PDA

View Full Version : Perturbing question, perhaps you can help me understand

Nicole Brown
02-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Perhaps it's just me, and perhaps you girls can help me understand something. I will begin my HRT regiment by the end of this month and begin living as Nicole full time by the middle of the year. With luck I will develop my own breasts which will be one size and one size only. What I do not understand is the desire or need by some of the girls to adjust your bust size to accommodate your outfit. This also relates to some girl's needs to totally change their hair color and hair style on a near daily basis.

To my knowledge, most GGs do not change their hair color or style or their bust size on a daily basis yet many of us do. Why do we do this?

I have worn the same hair style and color for over 3 years and have been very happy with my forms which give me a B cup figure. For those of you who change their hair or bust size can you please explain this to me. Thanks girls...

flatlander_48
02-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Can't speak to hair, but forms are probably more related to how I feel at that point in time. Sometimes just because you CAN do something raises the likelihood that you will. Most of us have a fairly limited number of people we come in contact with with any frequency while dressed. Either they don't know you (store clerks for example) or people that you do know and they realize that have changed presentation. They would probably also know that it isn't permanent. However, with real women, it might raise some eyebrows if you show up at work one day as a B-cup and the next day as a DD. Of course, if you're looking for a conversation starter...

sandra-leigh
02-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Women do adjust the size of their bust to suit their outfit, by choosing different bras. Minimizing bras, cleavage bras, push-up bras, Oh God Do I Need Support bras...

Barbara Ella
02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
I have been changing hair, hops, and bust size. Primarily because this is still so new to me, I do not have a good picture of exactly what it is I should/want to look like. I am still developing and trying to get comfortable with myself.

Barbara

katlee
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Well a lot of GGs will stuff their bras, put on certain makeup or wear figure flattering clothing. It really depends on the image you are trying to portray.

Rogina B
02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Change the wig,change the look! All good fun!

AllieSF
02-14-2013, 09:37 PM
I have two form sizes and only wear the smaller one when the tops or dress that I am wearing needs the smaller size. One reason I need the smaller forms is because I buy most of my clothes from thrift stores and sometimes that special top I fell in love with just happened to be a size smaller than what I normally wear. I have maintained the same hair color (wig) for several years now and have only varied the style slightly.

Sandra1746
02-14-2013, 09:49 PM
I used to work with a GG who regularly changed the color of her hair. The frequency was approximately bi-monthly, but it was still quite frequent. As for changing looks with makeup, some GGs seem to make a minor profession of doing that.

The real answer is make yourself comfortable. If regular change is your style, go for it. If otherwise, then that's fine too. Find your niche and fill it.

Enjoy life,
Sandra1746

kimdl93
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Honestly, I do make a switch from c to d cups. It's an aesthetic matter. In some tops I think a little more looks a little better...in other outfits I opt for slightly less on too. I know that is a subtle difference. But even my wife sometimes opts for bras with more or less padding.

kate473
02-15-2013, 11:02 AM
More than the size, it's what clothes you wear--how closely they follow the curves.

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Nicole,
Like you I remain constant in my bust size. B suits me fine.
I think other X Dressing girls like to experiment and it is possibly because they can and only dress at weekends.
I am CD but I do not experiment with body shape.
I do change wigs because I can although when I go out I wear the same color and hairstyle.
The style might change but I am comfortable with color.
As you are being serious with your life I would take note of others transitioning do.
I would bet a change of hair color occasionally but breast size would be constant.
I sometimes even just wear an A cup bra because it fits and I still have a nice cleavage.

Angela Campbell
02-15-2013, 02:26 PM
GG's do change their hair on a daily basis. Not the color - they cannopt do that so often because of the damage that would take place, not to mention the cost - but they will style it differently very often depending on where they are going, what they are wearing or just how much effort they want to expend that day. Breast size is not changed but enhanced with different kinds of bras too.

