PDA

View Full Version : Went to another store. Much better this time

Gwinnie
02-15-2013, 04:35 PM
I went to another Dress Barn during my lunch today. I looked at a few things and talked to the girl there. She was much more helpful than the last one. I was trying not to be as nervous and strange this time. I didn't get a dressing room this time. Maybe next time. I do love how they seem to have quite a few blouses in plus size that have billowy sleeves. Now, on me I don't know how billowy they will be. But maybe I will be surprised. I didn't see the dress I wanted but oh well. I asked the girl there about dressing rooms and if it was okay. She said sure. You do what you gotta do. Not sure if that was a slam or not. But I'll take it as a not.

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Must go to Dress Barn one day, been everywhere else.
I am looking for a cottage blouse, and have been for a number of years.

Linda Leigh
02-15-2013, 08:23 PM
You are doing well with your shopping.

Linda

Ariamythe
02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
I have not yet gotten up the courage to go into a place like Dress Barn or Lane Bryant -- somewhere that specializes in just women's clothes, somewhere I'd have to engage the employees. I'm doing fine right now in places like JC Penneys, where I can shop in relative anonymity and slip into the men's fitting rooms. Maybe someday I'll muster the courage ...

Renee
02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Good for you. As I said in your other post Dress Barn is a friendly place to shop. Just relax and be yourself. Correspond with the sales assistants and be up front with them. I will normally only use the dressing room when they are not crowded so the women shopping there are not put in an uneasy position. I ask for help and have given my share of advice to other shoppers when asked. Ali, just go in and be one of the girls. You have taken a big step going to Penneys, now it is time to find out that there are plenty of places that are very willing to take your money and to be friendly when given the chance.