PDA

View Full Version : Your name

NurseSamGG
02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm a GG whose BF CD the other day he asked me if he should have a female name for when he's dressed. I replied absolutely! Then he asked me to help him come up with a name, to which I was completely honored and flattered that he wanted my input in this very important decision. I threw out a few names and he came up with one too. The problem is he liked them all....lol. So now we can't decide on just one. My question to all you other ladies out there is how did you come up with your names? Do you have more than one depending on your mood and what you dress in? I just want to help him pick a name that will make him feel as sexy as he is and makes him feel like a beautiful lady.
Thanks to all.
Sam

Annaliese2010
02-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Lady? dunno thats not me. m a girrrrrrl, girl. ;) I was inspired by a waitress I met. She was hot. Sort of edgy. I love the sound of it. Its kinda difrent. Felt right.

Cheryl T
02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
I used a few names over the years until I finally came out to my wife.
At that time I knew I needed to finally choose one that suited me and how I felt and it has been just that. In actuality it is something of a homage to my first crush back in elementary school days. She was tall, intelligent, personable and represented to me all the things I wish to be seen as.

Jenni Yumiko
02-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Jenni is what my friend and I refer to my fem side, it was the first thing to pop up in my head. My wife however feels the opposite of you, that I should not have a different name because it would imply that I am a different person, in the multiple personality disorder sense. We used Michelle when we went shopping one day just so we knew who were talking about. It was the name of my favorite car. Michelle... I miss her :-(

Maria S
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I took my name as a similar feminine version of my male name ie Paul - Paula. It makes life easier when using credit/debit cards and same signature etc to have the same initials. Sometimes I would like a completely different name but I've had this one for so long now it almost feels my female side was christened with it. I have been trying to decide on a middle name starting with A. So many female names end in A ie Andrea, Alicia etc. To have a name Maria Andrea is too many As. I have been toying with either Amy, Alice or Abigail.

Maria

kimdl93
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
I was named Kim at birth...I guess Mom knew from the start!

Lacyfem
02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm "Lacy" as my favorite lingerie from before I can remember 7 or 8 was and still is lacy lingerie as it's so fem.

Beverley Sims
02-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Choose a name that does not have to be repeated or is easily recognizable spelling wise.
Choosing a "sophisticated" name does not necessarily work later in life.

Kate Simmons
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
I have a whole book of names that I came out with years ago. I used the Gene Roddenberry method of picking them out of the air. Every so often I change my name to reflect my personal evolution as a person. My current name (Katherine Megan Simmons) is a combination of Kate Middleton and the last name of a person I used to work with. The middle name is usually optional, however.:battingeyelashes::)

Laura912
02-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Can any of the names you like be combined into a double name such as Sara Elise? With or without the hyphen.

KerryLynn
02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
My name came from my mom. One day when I was a kid I asked her what she would have called me if I had been born a girl. She told me Kerry Lynn and I secretly used it from then on. :)

NV Susan
02-18-2013, 12:10 PM
My name....Susan Victoria Adams. I got the Susan from Johnny Cash's song "Boy Named Sue", I'm a big fan of his music. Victoria came from a old Ford "Crown Victoria' I had. Adams came from an old flame of mine!!

GroovyChristy
02-18-2013, 12:21 PM
My name came from my mom. One day when I was a kid I asked her what she would have called me if I had been born a girl. She told me Kerry Lynn and I secretly used it from then on. :)

It's the same for me. I would have been named "Christine" and called "Christy" for short. Sometimes I think of adding "Rhiannon" as a middle name, just because it's pretty and I love the Fleetwood Mac song.

Trishpdxcd2
02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Mine came from someone I knew and I loved it because I thought it was cute and feminine.

Lorileah
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
T S Eliot wrote about cats having three names and I think often that applies to TG's too. He said there is the name you give the cat, the name you call the cat and a name only the cat knows :)

It will come to you.

BTW, there is already a thread about "your female name" sticky. So let's not make this the how I got my name thread part 2 :)

NicoleScott
02-18-2013, 01:01 PM
You read and hear a lot of female names every day. Don't be in a hurry to choose one. When you see or hear the name for you, you'll know it.

ssmjoanne
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
My wife gave me my name.

Diane Smith
02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
"Diane" is a simple variation in the spelling of my given middle name. But I was deliberate in choosing it -- I wanted a fairly common sounding and unpretentious name that, at the same time, had no roots in any usual masculine names. Therefore, no Paula, Carla, Stephanie, Michelle, etc.

- Diane

sonna
02-18-2013, 02:24 PM
i just use sonna for cd.com every else i go, i go by elly.....from elliot

KarenCDFL
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
My late mom had Karen picked out if I was born a girl so in her honor thats who I am!

Tammy Nowakowski
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
My late mom had Tammy picked out if I was born a girl so in her honor thats who I am!
and also welcome to our family Nurse Sam

linda allen
02-18-2013, 05:14 PM

That's how I got the name I use here. This is the only place where I have a female name.

I would like for my wife to call me by a female name when I'm dressed but so far she has ignored the hints. It won't be Linda though, there's a Linda in her past that caused her some trouble. I'm going for a female version of my male name. That way it will be easier for her and if it slips out in public it won't be a big deal.

Diane Edwards
02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
My name came from what my parents would have called me if I'd been born female.

savvy_fudge
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
I chose my own name. Savannah is from a girl I had a crush on when I was much younger and I just like Maeve and the stories behind it.

