PDA

View Full Version : Best CD day ever

Christie ann
02-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Today was a great day. I put on my somewhat ragged wig and my somewhat androgynous blending in clothes. You know girl jeans, 3/4 sleeve, scoop neck shirt, bra and inserts, clip on earrings and the new ballet flats and went to a nearby town.

first stop a department store cosmetic counter where I asked questions and was given an hourish tutorial on eye makeup. She did one side and helped me with the other Just simple day time look. My gosh that was fun. No strange looks nor comments from the hundreds of people walking by. (why did I go to a mall on presidents day???)

then on to dress barn. I just love it when they "start" a room for you with your name written on the door. I was looking for spring! Came out of the dressing room wearing a very pretty floral dress to look at the big mirror and another woman was standing there doing the same thing she looked at me and then just gushed about how pretty the dress was. Too bad the 16 was a bit tight and the 18 was a bit loose. Also too bad I don't have any place to wear it.

and then...on a whim..I went into David's Bridal. I made an appointment for later in the day. They were so incredibly nice and sincere. We spent time looking through some books to get an idea of what i was looking for and then we were off. They provide the foundation wear (gotta get one of those bra cosets), shoes and well everything from head to toe. Oh ya that was me in those 3" heels. I felt like I was on Say yes to the Dress. I felt so pretty. I tried on 5 different dresses and was thrilled to see I wear between a 16 and an 18. The first dress I tried on, a strapless A line chiffon dress with beading at the empire waist was my favorite. This was my best girl day ever. Where was my camera? At home on the counter where I left it that morning.

Maria in heels
02-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Christie Ann...sounds like you had a great day!

Linda Leigh
02-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Sounds to me like you have a wonderful day. :):D

Linda

nhlighthouse
02-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey Gurl...Where was your I phone or android with built in camera? Don't forget that option that you have with your phone also great for taking photos of clothes

Today was a great day... This was my best girl day ever. Where was my camera? At home on the counter where I left it that morning.

Beverley Sims
02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
You may remember this day forever.
I still remember my favorite dressed day.

Jodi Anne
02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Looks like Christie Ann had a wonderful time today. Nice to hear that you were well taken care of at the mall.

Bree Wagner
02-18-2013, 11:41 PM
What an amazing day! Your courage and joy are obvious and envious. :D

I've never been to a Dress Barn but I may have to give it a shot someday now that I've read that.

-Bree