I have 2 wigs I use. One is longer on the sides and the other is more upswept. Different looks for different occasions. Both are the same color. I use 2 breastforms and again depending on the outfit which one looks better, they are similar in size but different in shape. (I have 2 others but don't use them anymore)

Kate Simmons
02-15-2013, 02:52 PM
It's just that for myself, it's become mostly a form of art Nicole. I like trying different looks and especially in conjunction for when I perform at the club to songs, etc. which I really enjoy doing. Each performance stands alone as it's own particular piece of art. If I were going to transition, I'd no doubt settle down to a particular look and keep it for every day but when it comes to performing the "gloves" are off for myself and anything is possible.I'm kind of like Cassandra Peterson in that respect. She considers herself "in drag" when she's Elvira. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Nicole Brown
02-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks ladies, what all of you have said makes a lot of sense and I better understand some of the reasons that you change your chest size, hair color and hair style. Not to be a snob, but I just don't get it. Maybe it is because of my being a pre-op TS, but I still have a hard time understanding some of it.

I agree that most woman change their hair style to fit the occasion, I do this myself. My normal style, as pictured in my avatar, has been my go to style for over 3 years, but on occasions I will wear it up or in a bun. Today it is pulled back in a large clip and every now and then it can be seen in a pony tail. But the color doesn't change and the length doesn't change greatly. When I look at most of the GGs I know, they seem to do the same as I do, change the style for an occasion, but for the most part, keep the color constant.

And I also agree that most woman do change their style of bra to help create the image that they are looking for. I do the same thing, but I don't change the size of my forms and there in lies the remaining question, why do some of you change the size of your forms? Perhaps I am looking into this too deeply and the answer is as simple as I am looking forward to becoming a woman and will be happy with my breasts as they develop. I cannot see myself having my breasts changed to fit or enhance an outfit. I believe there is a craftsman known as a tailor whose job it is to make the clothing fit your body.

OK, enough, whatever, to each their own. I guess that I am just one of many and views things a little differently. Thanks to all of their input....

kellycan27
02-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I change my hair color on a whim. My natural color is brown, but sometimes ( like now) it's red and at other times its blonde. Why you ask? Because I can. Changing my look is fun and something that I enjoy doing. I don't understand why you would take issue with this.
I have implants and although I cannot change my bust size I can display them differently at times. Sometimes I feel sexy and sometimes I feel bold. Sometimes i even go braless... Here again I have to wonder why this would bother you. Some people come off as being trans is serious business and if one actually enjoys dressing and looking pretty or sexy they are somehow remiss. That's not what being transsexual is about! I don't buy that. I love my female self and I love the perks that go,along with being a female.

Nicole Brown
02-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I change my hair color on a whim. My natural color is brown, but sometimes ( like now) it's red and at other times its blonde. Why you ask? Because I can. Changing my look is fun and something that I enjoy doing. I don't understand why you would take issue with this.
I have implants and although I cannot change my bust size I can display them differently at times. Sometimes I feel sexy and sometimes I feel bold. Sometimes i even go braless... Here again I have to wonder why this would bother you. Some people come off as being trans is serious business and if one actually enjoys dressing and looking pretty or sexy they are somehow remiss. That's not what being transsexual is about! I don't buy that. I love my female self and I love the perks that go,along with being a female.

You know Kelly, I think you are taking me wrong. I have absolutely no issue with any of this, actually I was just asking a couple of questions. I read something in several of the other threads which caused me to wonder why some of the girls do things as they do.

My point of view is just that, my thoughts and mine alone. What I was actually trying to accomplish was to understand why some people do what they do. I asked my questions, a group of girls replied and gave me their thoughts and reasons and all I can say is that I now have a better understanding of their actions and reasons.

Please believe me, I have no issue at all with either point.

KellyJameson
02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
It seems to me you have a very healthy relationship to breasts because you do not need to sexualize them.

Natal woman get breast implants not because they are having an erotic relationship with their own breasts but because of the person they want to present to the world but they run the risk of sexually objectifying themselves or being seduced by body image insecurities formed by the culture they live in.

Similarly some woman actually have breast reductions partly from physical discomfort but also because they are uncomfortable with the unwanted attention so once again it is about presentation but with different motivations.

I have watched the relationship many transsexuals have to breast size and it is very telling to their inner world and motivations for transitioning

I commend you for your healthy attitude and seeming lack of need to sexually objectify yourself.

