PDA

View Full Version : My new salon makeover was great! (sorta long)

DanaJ
12-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Wow! I am still on :c9: after Tuesday night! I had my makeover appointment at the new salon I found, with a new makeup artist. I just can't tell you how fantastic it was to find someone that not only completely accepts what I am doing, but actually enjoys playing "beauty shop" :)

When I went in, the makeup girl was waiting for me. We headed back to the hair salon area, and we talked for a few minutes. I told her what I was looking for in a makeup artist/makeover girl and some of my ideas. She enthustiastically agreed with everything I said, and made some great suggestions too! She mentioned going out in public to do "fashion shoots", and she even said she would go shopping with me!

So, next she wanted to see what I had brought with me. I had a large travel bag packed with skirts, tops, shoes, jewelry and wigs. It was so fuuny, she dug into it like a kid at Christmas! She would take a skirt and lay out on a chair, then lay a top with it, then she took some shoes and laid next to the outfit and finally jewelry - she would say "that's one outfit there, that's another one" and so on. Then with me sitting there almost speechless, she was making verbal notes of how she would do my makeup and which wig would work with which outfit. I tell you, she was bouncing all over and was grinning from ear to ear, and I was just loving every second of it!

I asked her since I had only scheduled a 2 hour time slot, if we would have time to do all 3 outfits that she picked out. She said she didn't want to watch the clock, we were just going to play and however long it takes, that is how long it takes! I think I am in love! :luvu:

Next, she had me go in a room and change into the first outfit - I came out, she sat me down and started making me up. I absolutely love to get made over by a pro, and she definitely knew what she was doing. As she worked, she explained everything she was doing, it was really cool (and a bit funny) to hear her say "I am going to use a silver eyeshadow with some purple - no, with gold highlights, well, maybe also with..." She kept telling me that she was having so much fun, and she hoped that we could keep doing this more - are you kidding me? It was all I could do to keep from telling her I would be there every night!

Well, she finished with the makeover, then she tried to fit the wig - but she had no experience with them at all, so I had to help her. She said that we would learn from each other until we made a great team! We took a few pix, then she told me that we needed some polish! She had me follow her into the nail room, where she quickly polished my nails (I'm Really Not a Waitress by OPI, same as my toes). Then I got a big surprise - she said "I know what we need to do - c'mon". She pulled me into the next room, and then did a quickie airbrush tan on my legs! OMG, I no way expected this!

So - it was off for some pix - they have a nice waiting area with some pretty wicker furniture and nice paintings on the wall, it made a nice area for posing. Then, it was time to change into the second outfit. I changed fairly quickly and it was back in her chair for some makeup changes and different wig.

We took some more photos, and I noticed it was getting a little late. She wanted to keep going, but I was trying to be considerate, as we were the only ones there (along with the receptionist) - and had the run of the entire place. I told her we would do more next time, and I was going to go get changed and washed up. Then she hit me with another surprise, she asked me if I would like for her to clean me up! Wow, I have never had one ask me for that, so I agreed. Well - that turned into getting a mini-facial - I was washed, exfoliated, under the steam machine for 5 minutes, and then a nice moisturizer applied.

It was time to leave, and I told her over and over how much fun I had, and how great the whole experience was. And what was really great, she gushed back at me about how much fun she had, how she wants to take me shopping, go out, etc..... all in all , it may have been about the greatest salon experience I have ever had! The makeover was great, but the way she had fun just made the whole night something special. The airbrushed tan and facial at the end were just icing on the cake!

Here are a few pix from last night. In my opinion, these are not the best I have had done, but remember - this was our first time, and she will learn more about what works and what doesn't on me, and they can only get better from here (I hope). I can't wait to make another appointment and see her again!

susandrea
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
You're like a big Barbie! :D

Glad you had fun-- and you look so different from wig to wig! (But very girlie).

Laurie Ann
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Dana thanks for the story and pictures you look wonderful as usual. Keep up the good work. I like the long hair on you very sexy.

rachel_jean
12-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Really glad for ya Dana

It will be intersting to see where this leads ;)

Did this makeup artist mention that she had any other CD/TG friends or
had done this before?

It sounds like she enjoyed it as much as you did, again.

Best of luck,

Rachel Jean

S. Lisa Smith
12-07-2005, 10:22 PM
You look great! I've had some success and fun with Merle Norman. A real make up artist loves the challenge and really gets into it. You hit the jackpot!

Adrianne
12-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Great Dana, you look beautiful as always. You have suck a beautiful face Dana.

Michelle I
12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
wow !!!!
What a great time it must have been. I love the pictures of you with short hair, I had to look twice to be sure it was you. You look wonderful!

