PDA

View Full Version : Pets

CarmenSkye
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Okay, so I haven't been on here in awhile and I thought I'd finally post something again. I haven't dressed in a while but when I did I remember be troubled by being seen by my dog. I think he only saw me dressed once but by mistake. Just out of curiosity, do you dress in front of your pets? If so, how do they react? I didn't give my dog time to react, I just ran into a room before he could really see me.

Lady Catherine
02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Pets recognize you by smell. Mine have never treated me any different or acted weird around me. Don't worry about the pets. They love you no matter what.

AllieSF
02-14-2013, 09:40 PM
I do it all the time now in front of my cat. At first she was a little confused and now it is just another part of me. She likes to curl up on all my black clothes so she can leave her beautiful cat hair every where.

WandaRae2009
02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Sometimes my dog looks at me funny, especially when I go all the way with makeup, but once I speak there is no problem

Sandra1746
02-14-2013, 09:44 PM
A dog is the only living thing on the planet that is always happy to see you.

That applies no matter how you are dressed, the dog is smart enough to see through all the "trappings.

Just my opinion,
Sandra1746

darkbeauty
02-14-2013, 09:47 PM
They could care less. They know they're the smart ones...the humans are the dummys.

Sallee
02-14-2013, 09:48 PM
the dog, cat and fish could care less.

savvy_fudge
02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
My dog has never cared.

Stephanie Miller
02-14-2013, 11:05 PM
My wife use to have a cat. And I'll never forget the only time I dressed in front of it. I swear, that night it was out prowling longer than normal. The next day and from then after I couldn't walk through the neighborhood without noticing every dog and cat in the neighborhood laughing and pointing as I went by.
Seriously, to this day I have a hard time going into pet stores.
And don't get me started on the extra terrestrials....... :eek:

docrobbysherry
02-14-2013, 11:19 PM
My turtles r scared of Sherry! I always feed them in drab now.

Jenniferathome
02-14-2013, 11:25 PM
There is no question that my dog gets a little confused. I smell the same but look different. He stares.

Diane Smith
02-14-2013, 11:28 PM
My dog is either very smart, or very dumb -- I'm not sure which -- and reacts me exactly the same no matter how I'm dressed. He loves to grab my clothes and shoes off the bed or floor if I leave them lying around and then drag them around in the back yard. Doesn't matter to him whether it's a ratty guy T-shirt or a pair of Louboutins -- I've recovered both from the mud on different occasions.

- Diane

Donniesr
02-14-2013, 11:45 PM
My cat (Pearl) doesn't care what I wear. She just jumps in my lap and purrs..

nvlady
02-15-2013, 12:11 AM
The only thing my dog cares about is food in her food dish.

May(be)
02-15-2013, 12:12 AM
My cats have always loved my wife's boobs. When I CD they love my fake boobs. Yup, I think they love me more when I'm crossdressed.

Bree Wagner
02-15-2013, 12:20 AM
For some reason one of my cats wants to climb up onto me even more when dressed. It's precisely the opposite of what I want those shed-monsters to do at the time. I recently captured a pic of what happens when they get a bit too close. I posted it here. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?189906-Cats-and-Pictures-Do-Not-Mix&highlight=)

I Am Paula
02-15-2013, 01:25 AM
As long as they're fed, a dog could care less.
Cats, on the other hand, are constantly judging us. They rarely like what they see. -Celeste

Lorileah
02-15-2013, 01:36 AM
I had a cat who hissed at me once. My cats now grew up with it

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 01:54 AM
There is no question that my dog gets a little confused. I smell the same but look different. He stares.

When I had a dog, I smelt different and I sure did look different.
My birds and poultry all take flight when Beverley comes out.
I think it is an image thing.
If you talk to the birds a lot they do recognize a voice.
Trouble is I am always talking to the birds.

Prissy Linda
02-15-2013, 02:19 AM
you're in the closet from your dog? have a talk, maybe he will understand , J/k. Sorry, i couldn't resist :)

Cheryl T
02-15-2013, 03:43 AM
My cats could care less....of course they don't care about much of anything except being fed and a clean litter box...oh, and sleeping where ever they wish.

Joanne f
02-15-2013, 04:20 AM
Our white cat seems to enjoy it especially when I have a black skirt on as it will follow me around until I sit down and then jump up onto my lap and grin at me :D

Andrea Renea
02-15-2013, 05:08 AM
My dog loves it when I dress early in the morning. Begs for for Iams dog treats. threatens to wake the rest of the house by barking if I don't give them to her.

AmyGaleRT
02-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Our cat loves me whether I'm in drab or en femme. I just have to be more careful when holding her as Amy; I have to tell her, "Mind the boobies!" One errant claw into a silicone breast form could ruin my whole day...:eek:

One of my "Pretty in Pink" photos featured her as a guest star. Yes, I had her permission to post that...as if she'd care, or indeed even notice. :)

- Amy

Rogina B
02-15-2013, 06:14 AM
My cats have always loved my wife's boobs. When I CD they love my fake boobs. Yup, I think they love me more when I'm crossdressed.

