PDA

View Full Version : Got a date tonigh?

kimdl93
02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
That's what the cashier at Krogers asked me this afternoon.

Let me back track a bit by saying that I'm quite sure I was read. Although I know I can't read minds, she took a second and third glance my way as I waited to check out. No biggie - I expect that.

In an effort to make small talk, she said, "You Look Pretty Today - Do you have a date?" I chuckled and said, no, I just wanted to look nice.

I wasn't really all that dressed up. I work a light pastel green Shaker knit tunic, a silver necklace and white boot cut jeans. The temp was about 70 degress and the outfit felt springy.

I've shopped there en femme many times, but this was my first encounter with this particular cashier. She was genuinely friendly and I choose to assume that the compliment was sincere.

ArleneRaquel
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Kim,
Lovely post hon. It's nice to meet kind and sincere people. HUGS ! Alas I have no dates scheduled. :sad:

linda allen
02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
My first thought on reading your post was that perhaps she was going to ask you out. Then I figured it out, it was just a compliment.

It's great when people are nice to each other. Where I grew up and spent most of my life, people were not that friendly. I thought that was normal until I travelled a bit.

Wildaboutheels
02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Good for you Kim. BRAVO in fact. You DON'T know WHY she asked. And/or was curious. Being curious is NOT against the law as some here believe. Whether someone is a plain Ol' CDer or someone well on their way to crossing over.

Maybe she will make further inquiries in the future ... and maybe she won't. Maybe she has a closeted CD SO herself...

If only others here would simply accept POLITE inquiries as [likely] the compliments they are.

DeeArel
02-18-2013, 06:52 PM
I would have said "No," and then asked if she did. If not, where would should we go together.

kimdl93
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Well, in pretty sure she wasn't hitting on me...and besides I'm happily married, thank you.

I took it as an attempt to be pleasant more than anything. Of course, I'll never know what her thoughts may have been, by I'm happy with courteous and friendly service no matter how I'm dressed!

Ms. Laura
02-18-2013, 07:39 PM
It sounds like a sincere compliment. If it wasn't she probably wouldn't say anything at all.

I can't help feeling jealous that you are A: out shopping and B: out shopping at 70 deg.! I'm outside roasting coffee at 20 deg. And windy :(

Angela Campbell
02-18-2013, 08:20 PM
It sounds to me like she thought you looked nice and you looked friendly and wanted to chat while ringing you up.

kimdl93
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I can't help feeling jealous that you are A: out shopping and B: out shopping at 70 deg.! I'm outside roasting coffee at 20 deg. And windy :(

I would really rather be back in Minnesota enjoying the last few weeks of winter, but I'm nuts.

May(be)
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Definitely a friendly compliment. She must have thought you were out on the prowl, so you must have looked nice. She should check the finger, though.

kimdl93
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
?..She must have thought you were out on the prowl, so you must have looked nice. She should check the finger, though.

Gosh, I hope not. I was trying to look my best, in a daytime, mature lady shopping kind of way. Maybe she was just humoring me, but i choose to believe otherwise ;)

Tracii G
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a sincere compliment you handled it with class.Kudos!!

Annaliese2010
02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
...I work a light pastel green Shaker knit tunic, a silver necklace and white boot cut jeans. The temp was about 70 degress and the outfit felt springy.

I've shopped there en femme many times, but this was my first encounter with this particular cashier. She was genuinely friendly and I choose to assume that the compliment was sincere. I'm sure she was sincere. Or at least sincerely conflicted. That's equally as cool. Rock-on girl! ;)

(P.S. God Tracii G, you're hot!)

sorry - just sayin what I feel at the moment. (get into alotta trouble that way. *sigh* will never 'learn')

:battingeyelashes:

AmyGaleRT
02-18-2013, 09:46 PM
That's a lovely compliment, Kim! That'd be true whether she read you or not.

Under those circumstances, I'd probably have said, "No, I just felt like wearing this." Which is about the same as what you said. :)

- Amy

Beverley Sims
02-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Kim,
You do need to take a positive spin on it don't you.
I suppose others here who need more practice will get the idea one day.
Was a nice springy day too.