Savannah Maeve Fudge

AllieSF
02-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Since I have such a bad memory and my normally quick mind and wit seem to desert me when I need to make a quick choice like a dating site nickname or, in this case, a proper femme name, I decided to pick one close to my own name, which I already own and am comfortable with. Unfortunately, it is also similar to my granddaughter's name and my late cat who had only one life to give instead of the usual nine.

alexbowral
02-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Alex was easy as I am a Alexander and girls get the same with different spellings.
There have been no problems.

Tracii G
02-18-2013, 07:52 PM
My name came from a girl I liked in grade school.I added and i to it to make it different.

stacycoral
02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I orginal went by Teresa, but after a while it just did fit, i love the name Stacy, it sounded sexy, and just like how it sounds when i say the compete name, i hope you can find the right name, so she can feel good about it, hugs.

Annaliese2010
02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Can any of the names you like be combined into a double name such as Sara Elise? With or without the hyphen. Yes. There are no ultimately correct rules for 1st & missle names. Sara Elise is sweet. It sounds like a delicious confection actually. Yum ;)

drushin703
02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
My real name is Dana, so it's not much of surprise that it is also my fem name...

AmyGaleRT
02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
There's a whole sticky thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?174762-Your-Female-Name) on this topic, which will have a lot more answers. Here's mine, in a nutshell:

"Amy Gale" are the first and middle names my mother would have used for a daughter if she'd had one. (She only had 3 sons. I'm the eldest.)
"Ruth" comes from the name of the original mesh avatar for Second Life, which used to sometimes "glitch" in as people's shapes, in a bug that's since been fixed.
"Tapie" was my maternal grandmother's maiden name.

- Amy

adrienner99
02-18-2013, 10:10 PM
There was a girl in high school--beautifully dressed, very sweet, totally popular. She wore two inch heels against the rules but no one even thought of disciplining her...She was good with hair and makeup....I didn't just worship her. I wanted to be her.

Kathryn_Cox
02-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Mine came about when I had told my wife and we used her middle name Kathryn and the surname is my mums maiden name xx.

Carla4Guage
02-19-2013, 07:05 AM
My name is the female version of my real first name, although no one calls me by that name; I go by my middle name in male mode.

Connie D50
02-19-2013, 08:06 AM
When I was picking my name I wanted one that was classie Constance (I also though it was very Femme) that could also be cute shortenConnie.

Annette Todd
02-19-2013, 08:37 AM
My name is simply my real name reversed using the feminine spelling for my first name. But of course that does not work universally. Whatever you and your so decide on will have special significance because of the collaborative effort.

BLUE ORCHID
02-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Hi Sam, I never even thought about a female name till I joined this wonderful forum so I wanted
something that had no connection to any one past or present after some long thought.

My favorite color is Blue my favorite Flower is an Orchid and that's how Blue Orchid was born.

Eve II
02-19-2013, 10:25 AM
I chose Eve because I was a man that finally reached inside and pulled out who I really am - a woman called Eve.

Amanda M
02-19-2013, 12:57 PM
I wish I could come up with something original and interesting, but sadly, that is not the case. Many years ago, in a place far away, I was called Fiona. A name that I like, for several reasons. Suffice it to say that our marital situation deteriorated severely, through no fault of my wife's - entirely down to my angst.

Fairly recently, the crossdressing thing reared its pretty head again, and before I did anything about it, we talked. And talked. My wife and I do the same job, so she is more than psychologically savvy. In fact, she is the best therapist I have ever come across.

I was very,very afraid to raise the issue again after all these years, but in all fairness, I knew I must. She was incredibly brave and accepting, and explained to me in detail - gently and with love - why it all went wrong for her the first time.

We talked names. I did not want to resurrect Fiona, because there was simply to much emotional baggage, for me at least, and I expect for her. So we started at the beginning of the alphabet, the 'rule' being that I would say if something came up that felt right for me.

So, bless you all,
AMANDA!!!!

Stephanie47
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
I took the feminine of my masculine name. My parents wanted their second born to be a girl. I would have been named Stephanie. I thought of coming up with another when I was registering, but, I could not think of another. I have a much younger sister with my feminine name. I think it belongs to me, so I co opted it. I could feminize my middle name.

audreyinalbany
02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
mine was because of a female bartender I used to know, long, long, long time ago

(she had a kind of SJP vibe long before there was an SJP)

NurseSamGG
02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Beautiful I love it!!!! The orchid is my favorite flower so declicate and beautiful. Very nice choice.

Michelle M
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
My cousin was named Michelle. She was beautiful and fun to be with, and I admired her. I wished I had been born in her place.

Ezekiel
02-19-2013, 10:36 PM
I use my real name as when I put on fem clothes I don't feel I become neither a different person nor female, just that I'm a very feminine kind of male. I'm a crossdresser yes, but mostly because society labels me like this. Ezekiel is Ezekiel always. Although thats me, if you wish a different name the best you can do is search for one that you feel suits you, something that when you pronounce it already makes you feel good with yourself.

May(be)
02-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Isn't this a sticky? This was literally my first post on this forum, but it bears repeating here if you're interested-

This name holds much significance for me.
1) It memorializes the month of my anniversary to my wonderfully accommodating and accepting wife.
2) It was the month in which I decided to begin to explore this aspect my personality.
3) Ironically, the name was given to me by my phone in an auto-correct of my own male name. Thanks, Motorola!

My wife thinks that I should change the spelling to "Mae" because, in her opinion, May sounds like I am asking for permission. As she is an ardent feminist, which is the radical idea that women are people, she thinks that a lady shouldn't have to ask permission. I'm pretty set on the spelling, though, for the aforementioned reasons.

There are other reasons as well, but they're personal and I'm sick of typing.