PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for your better half...

Krististeph
02-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Better half? Ha! My adorable and loving wife of a quarter century just flounced off to bed in a huff, honestly i'm not sure why, but alcohol may have had something to do with it.. but none the less she has miffed me, so i challenge the term 'better half'.

perhaps... 'less well dressed spouse"?? "partner who not only has duller footwear but can run in high heels and platforms nowhere near as good as me?" "wife of better taste than me but who refuses to spend money on herself to look as good as she should"?

regardless of the spat tonight, i need to get her some new shoes and or boots, i've been going crazy this fall and winter. Just got another pair of platforms (mid length booties, soon to be featured in color...) on sale. I have a serious problem, a big DSW store is 3 miles from my night class, and right before class is a wonderful time to go shopping- few other customers.

Anyway, I need to apply my crossdressing powers to analyzing her current footwear, and getting her numerous and varied items on sale (her specification, although i'll reserve the right to buy a pair at full price if they are the right style).

Wish me luck all, she wears only low to mid heels, and nothing too wild or even edgy.. but i'll be happy to return a half dozen pair to get her one good pair she will wear.

Good lord... : women. And we try to be like them? Am i a complete fool or what? Even my therapist friend cannot contain himself when I bring this up...

If God loves humor and irony: crossdressers are of the highest circle of the blessed.

Eryn
02-17-2013, 02:28 AM
If the alcohol in questions is in you I suggest that you sleep it off before you make any decisions.

Not every GG is, or wants to be, a fashion expert. Many dress more conservatively, have more dollars in their bank accounts and aren't on a first-name basis with podiatrists. If you really want to do something nice for your wife take her shopping for shoes, buy her the ones she wants, and give her the same tolerance she is showing to you.

Shelly Preston
02-17-2013, 04:32 AM
Commenting on her dress sense and running abilites will not make things better if she reads this. I think Eryn has the right idea. Take her shopping so she can choose what works best. Remember not all shoes are the same and some look great but can kill your feet, to the point they can be unwearable.

Angela Campbell
02-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Rather than shopping you might want to try to understand why she was upset with you.

Beverley Sims
02-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Paragraph 1 Don't challenge what you already have. Sound's like she is the better half at the moment.

Paragraph 2. Wives can be like that I look more flashy when dressed than mine but I would never criticize her.

Paragraph 3. Forget tonight's spat completely. Buy her a present.

Paragraph 4. Analyze your cross dressing powers and then buy what you think she desires. Bugger the cost.

Paragraph 5.I wish you luck, but do the right thing.

Paragraph 6. Women, we all like them and a lot of us are LUCKY to have ADORABLE and LOVING ones at that.

Paragraph 7. I am sure God loves you too.

As an aside I use alcohol to strip paint off my model railway carriages when I am modifying them, it works a treat.

mikiSJ
02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Seems to me there is a bit of a competition you are having with your wife and your wife doesn't want to participate.

BTW, doing anything drunk is stupid, and then writing about it shows little class.

Amy A
02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I hope in the morning when you read back through this that you see how it perhaps doesn't come across in the best of lights. And why the hell does it matter how well she can run in high heels? My SO can barely walk in them but she's the finest, most elegant woman I've ever had the good fortune to meet.

Krististeph
02-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Sorry all, I meant something different than what seems to have come across. It was meant and irritation at the person I loved, and even though she was being pissy, I still loved her. We do this to each other, as most couples do, but we always know the other is there for each other. we are literally best friends, as well as devoted and loyal spouses. But is she perfect? HELL no, just like me. And we deal with it. Just gets a little spiky some times.

And I was amused by the fact it didn't really bother me anymore.
I guess it's a hard concept to get across. No worries- we are a stronger team than most. Friday, it'll be bra shopping. :-) Thanks for all your concerns!