Melissa

JennyCD
12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Lovely as always. :thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
12-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Totally awesome Dana! You look really fantastic. I especially like the red skirt and long hair photos. :) But wait.... that skirt in the other pictures is adorable :)

Anyway, congratulations on a fantastic night. I know how it is to have an accepting GG fuss over you. :D You write really well too... it's an enjoyable read :D:

TGMarla
12-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Well, you're right, you've had better. :D But they're still terrific! You know, you look about 7-10 years younger with longer hair, trust me! You've got time for that short stuff later, g'friend! Stay long for now. Can't wait until the next one!

Jenna1561
12-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Dana,

You go girl! Sounds like a great time. I agree with TGMarla, you look much younger with the long hair.

Sounds like you found someone worth going back to and I agree, as she gets to know you, the work will only get better and it's really nice to start with.

Love,

Jenna

dawnmcdaniels
12-08-2005, 01:00 AM
so did you drive home enfemme or change back??? You look absoloutly fantastic !!! You Go Girl totally passable.

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-08-2005, 01:32 AM
No fair! If you're going to tantalize us with such a wonderful make-up artist, you're going to have to share her with the rest of the class. :p

Seriously, it sounds like both of you had a wonderful time and great pictures to boot. Looking forward to your next installment.

Kierci
12-08-2005, 01:37 AM
My gawd girl you are amazing, it sounds like she got the little sister she never had, how great is that? I love the outfits they look awsome on you I also think she did a great job except for the purple eyyliner but hey... you still lokk great. Keep having fun at our photo expense you know we love photos hee hee hee

Tamara Croft
12-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Wow!!! you look totally different, it's definitely a more natural look. Infact I have too keep looking to see if that's really you, because you look very different from your other pictures....... me likey...... still on :c9: ?? ;)

DanaJ
12-08-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks everyone for their great comments - keep 'em coming! :D

Susanandrea - a big Barbie, yep - I like that!
Laurie Ann - you always sat the nicest things!
Rachel Jean - well, yes, she said she had done a few guys up before, but they were one-time events. I will have to ask her to get more details.
S. Lisa Smith - you are right, she mentioned the challenge thing too.
Adrianne - awwww, thanks honey :)
Melissa - I like shorter wigs myself, but I am starting to get into the longer wigs too now....
JennyCD - thanks, I wish it were always ;)
Angel - well, you would be the expert about accepting GGs LOL And thanks for the nice note about the writing part too. Sometimes I think that when I write I am too "this happened, then that happened" and don't tell my feelings enough...
TGMarla - you can't wait?? Me either, I was gonna wait 2 weeks, but something tells me that it will be next week ;)
Jenna - good to see your post! Hmmm, another vote on the long hair...
Dawn - no I changed back, and she cleaned me up and gave me a facial. I am working towards leaving en femme.
Marlena - ahhh, she's mine all mine! LOL Hopefully this will be a long relationship and you all will hear about these makeover stories until you are sick of old DanaJ :D
Jennyaz - little sister, cool way of putting it :thumbsup" I'll have to ask her about that...
Tamara - Is there a Cloud 10? LOL Anyway, I had my massage therapist say the same thing, she really liked them and thought they were very natural looking pix.

I have more pix I may share, but I might start a thread in the Picture Forum with those. Again, a big thanks to all the members here and hugs all around!

Erica Lauren James
12-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Danaj,
Sounds like you had a blast. When you were looking for a salon, how did you go about finding one? Did you call around, go visit them in person? What type of questions did you ask each salon?

I'd like to find a salon myself as well and would appreciate any tips!

Kiera

BrendaChristine
12-08-2005, 07:08 AM
One word comes to my mins every time I look at one of your pictures. Happy. You always look so happy.

sherri
12-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Sounds like y'all have a remarkable chemistry. You should take her up on all her offers! And if it's dark by the time you're finished, there's really no reason not to go home dressed. I know from experience that in your car at night is when you're most passable - if they notice you at all, people don't examine you closely and take it for granted that you're a girl.

I'd like to hear more about what makeup changes are made for different outfits and/or hair styles.

KathrynW
12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Dana ~
My first question would be....
IS THIS GIRL MARRIED? ;) You need to worship the ground this girl walks on!
I guess I really don't have to tell you that you're "Living The Dream", do I? ;)

Lindahexi
12-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Dana sorry I always seem to be a day late, I guess it's the timezone thing. You obviously had a fantastic time, and I must say you look good in the pics, but may I say (in the nicest possible way) that I personally think your previous makeup girl gave you a more natural look. But hey; it was your first session with the new girl and I'm only judging by your own previous high standards. I look forward to seeing future photo shoots.

lisa threesummm
12-08-2005, 11:17 AM
:) WOW ,YOU LOOK DELICIOUS.................:p

Stephanie Brooks
12-08-2005, 11:30 AM
(I just saw the thread and read your post! Can't believe I missed it. Oh and I'll read the responses after I respond.)

