PDA

View Full Version : On a mission

Stevie
02-10-2013, 03:54 PM
So today I thought I would sneak out to the mall and get brave and experiment. I have been curious about women's jeans after reading the posts about how you feel in them.so I tried all the department stores first and was nervous as I was browsing the clothes. I didn't feel comfortable for several reasons so I found a store that had both sections close together. Proceeded to find my size in men's and women's went to the fitting room and tried them on. I fell in love with the way they hugged my legs. They felt totally different than my regular jeans. I tried the other pair on for no reason and had to sit to regain my composure. My face was beat red. I felt embarrassed. That didn't stop me I put the other pair away and went to the counter to pay for them. She ask if everything fit ok and of course I made up a story that they were for my wife and she told me what size to get. Don't know or care if she believed me I wanted them regardless. Now I can't wait to wear them.

Maria S
02-10-2013, 04:03 PM
I am really happy for you. Sometimes I wear womens jeans in boy mode because they fit the shape of my body better.

Maria

Joanne f
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Oh you are on the slippery slope now , it won't be long until you do that same trick but with a skirt :D

Mollyanne
02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Good for you dear!!!!! Methinks the "Pink Fog" is about to hit you. When the "Fog" hits, the credit card and the checkbook suffer, but what the heck!!!!!!

Molly

Tammy Nowakowski
02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
good for you glad you found the a pair you like

celeste26
02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Before too long there will be no "buying for my wife," its for me is what you'll say and enjoy it.

Rocker Chick
02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
So today I thought I would sneak out to the mall and get brave and experiment. I have been curious about women's jeans after reading the posts about how you feel in them.so I tried all the department stores first and was nervous as I was browsing the clothes. I didn't feel comfortable for several reasons so I found a store that had both sections close together. Proceeded to find my size in men's and women's went to the fitting room and tried them on. I fell in love with the way they hugged my legs. They felt totally different than my regular jeans. I tried the other pair on for no reason and had to sit to regain my composure. My face was beat red. I felt embarrassed. That didn't stop me I put the other pair away and went to the counter to pay for them. She ask if everything fit ok and of course I made up a story that they were for my wife and she told me what size to get. Don't know or care if she believed me I wanted them regardless. Now I can't wait to wear them.
That's funny. Same thing happened to me last night. Went to Victoria's Secret and they were just about closing. The one girl asked me if I need help and I said maybe I will know when I see it. Then I grab a pair of medium lace panties and another worker said to get the 3 for 30 deal. So the other girl walks back over and the first words she says is "what size are you?" I gave her a look and she then she corrected herself HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Leah Lynn
02-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Before too long there will be no "buying for my wife," its for me is what you'll say and enjoy it.

And you'll look the SA right in the eyes when you say it, too! Just remember the budget when it hits.

Leah

MissTee
02-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I have to think that the GGs working the stores for any length of time have seen enough of our "it's for the wife" shenanigans to have us pegged regardless of our ploy. I remember buying a bra at a store. My first in person and in drab. Tried to be obvious with my paper list so they wouldn't suspect. When I went to check out, the SA smiled, giggled and asked, "did you find everything on your list, hon?"

I quickly retorted, "it's not for me, it's for my wife"

"Of course," she replied. Another giggle.

Looking back, I must have appeared to be such a hopeless dork . . .

I Am Paula
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Yup, I'm buying these size 12 pumps, 38A bra, and this 48 pack of razors for my wife. Oh yeah, I think she might need a wig too!_Celeste

Michelle M
02-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Now you need some boots. 2-1/2" heel or so.
And you need the right underwear - Something "stringy"?
Your new jeans will come Alive! Have Fun!
Michelle

Beverley Sims
02-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Stevie,
that is the first part of the journey over, next the embarrassment will disappear and you will wonder why you did not do this earlier.
It is called progress, live and enjoy the moment.

Jodi Anne
02-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Holy crap Stevie, after reading your post I just went and tried on my wife's jeans and they feel great on the legs. It's too bad I can not button them, oh well more time at the gym.

