PDA

View Full Version : First ever tights and cd experiece - intro plus sizing query

Nylon Ninja
02-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone. Firstly I'm new, both to this site and to any form of cd'ing whatsover. Quick overview I'm a straight English man in my early 30's and have had a massive legwear and lycra fetish since I was a small child. It's been killing me all these years seeing girls parade around in gorgeous leggings and tights every single day of my life. I think they look so amazing in them but that lust has always spilled over into wanting to try them for myself. Alas being male it's frustrated the hell out of me the fact our narrow minded society has always wanted to deny me this wonderful experience. Well now I've finally done something about it.

Since last month I've been wearing black 60d opaques under my jeans to work. It was actually my girlfriend's idea to keep me warm. Except she doesn't realise I also have a fetish for them too. Although she's long since known I have a thing for women in leggings. I regularly refer to leggings as "sex pants" in front of her. Ironically, although she wears the odd pair of leggings herself, she's not a major fan of either and usually wears trousers instead of skirts.

I'm currently working on my life story which I will post here but in the meantime I have what will probably be a very simple question for most of you. I'm 6ft 3in tall and have discovered it's not so easy finding tights long enough to fit me. I've bought two lots now. First pack were from M&S in the UK and they were too short. Second ones I bought this afternoon from John Lewis.

I've had them on for a few hours now and they feel absolutely fantastic. The length is a lot better but the waist is a bit slack. I normally require trousers somewhere between a 36" and 38" waist (probably closer to 38"). I've tried on a few pairs of my girlfriend's trousers, merely to ascertain my "ladies size", and I am closer to a 16 than an 18. However I went and bought the XL sized tights when maybe I should have just gone for the large. The size chart on the packet says 14-16 dress = Large and 18-20 dress = XL.

I'd like to know would a large pair of tights of the same brand, albeit different in the waist, be the exact same length as an XL pair? Does the size on the label ever have any reference to the length? I bought the XL thinking the leg might be longer. I'm normally an XL in men's tracksuit pants so this came into my thinking as well. I bought four pairs in total @ £7.50 each. I've only opened one so do you think I'd be entitled to a refund on the other three? These are them here. (http://www.johnlewis.com/31068/Product.aspx)

I look forward to chatting to people here and sharing our experiences. It hasn't half relieved a great deal of mental strain off my shoulders since I began wearing these tights. I've gone from feeling an immense sense of jealously each and every time I saw a beautiful woman in magnificent legwear to a more natural appreciation of women's sheer elegance in them simply overnight. Which can only be a good thing. Plus if anything my lust for women in legwear has actually increased since - which is something I never expected.

Once again I would be really appreciative if someone could help with my sizing query. Ciao for now.

CassandraSmith
02-13-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't know about tights but queen sizes in PH work really well for tall and thin. I have several pairs of hose in Plus that just fit wonderfully. One pair is intended for short and very curvy BBW's and they stretch out really nice. They even have a certain feeling I like. EF's don't really work for me as the length just isn't enough for my 6'1" stature.

Asche
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Although you don't say, it sounds like you live in the UK (being English != living in the UK). You might want to add that to your user profile, since it might help people know how to respond to some questions.

US sizing is different from UK sizing for just about everything, so you're likely to get better advice from someone in the UK. Perhaps an on-line discussion group or web site i for large / tall women that focuses on the UK would be helpful for finding stuff.

Also, the US has a number of shops (on-line and brick-and-mortar) that specialize in large women. If there are such shops in the UK, you might have better luck with them than with Marks and Spencer or other mainstream department stores.

But here in the US, at least, size codes (E, XL, whatever) don't mean much. An XL from one retailer may be larger (or taller) than 8X from another, and I've found that even for the exact same item, different colors were consitently different sizes. I end up just buying stuff, trying it on, and seeing what fits and what doesn't. If it fits and I like it, I run out and buy a bunch of them before the retailer disconinues the line.

BTW, I learned that there's a difference in terminology between the UK and the US. (UK) sheer tights = (US) pantyhose. In the US, "tights" generally means opaque tights.

AllieSF
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Depending on the brand most nylons/pantyhose (I think tights to you in the UK), and thick tights (US name) and leggings are sized with a little chart for height and weight. That helps most people, but in some cases based on personal experience one will find that a size smaller or larger size is better. If you go from an XL to L, I think that the waist will fit better and the length will also work out fine. I say that because all these types of tights have a lot of stretch to them. Some manufacturers, but not all, also have petite sizing for shorter legs, normal and and then long for the taller ladies. Sizes also vary from one brand to another. So, when starting out, it is better to buy some cheaper products to experiment with and help you learn what works best for you from sizing, to colors, to opaqueness and material/textures. Then when you think you know what you want and what sizing, spending more for better quality works out better in the long run. Enjoy what you have.

Stevie
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
I have lots of trouble trying to figure u.s conversions. I wear women's under armor yoga and compression pants under my work clothes. I also have men's compression pants too. In those I wear a men's medium and a women's large.