WOW DanaJ!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

PICTURES

Short hair. I like the look. It's you. It's natural. It just fits. If ever you were to go out en femme and wanted/needed to pass, this is the look. Pictures being what they are with limitations and all, you look terrific!

Long hair. I love what she did with the wig. It too looks natural. The look is different and I like it, but you seem uncomfortable, less open, less relaxed, except in the last photo where you seem to be much more confident.

ACTUAL MAKEOVER

She did a great job! I especially love the eyes.

MAKEOVER EXPERIENCE

Woot woot!!!!!! This is great. It seems everything went extremely well. You've found someone who knows what she's doing and enjoys it too. As you go for more makeovers with her, I can only imagine some of the initial euphoria disappearing and even better experiences developing! This was the first time, so you're learning about each other. May it blossom!

Congratulations DanaJ!!!!!!!!!!

:yrtw:

Julie York
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Wow! There IS a god! Good for you!

PM me where you got the red wig from! It's me all over! I want one!

Looks natural Dana. And you obviously had a lot of fun. Keep up the good work.

:thumbsup:

Marla GG
12-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Gosh Dana, you look amazing. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. Besides, who would believe a story like that if you didn't attach some proof? :D

I am so jealous of that makeup artist. She must have had a ball with you. It probably isn't very often that she gets a client who is willing to let her play and experiment and be creative to her heart's content. Ha, I bet she'll be calling YOU to arrange the next appointment. Well, I know I would be!

Charlene Marie
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Dana, I just logged on-West Coast. GOD ALLMIGHTY! Girl Friend, this is just fabulous, I'm so happy for you. Finding someone to show a genuine interest is really an accomplishment. AND, you look like a doll. I still can't get over your face, so feminine, makeup PERFECT. The camera dont lie and either do you, you are for real honey. It's been my pleasure knowing you. Babe, you can go
ANYWHERE. i CAN FEEL THE RUSH YOU MUST HAVE FELT, right through the Web.

Just Love Ya,

Charlene Marie

Dragster
12-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Dana, fabulous as always! I love the make-up and the clothes, but the thing that tops everything for me is the smile you always seem to have with those red lips of yours. Maybe it was the euphoria of the occasion, but I suspect it was more just your natural demeanour! You're an example to us all.
I wish I could find a similar make-up artist(e) in the UK, but I'd need to get my wife on-side first, and that's a much bigger task!

Tony

KELLYANN
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
way to go DANA! love the black/red and longer hair!:)

Charlene Marie
12-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Dana, MY GOD! yOU LOOK DARLING. You got a winner with that girl and salon,congradulations. You face is absolutely stunning, so very feminine and great legs also.
You are a insparation to us all, and a wonderful person to know. You are for REAL girlfriend, love to see more. Thanks for sharing.

Love Ya,

Charlene Marie

Sharon
12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Very cool, Dana. She sounds like a perfect make-up artiste to me!

DanaJ
12-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow! More great replies, thanks everyone!

Kiera - I have all those salon secrets safe LOL Seriously, it is too much to type out here, PM me or Yahoo Messenge me and we can chat about it
Brenda Christine - thanks, you know you nailed it - I am happy when I do these makeovers, I don't have to force a smile.
sherri - well, that was just the first time, I will see if we still hit it off on our next appointment. As for the makeup vahnges, hell - I was too entranced to remember what she did! We will try videoing one of our future makeovers I hope...
Kathryn - well, she told me she was single, but now I find out she has a boyfriend (darn!) Oh well.... it is still a dream I found this place.
Lindahexi - always glad to hear from you Linda, no prob and thanks!
lisa threesummm - thanks!
Stephanie - LOL I don't know what to say about your post, but - :luvu:
Julie York - I don't rememver where I got that wig, but hell - watch your mail, I'll send it to you :D
MarlaGG - she did have a ball making me up, she was so into it and that was half the fun! Proof is in the pix eh? ;)
Charlene Marie - yeah, I am so lucky to have found this place - I wish I could bring all of you in there :) Thanks for all the kind words...
Tony - it is actually hard to NOT smile after these makeovers LOL Euphoria is a great way to describe how I felt too!
KellyAnn - it seems that most people like that read/black combo too, good eye :)
Sharon - I don't know if she is perfect, but so far so good.
Linzie - style? I didn't know I had one LOL Just kidding, thanks!

DanaJ
12-09-2005, 07:20 PM
A small update from today - I went in to get my nails done, just a polish change for today. But, while I was there, I had various girls that work there (all cute as hell too) come up to me and take a look at the pix I brought in. I was trying to keep a low profile while getting my nails polished, but they just came in and looked at the pix, some gave me little hugs, some commented on my polish - all favorable! I am sure I was blushing.....

