PDA

View Full Version : OUTED by the boy-child

AndreaCD1963
02-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Last night I was at a charity event. While sitting at the table with friends and family, we were all bantering back and forth, when all of a sudden the boy-child countered something with "well at least I don't paint my toes with pretty colors". Awkward moment, and the SIL looked at me and said "really?" Well, what could I could I do - I wasn't about to deny it and make him look like a liar, so I quickly decided to own it and said yes. Her response was "well that's a pretty effeminate thing for a guy to do" ... and the evening just carried on from there with nothing more said.

Now to wait and see if she says anything more, either to me or to anyone else.

TxKimberly
02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Good for you! i've been there and done that myself and made the same call that you did - not gonna make my own child sound or feel like a liar to save my own hide.

stephNE
02-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Andrea, I think you handled it very well. Steph.

Rogina B
02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Whatever the SIL says or not,it really isn't harmful in the whole scheme of things anyway!

tiffanyjo89
02-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Do you have a daughter? There are probably a lot of men who let their daughters, in lack of someone else to use, paint their toes.

Rachelakld
02-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Good time to mention that sometimes you like to play dressup???

Jamie001
02-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Congratulations on being honest. The good thing is that now you can wear sandals openly and show those pretty painted toes. You should be proud of who are.

BLUE ORCHID
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi Andrea, Just one word , ( BUSTED )

AndreaCD1963
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks Ladies. Yeah, busted just about sums it up. But I'm not really worried - as my SO said when we quickly chatted about it later --- so what, it doesn't change who you are. I'm at a point where, although I'm not broadcasting it or anything, if anyone does find out, it doesn't matter. And yes, that just means that sandals and flip flops in the summer can be worn more often as more people find out :)

Di
02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I really liked that you owned it.:thumbsup: And your S O is right it does not change who you are:hugs:

and really like this

And yes, that just means that sandals and flip flops in the summer can be worn more often as more people find out

Not a crime,not a big deal and you handled it perfectly.:D

darla_g
02-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Andrea, I think you handled the situation as best you could. You didn't mention it, but how old is the boy-child?

As far as I am concerned this is another one of the reasons I decided not to share my crossdressing with my children. You don't need someone throwing this up in your face. I have seen this numerous times both in my experience and with other people I know that once a child reaches the teen age years they are exploring their boundaries and testing their parent's authority. I know I did it as a lesser extent when i was that age, as did my siblings, but there would have been hell to pay if I had embarrassed either parent in public.

So my question now is what have you done after this incident with the child?

AndreaCD1963
02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Darla - he's 12. When my SO and I got together, he was 6 and his sister was 12. At that time, we decided to not share this part of me with her children, primarily due to a strained relationship with their father and the fear that he might use this as "ammunition" against my SO. But, last summer while on vacation in Florida, I decided (with my SO's support) to wear sandals and flip flops around the pool etc. and see how the kids reacted. They freaked out a bit, for about an hour, and that was the end of it. On our next vacation (this past NYE) I did it again (this time the girl-child brought along another 18 yr old girlfriend), and there was nothing said at all.

As for this past Friday night - it happened and that was the end of it. Haven't said anything to him at all - because he didn't do anything wrong. We never said "don't tell anyone" - knowing full well that children can't keep secrets LOL

We're not about to share all of "me" with the kids ... at least not yet. But as they grow up and learn more, we've decided it's no big deal. And yes, with the realization that as they learn more, inadvertently so will others (again, kids can't keep secrets LOL)

Beverley Sims
02-17-2013, 01:31 PM
If you are quick with a quip it passes over quickly and on to the next piece of mind numbing conversation that occurs in a group.
No never lie about what your son said he was enjoying the social banter as well.
Nor do you put him down. Only thing is at some time you can advise him on protocol.
Well done.

Maria S
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
What is a SIL?

Maria

darla_g
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
What is a SIL?

Mariai am guessing Sister in Law

AndreaCD1963
02-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Sorry, yes .. SIL = Sister in Law

Mikkigurll
02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
I got a lot of that after my wife and I appeared on the "Geraldo Show". I always admitted it and owned it. The man who has been my employer for past 16 years asked me about it and I owned up to it. He said he didn't approve and I told him I was still the same person, but, now he knows more about me. He hired me a couple of years later and it has never come up again.