Do you suppose they are looking for milk???

Kate Simmons
02-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Found this out long ago. You can't fool your pets regardless of what you look like. They know who you are.:)

erickka
02-15-2013, 06:28 AM
My dogs kinda look at me like WTF????! Then all hell breaks loose and I have the darndest time trying to keep them from running my hose or soiling my clothes while expressing their outpouring of affection! LOL

Rachael Jones
02-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Our dog looks at me strangely. This is odd, considering I ride a motorbike, and she can recognise me in full gear (helmet and all), yet when I'm dressed I get the most quizzical look aas if to say 'What do you look like?'.

Cat, rats, hamster, gerbil could not care less.

BLUE ORCHID
02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi Carmen, My dog loves me no matter what I'm wearing.

If You want to find out which one really loves you, Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour and see which one
is happy to see you when you open the trunk.

Vicky Peters
02-15-2013, 09:55 AM
The first time that the dog saw me with a wig on, he did take a double take. i petted him and all was well.

Amy Fakley
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
My dogs bust my bubble. I'll spend an hour getting ready, I think I look like a completely different person, maybe even passing ... walk past the dogs ... zero reaction "doesn't smell like bacon, going back to sleep". But heaven forbid the wind even blows within a half mile of this house and it's an eruption like the mount st. helen of barking and slobbering.

I can't pass to my dogs, LOL.

Maria S
02-15-2013, 12:16 PM
When I dress I think our cats think I'm my wife. She usually feeds them so as soon as they see me they are brushing at my legs as if to say "FEED ME"

Maria

Missy
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
O M G this is so funny

I dressed in front of my dog and she kept barking at me until I got back in to male cloths then she was quiet and wanted me to pet her and I did. then when my wife got home the dog told my wife what I did that day and I was busted

cathie pantyhose
02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
my 110 lb dog could care less. The minute the family leaves for the day, he just follows me all over. He lays next to me while I'm on the treadmill in my skorts and jog bras, next to me in the office while dressed fem. We even go in the back yard and throw the ball while I'm dressed fem. He just knows I'm there for him and he could care less what I'm wearing.

SandraInHose
02-15-2013, 05:56 PM

Ditto here. I remember the first time my dog saw me fully dressed...I'm guessing it was the wig that threw him off.

My cat, on the other hand, was as interested in me as it usually was. Which is to say not at all.

Jaymees22
02-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Only had a minor reaction the first time now my dog knows it's me and doesn't really care. Jaymee

CarmenSkye
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the replies, they were fun to read, lol.

you're in the closet from your dog? have a talk, maybe he will understand , J/k. Sorry, i couldn't resist :)

Sadly, yes..... I'll have a chat with him when I'm ready! Lol.

This made me laugh. I've noticed cats are attracted to boobs.

jackie k
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
How do your pets react to your dressing? I have a 10 year old lab. The first time he saw me it was like, " what the ____? After the first time, I had to let him. Hear my voice,I swear he likes it cuz I take on a whole different_____ attitude? We also have a papion (sp?) And four cats. And they all seem to like me better when I am in female form. I wish people could be like pets. And show no prejudice, just love.

KiwiKate
02-15-2013, 07:17 PM
I've only been past my dog all dolled up once and that was just yesterday.To tell the truth I felt so weird walking past him looking like that I just hurried by without looking at his reaction!

Bree Wagner
02-15-2013, 07:56 PM
This made me laugh. I've noticed cats are attracted to boobs.

My wife would totally agree. One of our cats and our baby have a jealousy filled relationship based on who is on the boobs!

Luna Nyx
02-15-2013, 08:09 PM
My cat Ares was very skiddish when I first fully dressed around the house. Now he doesn't care and I think he likes Luna more.

Lady Catherine
02-15-2013, 08:17 PM
None of my pets give a crap. Most animals recognize you by scent not sight.

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Pets, poultry and birds tend to go by appearance more than smell or sound.
If the appearance is something they are used to they accept you.
More importantly this goes for other types of birds as well.
If you do not push it you will gain acceptance from some of them as well.

Julogden
02-15-2013, 09:05 PM
I haven't had a dog since I was in high school, but the first time he saw me completely dressed, he started growling at me, didn't recognize me at all until I spoke to him, then he acted very sheepish and apologetic. :)

Carol

Teri Ray
02-15-2013, 10:01 PM
My dogs dont care

CynthiaD
02-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I successfully hid my crossdressing from my dog for quite a while, but then one day he came home early and I was busted. It traumatized him so much he's been in therapy ever since. He won't speak to me anymore. He just whines as if to say "That's so wrong!"

So I got him fixed. Ha ha.

Deedee Skyblue
02-15-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a friend who is diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder. Her cats definitely recognize her alters as distinct and different individuals - and love all of them. My cat loves sniffing at my high heels when I'm wearing them - but the only time she is interested in my guy shoes is after I take them off.