One cool thing was that my nail tech told me she had talked to my makeover girl, and she had told her that she had so much fun, and my nail tech was giving her ideas on stuff to do on me next time LOL

So, next Tuesday Dec. 13, I will be back again for another makeover/beauty shop dress up session :dance:

Daphne Renee
12-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.. I have to admit I am a bit jealous but I am glad you had so much fun..

Its a tough decision but I think I would vote for the longer red hair as well. :)

dawnmcdaniels
12-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Gosh girlfriend this could get expensive !!!!! Heck with it live a little :D

Sherlyn
12-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Sooooooo cool Dana !!!! been kinda busy all week and was wondering how your Tuesday went ...Now I know ..Woah!!!!! loved reading your experience ..u look fantastic ..and omg the red hair pics mmmm hmmmmmmm ...those hoop earrings ,,,ummmm mine lol ...Dana your a natural enjoy enjoy enjoy :)

Cdone2
12-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Sounds like you really had a fun experience and from your pictures, I couldn't agree more!

Should a girl be able to find such a place in their own area,
what should they expect to pay for such service? ;)

DanaJ
12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Candy and Dawn - thanks girls!
Sherlyn - I really don't like the large hoops, but a GG friend of mine bought them for me, so they have sentimental value else I would send them to you :)

Cdone2 - aha! I was wondering when someone would ask me how much :) I paid (and it was mutually agreed upon) $50 per hour. I felt that was fair, as that is about what the going rate is for salon services (massages, hair, nails, facials) and to me it was worth every penny to have a GG fuss over me and have fun.

Abby Lauren
12-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Dana
You described the joys of being with an enthusiastic woman helper beautifully. This is as close to heaven as we can get, I believe. You look radiant in the pics and i can't wait to read of the next episodes. I just came out to my long-time masseuse last week and she couldn't have been kinder or more supportive. She was actually thanking me for trusting her with such important information and only wishing me happiness.
So, they're out there if we will only have the courage to seek them out. And, you are reaping the rewards of your courage, Dana. More power to you and have a blast.

Tiffy
12-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Dana, you never dissapoint. Looking wonderful as always.

Kisses, April Marie

Toyah
12-11-2005, 12:16 PM
You sound and look like you had a good time good for you its always good to get a treat

Christina Nicole
12-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow! More great replies, thanks everyone!

Kathryn - well, she told me she was single, but now I find out she has a boyfriend (darn!) Oh well.... it is still a dream I found this place.

I wonder if he is a CD. ...or about to become one?

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

toering63
12-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Dana, you look lovely as usual. I really like the short hair on you. Have fun tonight.

MsEva
12-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Wow..Dana..you always look so cute!! Love the look! But partial to the red hair!! Wonder why?:D

DanaJ
12-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Wow, I thought this thread had died :) Well, I must thank you girls for the lovely comments - so thanks Abby, April Marie, Christina Nicole, toering and MsEva!

Christina Nicole - I have no idea, but I doubt it. I have found in my experience that these girls that like to do makeovers on me hate the idea of their SO being in the slightest girlie, they want "all man". In fact, I was very very good friends with this nail tech, we saw each other socially too. She did my toes and fingers, and every now and then did makeovers on me.

So once while we were out eating dinner, I asked her if she really enjoyed doing this, because she seemd so into it. She gushed and said yes, she had lots of fun doing it. Then, I asked her, would she ever date a guy who was a CDer. She did not even hesitate when she said NO, when I asked why she said she didn't know, she thought that maybe she just wouldn't respect him as a guy. I can't say I was surprised, because I have run into this sort of thing before.

Well, I have another makeover tonight, it will be a quickie one, but mainly because I have BIG plans for December 20!

Marlene4a
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Dana:

Great photos Dana. I have no favorites because I like them all.

Me

Lotte L
12-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Dana,

What a thrill, fantastic for you. Nice of you to share this with your sisters. Would love to do that eventually.

Hug,
Lotte L

DragonLotus
12-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I'm late on this one too but I've gotta say....

Awesome Pix!! You look more relaxed and femme than I do when I pose for pictures, that's for sure! heehee

I like both hair colors, but for some reason the blonde shade is more apprealing to me with your skin tone. It says, "I've just been on a yacht in Greece for two weeks....envy me!" :thumbsup:

DanaJ
12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Marlene! Great to see you posting again, thanks! :)
Lotte L - Thanks, you should definitely do it if you ever get the chance ;)
DragonLotus - thanks very much, I love the Greece idea, I may have to use that one next time! :D

Well, I just had my second makeover at the new salon - it didn't go as well as the first one, but it was still fun - sort of :)
You can read all about it here. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19383)

KathrynW
12-14-2005, 03:08 PM
You can read all about it here. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18999)
WHERE?

DanaJ
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
WHERE?Just click on the word "here" above, should take you right to the new thread ;)

OK, OK - I put the wrong URL in LOL it is fixed now, thanks Kathryn for the heads-up :)