Many could learn from you.

Remember the eyes we look out of are shaped by our sexuality so this sexuality decides are relationship to that which is sexually arousing.

Your sexuality partly affects your attitude toward breasts

kellycan27
02-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Really? And you are an expert on what motivates natal women to get implants? I suppose you read this in some kind of study or something of this nature. And breast size being a motivating factor for many to transition? I think your post has to do with your own insecurities regarding sex and sexuality. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy attitude towards either , nor is there anything wrong with having a healthy attitude about our bodies.
I know a number of natal women who have gotten breast augmentation simply because they wanted bigger boobs!

kellycan27
02-15-2013, 11:01 PM
You know Kelly, I think you are taking me wrong. I have absolutely no issue with any of this, actually I was just asking a couple of questions. I read something in several of the other threads which caused me to wonder why some of the girls do things as they do.

My point of view is just that, my thoughts and mine alone. What I was actually trying to accomplish was to understand why some people do what they do. I asked my questions, a group of girls replied and gave me their thoughts and reasons and all I can say is that I now have a better understanding of their actions and reasons.

Please believe me, I have no issue at all with either point.

Well I guess you threw me off with your use of the word perturbed which as was pointed out means bothered. As far as cross dressers go what is wrong with experimenting and changing of hair color, style of dress or how they display their breast forms? Natal women do it all the time.

Nicole Brown
02-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Well I guess you threw me off with your use of the word perturbed which as was pointed out means bothered. As far as cross dressers go what is wrong with experimenting and changing of hair color, style of dress or how they display their breast forms? Natal women do it all the time.

I guess I have to take a hit on this one Kelly. I had always thought that the word perturb meant to puzzle or confuse and only just realized my possible error while reading through recent replies. I even had to go to several online dictionaries to verify its meaning and in fact found that the word confuse is actually a synonym for the word perturb. Hmmmm....

Thanks to those who pointed this out to me, I stand corrected and apologize for my possible incorrect usage of the word perturbed.

BillieAnneJean
02-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Why change? Like crossdressing itself. Because we can. It is easy with a choice of size and wig color. GGs can't do it so easily. What they wake up with is what they (lucky girls) get.
Like the old Almond Joy add says: "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't." Such wisdom in adverts!
Have fun and enjoy those babies as they grow. Maybe you will end up with double EEs or FFs. Then whadda gona do?
Good luck in your new life!

kellycan27
02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
I guess I have to take a hit on this one Kelly. I had always thought that the word perturb meant to puzzle or confuse and only just realized my possible error while reading through recent replies. I even had to go to several online dictionaries to verify its meaning and in fact found that the word confuse is actually a synonym for the word perturb. Hmmmm....

Thanks to those who pointed this out to me, I stand corrected and apologize for my possible incorrect usage of the word perturbed.

No harm... No foul

Rhonda Ann
02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Personally, this is just me, it's just a mood. One day I'm in the mood for my DD the next I feel my C forms are too big. One day I want to be blonde the next I want to be a burnet. Other than that I couldn't tell you why my mood changes.

Melissa Rose
02-16-2013, 12:54 AM
The simplest reason is because it can be done with little cost or penalty. In other words, it is very easy with a very low physical cost. Changing hair color or style is as simple as changing wigs. Changing breast size is as easy as changing forms and bra size. The only tangible cost is the financial cost of buying multiple wigs and forms. I bet the frequency of change would decrease as the non-financial cost increased. Changing hair color and style and breast size when they are "real" is substantially more difficult and costly. It is as simple as "because I can".

AllieSF
02-16-2013, 04:51 AM
I understand your question. What I do not understand is that after getting some very reasonable answers, you still don't "get" it. Look at the people that still do not get that some men, just like me, want to and enjoy dressing up as women. Take similar people that don't get that you are a woman in a man's body. Nicole, to me anyways, it seems that you are over analyzing something that really is not that important to me and I would guess many others. Why is it important to you?CD's, TS's and natal women change their hair colors (total dye jobs to highlights just like my daughter and ex-wife) all the time. They use soft thin bras, push up bras, lacy and fancy bras. They do it because it makes them feel good, may impress someone that they want to impress and it works for them. I don't ask them why because it is not that important to me. If I don't like there color or style, I never fear because they will eventually change it and normally to something that I like better with no input from me.

