PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Legs Question

Lisa Marie
12-08-2005, 12:15 PM
How often do you ladies shave your legs? I just shaved mine about a week ago and its starting to feel like hair is growing on them again. Buy the way a special thanks goes out to all the ladies who told me to use lotion. I shaved for the first time this winter last week and ive been using lotion for about a month and no bumps red marks or scratches. First time for that. Angie

Kierci
12-08-2005, 12:24 PM
First off welcome to the forum, my shaving depends on the frequency of wearing short skirts or dresses, but it usually ends up needing to shave weekly :( I also use skintimate shave gel it has lotion in it so I dont have to use a secondary lotion

Tina Dixon
12-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Well as you can see I have yet to shave mine:wink:

Lisa Marie
12-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jenny but Ive been here since July (giggles) :D

Meag
12-08-2005, 01:15 PM
The thing here is, nothing to shave. For some good reason, it quit growing and much have fallen out. But no one has ever asked why I shave my legs, so I can tell them NO HAIR. The same goes for the armpits, No hair. Now if the rest would just fall out I would have it made.

Meag

Katie Ashe
12-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I shave every 3 days, I :mad: body hair !!!

Wendy me
12-08-2005, 02:31 PM
yes abought every 2 or 3 days doing the shaveing thingy.....

_Janelle_
12-08-2005, 02:43 PM
I shave about twice a week - once a week I do a through job with the Skintimate gel, and the other time is usually a quickie using shampoo lather. One thing I have been using daily for the past month or so with good results is this stuff from Jergens - really seems to work - the hair is less bristly

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=70004&catid=10401&aid=333840&aparam=y3mfX31U70A-GFG3rPAbEwTJhRbzmmA7.w

Nikki Dee
12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi. Hun...as I love my legs to feel smooth ALL of the time...I shave every 2 days...as soon as I start to feel the stubble then I just have to shave....same applies to the rest of my body...and yes I spend a lot of time shaving.!!!!!!...but it's worth it.
love Nikki. xx

dawnmcdaniels
12-08-2005, 04:23 PM
every 2-3 days pits and legs and trim arls monthly to 1/4 inch

Ariel_TV
12-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I hate shaving so i get them waxxed . Last about a month and the hair grows back thinner :) .

Stephanie
12-08-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't shave, primarily at the request of my wife, however, frankly I don't crossdress a lot and when I do it's not in public so I don't really worry too much about my (moderately) hairy legs (also I'm just not that big on shaving except for my facial hair-which I wouldn't mind losing FOR GOOD!). Even when I did go out en femme once, I just wore some dark black pantyhose which seemed to cover my leg hair just fine.

Christa
12-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I shave every 3 days or so. Stubble is noticeable in about 12 hours, but really starts to bug me after 48 hours.

I use the Schick Quattro For Women blade, and LOVE it. It's nearly impossible to cut yourself with this thing. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=139762&catid=89899&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=89899&trxp2=139762&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

The best routine for minimizing stubble, I've found, is this:
- Soak in a hot tub for at least 5 or 10 mintues. This softens the hair and preps it for a closer shave.
- Wash with a loofa or, my favorite, those scratchy hand gloves to exfoliate the skin.
- Shave with the Schick Quattro For Women.
- Rinse really well.
- Apply an astringent (stings... but worth it) to minimize red bumps in sensitive areas like the bikini line.
- Apply a good noncomedogenic (won't clog pores) lotion (I use Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Lotion that impedes new hair growth).

If I could afford it, I'd have permanent laser hair removal. But for now, shaving well will have to suffice.

More than you ever wanted to know...

:cute:

-Christa

ginafaye
12-08-2005, 05:19 PM
i shave daily or every other day i have such little natual body hair its just so easy to use soap and just skim overmyself..........what i miss one day i catch tommorrow.........must be some native indian in me somewhere........

Lisa Marie
12-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Is it true that if you always shave your legs your hair stops growing? Thought that was only supposed to happen to women but does it happen to guys to? Curious :confused:

Gale R
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Not true for men or women Angie Marie, i wish it was though.:(

stefi
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I think its just the opposite . The more you shave, the more your going to shave to keep it looking good . stefi ;)

Kierci
12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
I think its just the opposite . The more you shave, the more your going to shave to keep it looking good . stefi ;)

how many years have we been shaving our faces? mine doesnt seem to be declining any in fact I am thinking about plucking my freaking beard.

