PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I just like being fancy

Julie Denier
02-11-2013, 11:58 AM
On Friday, I took my 8-year-old to the annual daddy-daughter dance. She and all the other lucky ladies got to get dolled up in their best party dresses. But I was no slouch in dad mode: charcoal gray Jones New York 3-button suit, French cuff shirt, red tie and matching pocket square, Cole Haan lace-up cap-toe oxfords.

When we got home, I was really in no hurry to take off my suit and tie -- it felt good to hang out for a while looking classic and polished.

I guess much like when I'm en femme -- strictly in dresses and heels -- I also enjoy taking it up a notch or two in guy mode. Of course, it was also great that this was a suit I couldn't even button a year ago, and now there's room to spare. Style is style, whatever side of the gender line :2c:

Beverley Sims
02-11-2013, 12:10 PM
The thing is Julie, I bet you really enjoyed your 8 year old and the daddy daughter dance.
You can enjoy being en femme, but there are times when you beam with pride about your family.
Enjoy both worlds.

RADER
02-11-2013, 12:17 PM
My daughter is almost 35 years old now; However, I do enjoy getting all dressed up in a Tux once in a while.
I own one, but seldom use it. Now please do not misunderstand me, I much rather be in a dress than a Tux;
But once every few years, it is nice to get extra DRAB if you get what I mean.
Rader

Karren H
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Those father daughter dances are so much fun! I to love to dress up...... wear a business suit to work every day... unless I'm going to the mine... plus I have an amazing collection of ties that get compliments from strangers.... nothing wrong with being the best dressed person in the room no mater what gender I'm presenting...

Stephanie47
02-11-2013, 12:20 PM
I've always felt comfortable dressing up as a male and looking good. I guess the inner woman in me is saying, "Honey, don't look like a bum all the time."

Lorileah
02-11-2013, 12:36 PM
But I was no slouch in dad mode: charcoal gray Jones New York 3-button suit, French cuff shirt, red tie and matching pocket square, Cole Haan lace-up cap-toe oxfords.

I wonder if this is the first time someone has posted a complete "male" outfit here? :)

Lynn Marie
02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
People who actually know the brand names of the clothes they're wearing, both in drab and drag, just crack me up. It's sort of like describing your hot car with all the speed equipment you have on it. You know, cam, heads, manifold, carbs, headers, pistons, and on and on. Guy bragging.

Personally I've got a swinging Singer with chopped bobbins and dual spools!

Julie Denier
02-11-2013, 01:33 PM
People who actually know the brand names of the clothes they're wearing, both in drab and drag, just crack me up. It's sort of like describing your hot car with all the speed equipment you have on it. You know, cam, heads, manifold, carbs, headers, pistons, and on and on. Guy bragging.

Personally I've got a swinging Singer with chopped bobbins and dual spools!

Same goes for cigars ;)

kimdl93
02-11-2013, 01:37 PM
There's something special and sweet about getting all dressed up for Daddy/Daughter dance with your daughter. Well done!

AllieSF
02-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I, like Karren, used to go to work everyday in a suit with some great ties. I liked my look then and I like it now when I have to dress up for something special. The only problem is that my suits are going out of style a lot faster than I expected, and I do not want to buy anymore suits that I hardly wear anymore. I would rather spend that money on nice women's clothes!

Gretchen_To_Be
02-12-2013, 02:52 AM
I wonder if we have stumbled on a tendency of male crossdressers. I also have nice custom made suits and shirts with french cuffs, nice ties, wear pocket squares sometimes, usually wear Allen Edmonds shoes--basically I dress well. Now I question if it was a way to express what I really wanted to wear!

AmyGaleRT
02-12-2013, 05:17 AM
That's a sweet image, Julie. I bet your daughter really enjoyed it.

No matter "who" you've got to be at any given time, be that person in style. :)

- Amy