Deedee

Alanea
02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
My great dane does a double take when i am dressed, and she can't resist the urge to stick her cold wet nose under my skirt !!!!!
Alanea

Joni T
02-15-2013, 10:39 PM
[A dog is the only living thing on the planet that is always happy to see you]

True statement. If you don't believe it try locking your dog and wife in the trunk of your car, then come back in about an hour and let them out and see which one is happy to see you--lol.
Joni

andrea lace
02-16-2013, 05:12 AM
I have 2 dog one of which is very smart and doesn't care less. The other dog is as scatty as hell and will bark and go nuts if she sees or hears anything out of the norm. The first time she saw me with a wig on she went a little nuts and started barking but as soon as I opened my mouth she realized it was me and was fine. I do get quizzical looks off the smart one though!!!!!!!

~Joanne~
02-16-2013, 09:16 AM
We have a dog and a cat. Neither really act any different towards Me however I am presenting that day. The cat though sheds quite a bit which I absolutely hate and loves to try and steal the camera lens when I am taking pictures

TGMarla
02-16-2013, 10:49 AM
It freaked them out a little bit at first, but now they're used to it, and simply don't much care.

suchacutie
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
"Our" dog has always been partial to women, and the dog actually "belongs" to my daughter and wife. The dog tolerates me. If I'm alone in a room and she (the dog) walks in I'll get a look from her and she turns right around and walks out. We obtained the dog before we found Tina, so there were a number of years when she only knew of me in drab.

Then Tina arrives. A part of learning the details of presenting as a woman involve products that have oders, and she quickly picked up on this difference. The dog's actions clearly change and Tina is treated as "one of the girls".

The really strange action happens the day after Tina "has visited". The dog will keep coming up to me in drab, taking a sniff, and walk away. After a couple of days of that the dog gives up and realizes Tina is again gone, treating my drab self with the same avoidance as she always had!

The dog clearly expresses her preference for Tina! Figures!

Panophobia
02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
My cat hates when I have my winter coat on, she freaks out. Now she cares less if I am dressed fem or male, but that coat, she snaps.

GirlieAmanda
02-16-2013, 06:22 PM
I have cats. Really I have learned that cats trust smell first and foremost. Then sight, hearing, taste, touch. Only one time my cats paused in the early days. But he smelled me then he was OK. The opposite happens when one cat goes to the vet and comes back smelling weird. The others look straight at him and they hiss. They smell weird, doesn't matter if they have been buddies for 10 years. Pretty interesting.

Shananigans
02-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Ours dogs could care less. But, my bird is a little sexist. He's a Moluccan cockatoo...very intelligent...but, had 4 previous homes before I adopted him. One of those homes was an abusive environment from a male owner. So, my bird just can't stand men...it's the craziest thing. He has slowly warmed up to my SO, but he used to throw things at my SO...hiss at him...click his beak at him. But, when my SO was en femme, he would just become confused. My SO would talk in a feminine voice, had the wig on, makeup... Mango (my bird) wasnt really pleased with him, but he also wasnt aggressive. He kind of would give a sort of bewildered look, hold his foot straight out (in a "talk to the hand" sort of way), or bite his toe nails...which, are usually signs that he is nervous/wants space. But, he was not aggressive towards his en femme.

Luckily, my SO has earned Mango's trust, and they get along much better now.

It's just weird that he had a positive reaction to my SO en femme, because he generally hates for people to change their appearance. He comes unglued when I have hot rollers in my hair, or if I wear glasses. He's also not a fan of me wearing red lipstick.

You can also really tick him off by talking in an accent...you can get a full blown tantrum from him by talking to him in a Jamaican accent.

Birds are very weird...as are their owners.

happypanty
02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Haha my dogs could care less. They only car if their mom comes home. Cuz she feeds them most of the time.

SarahLynn
02-16-2013, 10:26 PM
I really hate it when my cat is dressed. He prances around in his heels and hose. Wears his skirts to short and he wears the most revealing blouses. His only redeaming value is he needs no curlers for his hair as it's naturally teased to a layered look. The only reason I know him when dressed is because he is the only one in the house with black hair. And when wearing his makeup it's absolutly disgusting. Bright red lipstick, dark blue eye shadow and mascara. And bugger him, his lashes are near as long as his whiskers. He went out last night sneaking around raising a ruckus in the neighbourhood and getting all the puddy cats to chase after him. Fair guess they wanted his Christian Dior pantssuit, and his fur lined snow boots.

SarahLynn

daine
02-16-2013, 11:16 PM
The dogs &cat don't seem to care the bird will bite the heckout of me when dress as male . When dressed as a female he want his head rubbed & be real friendly.

Dianne
04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I have a couple of a White poodles. They are very curious about me when I am crossdressed... like... "this is my owner yet? He is a man or she is a lady??"