So, in another way of answering your questions, I will ask you one, why does it seem to bother you? Asking it twice in the same thread is, to me anyways, a clear indication that for whatever reason it bothers you. Believe me it is not worth the bother!

Nicole Brown
02-16-2013, 08:35 AM
I understand your question. What I do not understand is that after getting some very reasonable answers, you still don't "get" it. Look at the people that still do not get that some men, just like me, want to and enjoy dressing up as women. Take similar people that don't get that you are a woman in a man's body. Nicole, to me anyways, it seems that you are over analyzing something that really is not that important to me and I would guess many others. Why is it important to you?CD's, TS's and natal women change their hair colors (total dye jobs to highlights just like my daughter and ex-wife) all the time. They use soft thin bras, push up bras, lacy and fancy bras. They do it because it makes them feel good, may impress someone that they want to impress and it works for them. I don't ask them why because it is not that important to me. If I don't like there color or style, I never fear because they will eventually change it and normally to something that I like better with no input from me.

So, in another way of answering your questions, I will ask you one, why does it seem to bother you? Asking it twice in the same thread is, to me anyways, a clear indication that for whatever reason it bothers you. Believe me it is not worth the bother!

Thank you for your thoughts Allie, I appreciate your taking the time to respond to me. In reality, none of this bothers me, I was simply questioning 2 items that I was puzzled about. I have developed many close friendships with quite a few GGs and my observations have shown me that they tend to remain with a single hair color, and for most of the time, a single styling. Likewise, I have never seen any of them go from a C cup to a DD cup and back again. Thus my question "why do some of us do these things?"

I for one have worked hard and I am currently creating a style for myself which will allow me to pass as and be accepted as any other woman. We all know the old saying "imitation is the greatest form of flattery", well I guess that is what I am trying to do, to imitate or copy the best parts of being a woman, and not just trying to look like one.

So, to sum it up, I am not bothered by anyone's choice to change their hair color or style nor their desire to change their breast size. I have been since the beginning of this thread questioning why some of the girls here do this. It is as simple as that, curiosity, plain and simply curiosity.

Nicole Brown
02-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Very cute hairstyle and you're quite the lady Nicole...LEAVE HER ALONE YOU CLOWNS! :)

OK. lets get down to it.

My wife is also a Jersey Girl...Born and raised in Piscataway...changes her hair color, her nail color, her brows, her foundation, make-up, lipstick, whenever she feels the 'urge'. I can't put a time-frame on it, but one day she'll be a blonde with PURPLE highlights, black nails, then it's almost like i wake up and here she's a brunette with shocking pink finger and toe-nails...then she's a black haired raven with blood red nails...the only way I can explain it is...

SHE wants to be HER!

There is, in fact, no explaining it. It's just her preferance, and as her husband for life, I LOVE that about her...I'm pleased with whatever she chooses to present as...ONE THING SHE DOESN'T CHANGE...that I do?

Breast size! She's happy with hers just as they are, and me? Well...lets see...I have 7 boxes of different forms...GO FIGURE! :)

Hi Purlpe, you lucky girl, having a Jersey girl for a wife is a truly wonderful thing!

Thank you for standing up for me and for coming to my rescue. I must have lost the ability to make myself understood or forgotten proper use of the English language because I cannot believe how a simple question has received so many replies. I truly appreciate all of the responses that provided valid reasons and explanations for ones choice to change their hair color or style and to also change their breast size, What I am a little bit upset about is some of the replies that were less than friendly in their tone and quite simply attacking in nature.

I guess the answer to my question is simple, don't ask any more questions unless you are willing and able to accept some unpleasant responses.

BLUE ORCHID
02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Nicole, Variety is the spice of life, I have about twenty wigs in various styles, lengths and colors but my favorite about 90% of the time
is my light curly shoulder length blonde wig.

Also I can co from a C cup to a DDD cup with two sets of forms and padding. but most of the time it's just a 44-D.

