull off that look successfully you have to have no beard shadow, really good skin and a naturally feminine face.

An old drag saying: "It takes a lot of paint to make a guy what he ain't" ;)

Carol

missmars
02-11-2013, 04:33 AM
I didnt tried makeup for cding

noeleena
02-11-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi,

As this is about makeup & you know what i do or dont .

Heres something that some of you may do or have done ,

okay our President has just emailed us , our Edwardian group an invition to meet Their Excellencies the Governor General and Lady Janine's vist to our Bushtown Heritage Park on Thursday 21 of this month .and itll be a very tight security & we will have to give our name's oh well you know mine so no drama there,

And it appears this is one of their official duties during their stay here in Waimate . at this stage i have no other info as youll know ill be going dressed in my Edwardian clothes,

Now of cause most of you here would be all dressed up in your finery, & makeup would be very importaint for you, I know what some of you will or would say ....oh dear..... as this is a special day for us youd think at least do some makeup.......yeap lippy & eyebrow liner .Oh forgot Perfume cant forget that now can i,

...noeleena...

Vicky_Scot
02-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Less is more when it comes to makeup honey.

linda allen
02-11-2013, 09:37 AM
My wife seldom wears makeup, only if we are going somewhere special. I've just recently brought up the subject of me having makeup and so far she is not for it. I'm not going outside so it's not really important at this point.

I think most crossdressers are going to need some makeup regardless of the time or place to cover our beard shadows and disguise our male features. I would think foundation or beard cover, lipstick, and light eye makeup would do it.