Beverley Sims
02-13-2013, 08:11 PM
I think I have posted my life story here a few times already.
Tights are a mystery to me as well, some fit some don't.
Oh! and welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Nylon Ninja
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
I think I was a bit silly buying four pairs at once. Cost about $10 each in your money. Should have just got one but I guess the excitement just got the better of me! They're still OK and I haven't gone out the house in them yet so tomorrow will tell. They'd be an excellent fit for my gf, she's a bit heavier than me, but again she doesn't really wear them.

I might try some footless tights / leggings. I imagine they'd be more ideal for someone of height. I know there's cotton leggings but what are the ones that are similar to cotton but appear more glossy / shiny? I'm presuming these are also nylon? I don't want PVC or rubber type ones as that would just alert too many suspicions as I'm only supossed to be doing this for "warmth." Just regular ones with a smooth gloss really.

I want some like the ones the girl sitting behind me in work wears. I'd love to have hot passion with her while she wore them. I think it's amazing how people wrongly stereotype those like me as somehow being "gay." I mean WTF.

Part of me feels like telling my girlfriend about my fetish. She'd probably laugh and not understand why but I know she'd stick with me as she loves me to bits. It's just the embarrassment factor that's the biggest obstacle. Although if I did I would also have to be careful she didn't start getting the impression I was more in love with them than her. I keep dropping little hints like telling her I'm hooked on them now and how lovely they feel "as if someone is massaging my legs all day" but it's all done under the guise of comfort not fetishism. I've even been wearing them next to her in bed so I guess she knows I like them at least.

She let slip early on to the kids so we've even chatted about it a few times in front of them. I've also walked around the house in the mornings in front of the kids and they can see them from the knee down underneath my dressing gown. I'm basically trying my hardest to normalise my wearing of them instead of it being some dirty little secret. I'm very tempted to tell my mum too. She's the type whose normally disgusted by anything like that so I think it would be funny just to see the look on her face!

Do you folk (is it best to call people guys or girls on here I'm unsure?) think these mantyhose will ever take off? In the past week I've seen two separate guys walking around my town in the UK with tights on. And they were doing it for fashion not sport. Is there a chance it will become at least semi popular? Kudos to those guys.

Oh and do stores normally allow you to take tights back for a refund? I've still got three pairs unused and unopened. The store I bought them from pride themselves on their excellent no quibble refund policy. So if anywhere is going to take them back then I guess it'll be them.

Nylon Ninja
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm looking at these here at H&M. The website lists them as 60d footless tights, although you can see the packaging instead calls them "leggings." I thought they were nylon but (as mentioned in previous post) but they are infact 90% polyamide with 10% elastine. Is polyamide the nice glossy (but still "regular" looking) material I'm after? I've got the confidence to do click and collect at store but not enough to walk in and physically browse the women's clothes department - yet.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/99401?article=99401-A

They had a 100d version other day too. Although probably too thick for wearing under jeans. Might still try a pair though.

Tammy Nowakowski
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
welcome to our family nylon Ninja

RiverdanceGirl
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Well I'm not as tall as you and I'm pretty skinny but I recently bought some Cecilia de Rafael Coral 60 tights. I can supply a link to where I got them if the mods allow it. They are fantastic, really comfortable but sensual too and there's lots of material in the leg. I'm 5' 11 3/4" with really long legs and I think these tights could stretch an extra few inches. They are thick opaque tights. I wear tights because to me they are so wonderfully female but I'm totally okay with the mantyhose movement. It's all good.

Diane Smith
02-13-2013, 11:52 PM
"Polyamide" and "Nylon" mean the same thing. The manufacturer is just trying to avoid using DuPont's trademarked name for its polyamide plastic.

- Diane

Rachelakld
02-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Nice start, unfortunately I cant help with the sizing (I'm 5'10) but wait untill you have your legs waxed, then they feel real good.

andrea lace
02-14-2013, 08:06 AM
hello Nylon Ninja
I too am from the UK and I am 6 foot 1 inch and I have had some problems with sizes. I love stockings and suspenders and all the pairs that I have purchased have been too short. you could try Evans they sell stuff for the plus size woman. I found that Ann Summers do stockings in extra large and they do fit me. I have not been to Evans as yet but will give it a go next time I am in town. I will let you know how I got on.

Linda Leigh
02-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Welcome to our family :)

DonnaT
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Just Say Please Ltd
Tightsplease
Albion Court
18-20 Frederick Street
Birmingham
B1 3HE

http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/tights/customer/men/

Their phone number is on their contact page. Give them a call, they are the experts.

Maria S
02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Evans is the best UK place to buy tights for CDers. They come in 3 sizes - 1, 2, & 3. 1 being the smallest and 3 the largest. I am 5'10 and I go for Size 2 which is more than enough for me.

Maria

Danielle tights
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm also from the UK and have found www.uktights.com an absolute god send. A very nice lady called dawn runs the business and is always so helpful when I have emailed them in the past. The site has a tall/xl section and I can tell you from experience if you go for any of the cette range they are quite generously sized. Also don't rule out any sainsburys tights in xl, that is what I have mostly been wearing for the last month or so and fit great. (Sounds like we are almost identical in size)
Hugs, Dani