Having the ability to change is part of the fun and excitement not being 24/7-- 365 probably makes a difference
I don't have to maintain the same appearance day to day.

That's just my take on the question Thanks > Orchid

Shananigans
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm a GG...I definitely have bras for different occassions.

God...I can't believe I am admitting this online...

But, anyway, Victoria's Secret has a plethora of different bras to help you with what you're working with... When I lost weight, I also lost boon weight. I'm sitting comfortably at a size 4 right now, and I can tell you that my boobs have never looked better...but, they're smaller. And, that's where VS comes into play...I have a few bras that basically push everything that I have all the way up, and the bottom is filled with whatever magical filling Victoria put in her bras. (Working out also helps because you just beat gravity even more).

So, Friday night, I look like I had a boob job. Monday night, I am still looking good...but, I don't look like I've walked off a porn set.

It used to be that you had your t-shirt bras and your push-up bras...now, you have your push-up bras and you PUSH-UP bras. And, I'm one of the majority of women doing this crap...and, my boobs aren't even that small. But, the girls with big boobs just got bigger boobs and the girls with small boobs just got really nice boobs. My best friend is also a fan of these crazy push up bras, and we will "chest bump" each other...like football players...only without the sports.

Do we wear them every day? Nah...they're pretty uncomfortable...kind of weird feeling. But, if you are hitting the clubs and really want to rest your chin on your own cleavage, you can put a really tight regular push up bra on under your ridiculous VS push up bra....then, take a safety pin and pin the straps together in the back....throw some bronzes on that ish...good to go. I'm sure that the first thing going through everyone's mind is that I'm doing this to get men...but, I was at a gay bar the last time I pulled this one over. I think a lot of people went bi that night.

I don't even feel bad about it because I've been with my SO 4 years...and, he's a CD so he's in full support of body enhancement lol.

I used to dye my hair, but it looked like crap. My hair is really dark and shiny...it looks best when I just leave it alone. But, me during the day is totally different from me at night...during the day, my hair is up and out of the way...at night, my hair could be in any number of styles. We were going through this phase where we put a bunch of crap in our hair...like glitter hairspray to the clubs...thank God that trend died. We also went through this phase where we wore this teased bump in the middle of our heads (like Shih Tzus or the bride of Frankenstein)...and, unfortunately, some girls are still trying to keep this look alive.

But, yeah, there may or may not have been a time that I pulled the "two bra trick" and wore glitter in my hair...it wasnt even that long ago, which is even more sad. I think women really can fall into the "fashion victim" categories and have really drastic changes in their styles. I generally have a look that is more individualized to me now, but I can't say that I'm flaunting my natural beauty if I'm in a dress that looks like underwear, two bras, "Barbie legs" pantyhose, false eyelashes, bleached teeth, and hair that I tortured with various heating tools. But, in this day and age, I'm one of the "naturally pretty" ones...so, that basically just means that my age group is kind of ridiculous...but, we look pretty good doing whatever the heck we are doing.

So, I can't judge CDs much. But, if you can't make it out the door because you are too busy looking in the mirror while trying on your 3 different sizes of breast forms (L, XL, and The Back Breakers)....you might have a problem ;) For anyone who is TS and transitioning, you may feel like you are stuck with one natural size now...but, gurlfrand, I'll chest bump yoself straight into that VS store. We'll talk about what terrible examples we are for feminism later.

Vickie_CDTV
02-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Motivations to change one's femme appearance can be similar to crossdressing in general; sometimes, it is just fun to be "someone else" for a while. Also, some hetero men like variety, so if they dress that might be a reason as well.

Julogden
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks ladies, what all of you have said makes a lot of sense and I better understand some of the reasons that you change your chest size, hair color and hair style. Not to be a snob, but I just don't get it. Maybe it is because of my being a pre-op TS, but I still have a hard time understanding some of it.

Really? You've been around here for a few years, and all of a sudden now that you're on hormones and aren't "just" a CD anymore, you don't understand CD's? IMO, it's precisely because you are beginning to be a snob, better knock that off before you get carried away.

Carol