Kierci
12-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jenny but Ive been here since July (giggles) :D

oops sorry Angie forgot where I was for a minute, wait you should be welcoming me then, hmmm so where is it hmmm hmmm LOL :D

MaylinJane
12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
I shave something everyday. Chest/stomach one day, underarms and forearms the next, then legs. So I guess that's once every three days. I don't use any kind of shaving cream. I use suave's aloe vera hair conditioner, I get it at my local dollar store, it's alot cheaper and I've never had razor burn or red bumps since I made the switch from all the different shave creams and gels I tried before.

May

Leilani68
12-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Usually every other day.
If I miss an extra day the Wife tells me, and I get right on it.
She enjoys my body shaved, as do I (duh)........:)

MikiAnne
12-09-2005, 07:59 AM
hey folks.....
shaving body hair seems to be a necessary evil for we T-gals....for me... I use an epilady to rip the dratted stuff out by the roots... the first few times it was excruciating (what we wont do to look pretty!) bur subsequently my body hair grows back in VERY slowly and much finer.....I dont reccomend it if you have a low pain tolerance..... but I love it to reduce the amount of shaving i have to do....

Hugs..
Miki

karen marie
12-09-2005, 09:20 AM
shaving my legs once a week works for me.
hugs,karen

Felicity
12-09-2005, 06:55 PM
I've been shaving every day. I find the lotion I use keeps my skin moist enough to shave in the bath with just what stays on the skin! I then use a cheap body wash, then a more expensive aloe vera body wash in the shower. Afterwards, I put the lotion on again. It’s a very rewarding daily ritual!

My daily ritual started to keep my pores open and skin moisturized. I’ve been tanning on a daily basis.

Paula Rae
12-09-2005, 07:12 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I use Nair on my legs and arms but I only have to use it twice monthly. My hair was never very thick to begin with and grows back thin and slow.
I only have to shave my face every three days or so, I guess I have a lot of girly genes.

Ricki B

Staci
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I think I am also a lucky one. I shaved my legs once just to try it. I have very light colored leg hair so is difficult to see it anyway. Always had people give me a hard time when wearing shorts. They would ask if I shave my legs as it was so hard to see. I also don't go out in public. With nylons on you can't tell the difference. From the sounds of some of the posts and the amount of time you spend shaving I guess I have it pretty good.

sarahsfiona GG
12-09-2005, 11:18 PM
If I could afford it, I'd have permanent laser hair removal. But for now, shaving well will have to suffice.
-Christa

I DID the laser hair removal for almost a year. Grrrrrrr. Still have hair, dadgummit. So I use an epillator (youch) on the remaining hairs, but one of these days, I'm going back to see if I can kill the diehards.

Fiona, who also hates body hair

Kim E
12-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I only need to shave my legs about once a month and then its only hit and miss. No hair. What's weird is that I seem to have more hair on my arms than on my legs and underarms put together. Its light and fine hair but I shave my arms about once a week. I can't stand having hairy arms.

Kim

Felicity
12-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Well Stacy, I kinda like it. The daily shave leaves me with very smooth legs. The next day, not very notable, but if I go two days.... Notable Stubble....

What is funny, is I leave my arm hair but shave everywhere else. Due to the daily tanning, it is a golden blond. My skin is several shades darker than my hair! It might appear as nonexistand if I had less, but it is thick enough and long enough to be notable.

Robyn2006
12-10-2005, 12:36 AM
During the winter months, as now, I completely Nair my body, all but my tell-tale arms, every Friday night, and shave the strays during every shower during the week. Although such a pain, it's really such a lovely little gift I now give myself.... I really can't imagine letting my body go the way of the animal ever again! There is absolutely NOTHING that compares with having my body hairless, to have the freedom to wear no hosiery at all!

Robyn

Sam-antha
01-20-2006, 05:37 PM
So many hair posts..... For your info, the rate of hair growth is more or less standard at one centimetre per month. The first month produces a light coloured and downey growth, subsequently hardening and darkening. for poor girls who have thebalck stuff, then visible results are rather different.