Rachel Morley
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Tell me about it! I think the last time I wore guys jeans was about 20 years ago. I wear women's fitted jeans in boy mode all the time.

NathalieX66
02-10-2013, 11:26 PM
FYI, for all:
I have four, only four womens' jeans, and I used the fitting rooms to try on all of them. The jeans, as a rule, have tight short inseams.....so you better figure what works best for you.

Lillyasia
02-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Once you soak in this experience, you will be trying on skirts and blouses next time. Then it will be bras and heels after that. You're falling into the hole...

Tracii G
02-11-2013, 04:01 AM
I'm really happy you took the plunge and got some you liked.Its a great day indeed.
Girls/womens jeans fit me better so thats what I buy end of story.

missmars
02-11-2013, 04:30 AM
wow.... I cant imagine this feeling

linda allen
02-11-2013, 07:28 AM
I wear women's jeans except for working on the car or doing yard work. Not the fancy embroidered jeans, but they are women's jeans. I just take them to the checkout and pay for them. I don't make up excuses. If someone were to ask, I would say they are for me, that they are less baggy than men's jeans.

When shopping with my wife, I'll be looking at one rack of skirts or blouses while my wife looks at another. If people wonder why I'm looking at women's clothes, I don't care.

Remember, these people do not know you so who cares what they think.

Cheryl T
02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the jean's club.
All I own are women's jeans except for one old pair of wranglers I wear for working in the yard or on the car. Wouldn't dare get my good jeans greasy or dirty...

stephNE
02-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Stevie
All of my jeans and a couple pairs of dress slacks are women's. I wear them all the time, no one has ever said anything. You'll find most stores don't really care if you try them on. I like Dressbarn, nice looking clothes, not to expensive, and the clerks are very friendly.
Steph

Stefanie Miller
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Good for you! And now it begins.....

Karren H
02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Sneaking out to buy jeans? Kind of like me sneaking out to by the same toothpaste my wife uses.....

Janet Bern
02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Stevie, You don't have to lie to the SA. Be a stand up Cd and say yes, and leave the
Story about the wife out. You appear to be a phony when you do that and they really
Know it's for you.

Stevie
02-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Well today I took it a step further. I put those pants on and went shopping for breast forms. So while I was there I tried on a pair of five inch pumps while I was waiting and someone walked by the dressing room and saw me. He gave me thumbs up. Omg what am I doing. Part of me didn't care and the other part was totally embarrassed. Well anyway I like the pants but they have really small pockets.

NV Susan
02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi Stevie, enjoy the jeans, I know you will!! All my jeans come from the ladies department {and slacks also}. About the only men's clothing I wear anymore are shirts.....

Rachel Morley
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Well anyway I like the pants but they have really small pockets.
That's because women's jeans don't need deep pockets, because the wearer is usually carrying a purse or handbag!

Diversity
02-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Good for you, Stevie! I accomplished this mission in December, but tackled it a bit differently. I went to the male SA and said that a friend of mine told me that women's jeans fit much better and were more comfortable than men's jeans, and I wanted to try on a pair. He was surprised to say the least, but he accommodated my request and brought me a pair to try on. Yes! Oh Yes! They were definitely more comfortable and I fell in love with them. I walked out of the changing room, and said to the girl SA who was at the register, that I wanted to buy them. She asked me if I knew they were women's jeans, and I told her yes, that I was buying them for me because I had heard they were more comfortable than men's jeans and after trying them on I found that they were. She smiled, and said okay, and rang them up.
I since went back and was recognized by them both. They asked how I was liking them and I told them they were great, but that the pockets were a bit small. Other than that, I loved them. Then they asked if I wanted to try a boot leg, rather than the straight leg which I purchased previously. I did, and bought them as well.
It was a wonderful experience, and I love the jeans. Have fun!
Di

Lorileah
02-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Well anyway I like the pants but they have really small pockets.And that is why they invented purses :)

kimdl93
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Seriously, how many times do you think a man buys jeans for his wife. Thats a pretty think excuse. But, it really doesn't matter what the SA thinks, does it? She took the cash and went about her business. You'll get over that little phobia soon enough.