PDA

View Full Version : Not a make up gay?

SandraV
02-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Just thought I’d share a funny story from my brief visit to a M.A.C store earlier today.
As I was driving between a supplier and the office (in drab work clothes), decided I needed a new concealer to hide stubble and stopped by MAC. Walked in and explained to the SA that I was looking for a concealer. She first asked if it was for my eyes, which in hindsight, should have said yes. Have not slept much the last few days and it definitely shows with some nice dark circles. But I digress, I said that I needed concealer to hide beard stubble. She was nice enough and with a smile proceeded to try a couple on me to find the right tone. Once she was done she walked away to grab the product and in passing mentioned: “don’t worry, I’ll give you a wipe to clean that off”. Took the wipe and as I was cleaning off the concealer she said, “you look good now, it’s all gone. Not a makeup gay, hu?” Totally caught me by surprise. Took all I had to stop myself from laughing out loud. All I managed was an “excuse me?!” with a big smile on my face. She just blushed and immediately corrected herself “I mean, not a makeup day?” :doh: Somehow I stopped myself from laughing and just answered that no, it was not. Had to go back to work.

Can’t really complain much I suppose. She was an older lady and, other than her snafu, was rather nice. Still, thought it was quite funny to get a glimpse of her conclusion of who I was…

bimini1
02-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Interesting. My wife was made up by some gay men working at the MAC counter. Well, maybe they weren't gay, I stereotype. They had on make-up, acted effeminate. But were dressed otherwise in male attire.
I was kinda jealous.

Beverley Sims
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
I really think she meant to say not a makeup guy eh!
I have had it said to me when I went and asked about bags under the eyes.
We chatted about "things" and when I went back dressed and her gay friend did my eyes for nix.
That was Saks in the square in San Francisco.
We joked a lot because I kept telling him I believed he was not gay, and he said he didn't believe I wasn't a gorgeous woman.
We both agreed we must have been blind as the other staff looked on incredulously at the goings on.
Who said Saks was a snooty place anyway.
It usually costs money just to open the door.