PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone vs. Estrogen: what identifies you?

NathalieX66
02-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Hormones: The body produces natural drugs. They are gender drugs that define us who we are, and how we think and act.
Males = testosterone
Female = estrogen
What defines the natural you ?

In other words....what defines the true you?

Peace & love, all of you (...as Ringo of the Beatles always says).

celeste26
02-12-2013, 01:03 AM
The way it is worded there is only one answer and it is genetically determined for me it is 'T.' However if you include non "natural" consciously chosen then 'E.' I choose Estrogen and the effects from it are very nice thank you but can they be called "natural" not really.

Lynn Marie
02-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Beats the heck out of me! Probably Italian style, a "little-of-eachy".

noeleena
02-12-2013, 03:32 AM
Hi,

A menopausal woman with Estrogen & normal womans Testosterone that i need, well we all need,

...noeleena...

Emma Beth
02-12-2013, 04:45 AM
For me, I'm not really sure. All I've known is the 'T' side of my life and I am only recently exploring the 'E' side of me. I really do like what I have discovered about the femme side of me so far, to the point that I would have to say that 'E' is winning.

Beverley Sims
02-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Sorry Nathalie,
No straight replies yet.
A glass of 50/50 taken with orange juice, daily.
To answer the question, estrogen, as I think from a woman's point of view most of the time.

kimdl93
02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't have a lot of natural estrogen in my system and I do take a testosterone injection occassionally. But for some reason, I don't feel that the testosterone defines me as a being. That little bit of e has perhaps a disproportionate influence. Or perhaps something strayed into the placenta so many years ago, and wired that embryo to be the person I am.

2B Natasha
02-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Hormones: The body produces natural drugs. They are gender drugs that define us who we are, and how we think and act.
Males = testosterone
Female = estrogen
What defines the natural you ?

In other words....what defines the true you?

Peace & love, all of you (...as Ringo of the Beatles always says).

Honestly. I don't really understand the question. Bit how I interpreted is...

Testosterone baby. I am a male first and foremost. Playing girly on the weekends or when the mood strikes me does not diminish that fact.

Cheers

AllieSF
02-12-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't understand the question either. Why do MtF TS's take testosterone blockers and add estrogen to the mix? So, a MtF TS is still a male until she takes a "T" blocker and the other goodies? I don't think so. If you ask what is one's basic feeling about whether they are female or male, I would answer that I am more male.

busker
02-12-2013, 03:07 PM
males and females are born with BOTH hormones, males having (generally) more T than E but that changes in the course of life so that , for example, some males develop gynecomastia (moobs or breasts depending on whether it effects the fat and/or the breast disc) (both at the teen years and in old age)due to excess E working in the fat (where it also works in women).
I am not certain that the answer you want simply derives from how much T or E we have, and a guy can be nice or an a-hole and have a regular amount of T in his system and a woman can be be nice or hell on wheels and have a normal volume of E in her system. There are too many things involved to simply say the E makes one more feminine in actions or thinking. This obviously doesn 't seem to apply to people who are taking hormone therapy which does effect their mood. But mood is also dependent on several other brain chemicals--not just T or E alone.

carhill2mn
02-12-2013, 06:11 PM
The "natural" me is really some of each!

Laura28
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
i think it is both that make up the natural me. Since i have had man boobs since i was young i am sure the E level is higher then normal, however my T level is also right there i am a man first who loves to dress like a woman, i guess that is really the natural me.

SandraInHose
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Testosterone baby. I am a male first and foremost. Playing girly on the weekends or when the mood strikes me does not diminish that fact.

Cheers

Good answer, Natasha. Sums it up for moi, also.

thewife/soon2bex
02-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm a gg... estrogen.. unfortunatly, that is why I know have cancer...

Jodi Anne
02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I think more from the E side, but that was true even before I drove the T down to female levels